R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 2012 Coupe S No dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 03:53 PM
VX crazy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Coupe S No dash lights

Help, so after having a low voltage warning for about a month, only a few times, and I can read the voltage from gauge and knew it was fine so wasn't too worried. Well last week I got home from a track day and shut the car off, went to lock it and it locked but no beep from alarm like normal. Next day went to start and dead as a door nail. Got a new battery, registered it to the car via VIN with Snap On digital gauge. Mystery symptoms like turn signals work from outside but nothing on inside, no lights no clicking sound you normally hear. All exterior lights work, but indicators inside above nav screen where it shows I have rear fog lights on or front fog lights are blacked out even though they indeed work. also when I scroll throw the screen for the car check menu, where is shows when you need brakes etc....that is all blank. AC works, fan works, tach does NOT work. Going through all the fuses everything is fine, removed factory iPod adapter that has been plugged in since I bought it, and doesn't change anything. Also checked body computer for any obvious signs but nothing. Now going through to check all grounds etc. as light permits. Has anyone had this issue, know fix?

Old 03-07-2017, 05:49 AM
Tigger2011
Alliance Member
Received 214 Likes on 151 Posts
This is a WAG on my part but... If none of the fuses are blown it's possible a surge when connecting the battery discombobulated the KOMBI module. I'd try resetting it with NCS Expert.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:10 AM
VX crazy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tigger2011
This is a WAG on my part but... If none of the fuses are blown it's possible a surge when connecting the battery discombobulated the KOMBI module. I'd try resetting it with NCS Expert.
Thanks for the response, what is the KOMBI Module and is the NCS Expert the mini laptop at autoshop? I really appreciate it!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Tigger2011
Alliance Member
Received 214 Likes on 151 Posts
The KOMBI is the ECU that controls your instrument cluster. iNPA + NCS Expert is older BMW software used to diagnose and program cars. If you look in the electrical section of NAM there are a couple of great stickies to find out more about NCS Expert and how to use it.