R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 Good price for a 2015 Mini Cooper Coupe JCW?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:31 AM
Jaaaggg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got lucky with a good looking rare car at a great price! Congrats!

Old 02-27-2017, 08:22 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I almost got White Silver/CR myself. Ya done good dude!

Old 02-28-2017, 12:24 PM
LORDVDR
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
I almost got White Silver/CR myself. Ya done good dude!
Like really...really good. That's a steal.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:50 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Yeah those are the ($2700) Recaro heated seats alright. I love mine. Your interior is similar to mine. I have red glovebox and door armrest things.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:22 PM
LORDVDR
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Yeah those are the ($2700) Recaro heated seats alright. I love mine. Your interior is similar to mine. I have red glovebox and door armrest things.
I'm so glad I got the recaro seats. 100% worth every penny.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Tigger2011
Alliance Member
Received 214 Likes on 151 Posts
Very nice ride and a great deal to boot. Congratulations!

Old 03-17-2017, 08:06 PM
bosnik
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That is a sweet coupe!! Welcome to the club

Old 11-27-2018, 09:34 AM
IokuA
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I really really DO NOT WANT to sell this car. However, I am considering it... (unless I can get a good deal on a used vehicle).

This car has all the bells and whistles... garage parked always, never seen snow or heavy rain (I don't drive in heavy rain).

I am in need of an AWD/4 wheel drive vehicle with more space as my family has grown. I will be driving back and forth to Colorado/in snow too so this is a big reason why I have to get another vehicle.

I might be able to keep this and buy another (I can, if I tighten my belt). But... I figure before I make that decision, I wanted to see if anyone here is interested in my vehicle? It has 12,500ish miles on it now... mostly city and highway driving. I did hit a pot hole + rock that fell off from the previous person who hit a pot hole (someone was transporting decoration rocks) and so I had to have the front lower bumper repaired (the black part) and left tires and rims... I ended up getting all new parts on it I believe (I paid $3k out of pocket to fix everything with factory parts brand new) rather than pay my insurance to do it their way. It has no issues... I can show pics of before and after (looks brand new, still). I have the papers of everything that was done, too... somewhere around here.

I need to stress, I don't want to part with this vehicle so it needs to be a really good offer.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:46 PM
oscars2212
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi - where are you located?

Old 11-27-2018, 09:03 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by IokuA
Hi Everyone!

I really really DO NOT WANT to sell this car. However, I am considering it... (unless I can get a good deal on a used vehicle).

This car has all the bells and whistles... garage parked always, never seen snow or heavy rain (I don't drive in heavy rain).

I am in need of an AWD/4 wheel drive vehicle with more space as my family has grown. I will be driving back and forth to Colorado/in snow too so this is a big reason why I have to get another vehicle.

I might be able to keep this and buy another (I can, if I tighten my belt). But... I figure before I make that decision, I wanted to see if anyone here is interested in my vehicle? It has 12,500ish miles on it now... mostly city and highway driving. I did hit a pot hole + rock that fell off from the previous person who hit a pot hole (someone was transporting decoration rocks) and so I had to have the front lower bumper repaired (the black part) and left tires and rims... I ended up getting all new parts on it I believe (I paid $3k out of pocket to fix everything with factory parts brand new) rather than pay my insurance to do it their way. It has no issues... I can show pics of before and after (looks brand new, still). I have the papers of everything that was done, too... somewhere around here.

I need to stress, I don't want to part with this vehicle so it needs to be a really good offer.
Paying $3K out of pocket for repairs is a lot of money since the parts themselves are pretty cheap and easy to replace by any body shop. I am wondering why you were afraid to claim the insurance if it was a road hazard.

I had a similar experience 2 years ago with a rear bumper cover damage and I was at fault. My insurance paid for all new OEM parts and I never had an increase on my premium.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:46 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Yes, should not have to pay out of pocket on that. Should be covered, no increase. BTW those seats are very hard to find in the R58/R59 as they had them only for a short time.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-01-2018, 04:47 PM
IokuA
1st Gear
I’m in Houston.

i didn’t wanna claim it because I didn’t want my insurance goin up by a lot... which it did. I literally just switched insurance yesterday (got a new vehicle, still have the mini)... and I’m now getting two cars for less than I was paying for the one. Nationwide sucks.

It it was the front lower black part of the bumper that needed to be replaced. I originally went to the body shop the mini dealer uses as I assumed it was going to be less than $1k or there about for damage... it ended up being more... my deductible is $1k... they called me and informed more damage than initially thought so I ended up paying $3k and let’s insurance handle everything else. I have pics and a list... front bumper and some other stuff I really don’t remember but it was related to the wheel base I think.

I just tried to upload photos but it looks like it didn’t work.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:14 PM
dube53
6th Gear
I’m in Houston.

i didn’t wanna claim it because I didn’t want my insurance goin up by a lot... which it did. I literally just switched insurance yesterday (got a new vehicle, still have the mini)... and I’m now getting two cars for less than I was paying for the one. Nationwide sucks.

