R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 MarioKart catless dp CEL lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 03:08 AM
Edward Cheng
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile MarioKart catless dp CEL lights?

Hello all,

I currently have an iPE cat back system and an ECS intake on the car and I want to go catless to make the car louder. I am going for the MarioKart catless downpipe because it is less likely to throw a CEL. My budget doesn't allow me to get a tune and an intercooler. I just want to see if any people running with MarioKart's catless downpipe getting CELs or not? And I am also wondering if it is safe to run the car with catless downpipe on stock tune without an intercooler?

Thank you!!!

Old 10-08-2017, 05:46 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward Cheng
Hello all,

I currently have an iPE cat back system and an ECS intake on the car and I want to go catless to make the car louder. I am going for the MarioKart catless downpipe because it is less likely to throw a CEL. My budget doesn't allow me to get a tune and an intercooler. I just want to see if any people running with MarioKart's catless downpipe getting CELs or not? And I am also wondering if it is safe to run the car with catless downpipe on stock tune without an intercooler?

Thank you!!!

I hope somebody will answer your question.

I also have one...... What happen if going catless and you have to go to smog test? Will it automatically fail?

I am curious because I lived in Nevada for 20 years and even new cars have to go to smog every year. I owned a 1972 classic Z and had also to pass every year.

Here in WA, there is no regulations at all. A lot of cars and pickups of the 70s-80s are still on the road some being real crap and polluting.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:58 AM
thebombardier
5th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I have one of Mario's DPs. CEL didn't come on at first but will now if I turn my Manic tune off. If you can't get a tune for the downpipe spend your money elsewhere. I'd suggest save a few bucks and go Manic Stage 1. No downpipe or intercooler needed.

Also if you put a catless downpipe on the car and don't tune for it it will affect how the car runs eventually. The car thinks it's running super rich and will pull fuel.