R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 2013 Black Roof Paint Code.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:50 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
2013 Black Roof Paint Code.........

Which paint code is the right one for the roof and mirror caps?

Mid Night Black A94 or Absolute Black B11?

Old 07-24-2017, 06:27 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dube53
Which paint code is the right one for the roof and mirror caps?

Mid Night Black A94 or Absolute Black B11?

....... It seems there is even a 3rd one, R32 Diamond Black Metallic. Where are the paint codes listed on the body?

For sure, they don't seem part of the serial number because no numbers match.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:17 AM
smith80678
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mini paint codes will be located on the passenger side firewall, or on the passenger side strut tower. They are three digits long and may contain numbers and letters.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
IME only the main body color is listed

and IME the roof/trim black is different from the body blacks {which have changed over time.} And not to be confused with the black you get when you order mirrors and/or roof in the body color ...... {and MINI parts system only lists body colors ....}

IME the roof color is the same as the wheel color for black painted wheels

code: 668
Sherwin Williams Automotive formula code 59049 or 91159 (not unusual for there to be multiple)
Name: Miscellaneous Jet Black aka miscellaneous black ....

I get my t/up from www.automotivetouchup.com ... you can get bottles, pens, rattle cans or bulk ....

footnote: get a small bottle and test the color ..... AND the paint is a two part system called 'base/clear' ... color is in the base and a clear goes over the top. Base is not glossy and needs the clear topcoat for gloss and strength, may not look right without the clear.

p.s.1 ... white roof is code 899 .... I've used this one several times on white wheels and white roof ..... have the bottle sitting right here. Miscellaneous Aspen White in the SW database. Suppliers to the auto repair/painting world have more info than your average parts counter

Old 07-25-2017, 05:38 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Capt_bj
IME only the main body color is listed

and IME the roof/trim black is different from the body blacks {which have changed over time.} And not to be confused with the black you get when you order mirrors and/or roof in the body color ...... {and MINI parts system only lists body colors ....}

IME the roof color is the same as the wheel color for black painted wheels

code: 668
Sherwin Williams Automotive formula code 59049 or 91159 (not unusual for there to be multiple)
Name: Miscellaneous Jet Black aka miscellaneous black ....

I get my t/up from www.automotivetouchup.com ... you can get bottles, pens, rattle cans or bulk ....

footnote: get a small bottle and test the color ..... AND the paint is a two part system called 'base/clear' ... color is in the base and a clear goes over the top. Base is not glossy and needs the clear topcoat for gloss and strength, may not look right without the clear.

p.s.1 ... white roof is code 899 .... I've used this one several times on white wheels and white roof ..... have the bottle sitting right here. Miscellaneous Aspen White in the SW database. Suppliers to the auto repair/painting world have more info than your average parts counter

Where is code 668 coming from? I buy my T/U from the same company and I never saw this reference.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:05 AM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
I got the codes from the Sherwin Williams Auto Finishes database (when I painted regularly used this a good bit)

I just checked and under MINI Miscellaneous - sometimes adding mirror and roof - in vehicle part

there are 4 that appear:

899 Aspen White (Misc, roof and mirror)
850 Pepper White (never mentioned as roof color that I can find)
668 Jet Black
900 Pure Silver

there are 5 pages of listing for MINI (all years all models) pairing exterior codes to these 'accent' codes, but these are the only accent codes that appear ....

under 'wheels' one code comes up A54 Bright Silver Metallic (unique wheel code - black and white wheels fall under misc)

auto'touchup does not list these codes but I've sent 'em the number and they sent the paint ... no questions asked ..... they have a 'body color' list on the site. As I said, the 'accent' list for MINI is 5 pages broken out by year and body color ...

Last edited by Capt_bj; 07-26-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:15 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Capt_bj
I got the codes from the Sherwin Williams Auto Finishes database (when I painted regularly used this a good bit)

I just checked and under MINI Miscellaneous - sometimes adding mirror and roof - in vehicle part

there are 4 that appear:

899 Aspen White (Misc, roof and mirror)
850 Pepper White (never mentioned as roof color that I can find)
668 Jet Black
900 Pure Silver

there are 5 pages of listing for MINI (all years all models) pairing exterior codes to these 'accent' codes, but these are the only accent codes that appear ....

under 'wheels' one code comes up A54 Bright Silver Metallic (unique wheel code - black and white wheels fall under misc)

auto'touchup does not list these codes but I've sent 'em the number and they sent the paint ... no questions asked ..... they have a 'body color' list on the site. As I said, the 'accent' list for MINI is 5 pages broken out by year and body color ...

So, it seems 668 may be a generic black for Mini. This make sense since it is not metallic.

As far as the silver wheels, you are right.....it is A54.