It it was the front lower black part of the bumper that needed to be replaced. I originally went to the body shop the mini dealer uses as I assumed it was going to be less than $1k or there about for damage... it ended up being more... my deductible is $1k... they called me and informed more damage than initially thought so I ended up paying $3k and let’s insurance handle everything else. I have pics and a list... front bumper and some other stuff I really don’t remember but it was related to the wheel base I think.

I just tried to upload photos but it looks like it didn’t work.
You paid $3K and the insurance "handled" what else? This is confusing.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:25 PM
IokuA
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dube53
You paid $3K and the insurance "handled" what else? This is confusing.
I'll go find the documents once I unpack stuff.

I drove to the body shop after the accident to get it fixed. they quoted me about $1k or at most $1.5k. My deductable is $1k. rather than INCREASE my premium, I decided to fix it myself. After $3k worth of damage they called me to inform me. I put the rest on insurance, and I was forced to pay the $3k I already charged technically. Had I known it was going to be $3k, I would have put it all on insurance and only paid the $1k.

It's not that confusing to me. I ran over a rock while avoiding a pot hole that was expected... it was dark... I got it fixed. I am just being honest to what happened to my car. BTW, it's not even on a carfax report.

It's as simple as I just described it. ran over a decoration rock. Drove it to get fixed. That's only "issue" I've had with the car. I planned on keeping it forever... I still might. The ONLY reason I am considering getting rid of it is I can see myself not driving this car a lot in the future... nothing is wrong with it.

Anyway, if anyone is interested send me a PM. Or let me know here. I'm inclined to keep it. But I wouldn't be opposed to selling it since I don't think I will be driving it much in the future because of other needs.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:22 AM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Dang man, if I could I’d fly there and buy it right now. But...... nope, I can’t. It a beautiful car!

Old 12-02-2018, 06:17 PM
dube53
6th Gear
I'll go find the documents once I unpack stuff.

I drove to the body shop after the accident to get it fixed. they quoted me about $1k or at most $1.5k. My deductable is $1k. rather than INCREASE my premium, I decided to fix it myself. After $3k worth of damage they called me to inform me. I put the rest on insurance, and I was forced to pay the $3k I already charged technically. Had I known it was going to be $3k, I would have put it all on insurance and only paid the $1k.

It's not that confusing to me. I ran over a rock while avoiding a pot hole that was expected... it was dark... I got it fixed. I am just being honest to what happened to my car. BTW, it's not even on a carfax report.

It's as simple as I just described it. ran over a decoration rock. Drove it to get fixed. That's only "issue" I've had with the car. I planned on keeping it forever... I still might. The ONLY reason I am considering getting rid of it is I can see myself not driving this car a lot in the future... nothing is wrong with it.

Anyway, if anyone is interested send me a PM. Or let me know here. I'm inclined to keep it. But I wouldn't be opposed to selling it since I don't think I will be driving it much in the future because of other needs.

I don't judge your decision to have done the repair by yourself but how much more did the insurance paid over the $3K coming from your out of pocket? I am just curious to understand the extend of the damage.

Since the stock Coupe is lower than the other Mini models, we are subject to more front end hazards on the road and parking lots...... just thinking how it make sense some are lowering these cars even more without constantly having in mind how costly it can be to have it fixed if they hit something.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:00 AM
IokuA
1st Gear
I don't remember exactly, all I know is I paid $3k total. I think total when you include labor it was $9k in repairs for all brand new BMW/Mini parts?

I have been driving my Forester now since I bought it, and only taken my mini out to drive so it doesn't go dead on me... I have put probably 10 miles on the car in the last 4 months.

I am probably going to sell it.

Ideally I am looking for $25,000. It has just below 14k miles on it.

Anyone want it?

Old 05-01-2019, 08:18 PM
dube53
6th Gear
I don't remember exactly, all I know is I paid $3k total. I think total when you include labor it was $9k in repairs for all brand new BMW/Mini parts?

I have been driving my Forester now since I bought it, and only taken my mini out to drive so it doesn't go dead on me... I have put probably 10 miles on the car in the last 4 months.

I am probably going to sell it.

Ideally I am looking for $25,000. It has just below 14k miles on it.

Anyone want it?
A $9K damage repair bill is significant no matter the mileage or age of the car and of course even worse if you had to disburse $3K out of pocket.

There is a Carfax report on this for sure for the next potential buyer to understand the severity of what has been done to fix it and make it safe again on the road.

Good luck.

Last edited by dube53; 05-01-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:14 AM
IokuA
1st Gear
That was the total cost, not in addition. $9k total to repair.

Anyway thanks, yeah if I can find a buyer I'll sell. Only if it's a good buyer/deal. I am willing to negotiate for someone who will take care of this car. I just personally need to pay off the loan.