R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) MINI Coupé (R58) discussion.

R58 What would you like to see MINI change about the Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 AM
shmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you like to see MINI change about the Coupe

I'd like to see a lighter headliner offered as an option.
Also, would like to see the rain draining in the trunk issue, when the trunk is opened, addressed.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
mrx19
1st Gear
Being discontinued would be the best option. Truly the biggest mistake Mini has made (other than not aggressively attacking the reliability issues). The roadster is nice but the coupe is ridiculous.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
JCW Suspension stock on the JCW coupe! Along with oil temp gauge.
Also have tach info display windows work like they did on previous models. I like to see outside temp, odometer and trip odometer at same time.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM
boxter4ever
3rd Gear
change.

Auto up windows,lighted vanity mirrors,water temp,oil pressure gauges.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
bruceink
2nd Gear
Not A Roadster

Make a removable hardtop version

Old 04-02-2012, 06:22 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrx19
Being discontinued would be the best option. Truly the biggest mistake Mini has made (other than not aggressively attacking the reliability issues). The roadster is nice but the coupe is ridiculous.

Ok, I get it, the Coupe doesn't fit under bridges very well. It's like they lie in wait for these threads.

If I were to change anything I'd say make it a removable hardtop and lower it an inch as standard.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Liquid
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TerminalVelocity
Ok, I get it, the Coupe doesn't fit under bridges very well. It's like they lie in wait for these threads.

If I were to change anything I'd say make it a removable hardtop and lower it an inch as standard.
No Doubt! What kind of person would post such a reply in a forum of MINI owners, in a subforum for that exact model? Is he/she the type of person that just walks up to random people in a parking lot and is like "Hey, man, your car us ugly as sin and it should have never been made". I mean WHO DOES THAT???

Sheesh, some people have no couth...

....and now I await a reply about "blah blah blah, I have a right to an opinion, blah blah blah" LOL

BACK ON TOPIC, the only thing I'd like to see addressed that I wish it weighed less than the regular hatch.....but oh well, I'm still buying my even heavier roadster :-)

Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Liquid
No Doubt! What kind of person would post such a reply in a forum of MINI owners, in a subforum for that exact model? Is he/she the type of person that just walks up to random people in a parking lot and is like "Hey, man, your car us ugly as sin and it should have never been made".
I can almost guarantee they would NEVER do that in person. Internet anonymity is easy to hide behind.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Sting.
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrx19
Don't ya just love a Keyboard Warrior?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM
mikecb07
1st Gear
Garage door opener on mirror, redesign of roof so sunroof can be option, better oil dipstick, black gauges as option even if more $$, donut spare.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TerminalVelocity

I agree. It would be neigh perfect at that point.

I love my Coupe and I'm happy that I could afford it and I drive it with pride. To the haters out there, I'm glad I'm not in your head what a rotten place to be!!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM
bruceink
2nd Gear
interest

The haters out there in the real world, if there are any, have been leaving me alone. What I AM getting: every single person that has made a comment has made a positive one about the car, the color, the roof, the evolution of MINIs, etc. I get random people honking and rolling down windows at stoplights to ask about it, I get people walking across the street to take photos with their phones, on and on. If I didn't know better, I'd think i was pretty cool just for buying the darn thing.....

Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
PatM
6th Gear
I agree. I have people doing the same thing. They like to chat about it.

I finally saw another car in my area. It's a pepper white Coupe. I haven't had a chance to chat with the owner yet. We've passed each other several times. It's only the second car I've have seen in my area and there are lots of Mini's running around this state. (Not a lot of Coupes but I like that.)

It sure is a hoot to drive and man are the brakes just killer. Talk about going deep into the corner. Wow!!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 AM
PezRadar
5th Gear
I constantly get people who give me a thumbs up. Wouldn't change a thing. Well other than me running over this mrx19 fellow with mine :P

Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 AM
Julien321
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bruceink
Not A Roadster

Make a removable hardtop version
....but if you removed the top it WOULD be a Roadster.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:04 AM
bruceink
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Julien321
....but if you removed the top it WOULD be a Roadster.
"semantics are my life" Det. Dietrich on the old Barney Miller TV show.....

Yeah, I don't really want a roadster, but just occasionally the open air is so inviting.....

Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Liquid
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mikecb07
redesign of roof so sunroof can be option.
Had that been the case, I would of been sporting a Coupe right now....had to get a Roadster instead, couldn't live without at least a Sunroof.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 AM
minirab
5th Gear
MRX19.......go post on a Subie forum.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 AM
snek
2nd Gear
Better visibility out, auto-up windows, a water temp gauge, seat belt anchors mounted on the B pillars, quieter heater fan, two boot lights (or just one, but mounted in the middle), sports mode always on - no wind noise at the side windows, no squeeks and rattles when outside temp goes below 40 F. Other than that, I love my car.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:48 PM
R58
1st Gear
I think a targa top or even T-tops would be cool. Not a fan of the look of convertibles...but think these would be cool.
Also, shedding some weight in the doors

Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Originally Posted by snek
Better visibility out, auto-up windows, a water temp gauge, seat belt anchors mounted on the B pillars, quieter heater fan, two boot lights (or just one, but mounted in the middle), sports mode always on - no wind noise at the side windows, no squeeks and rattles when outside temp goes below 40 F. Other than that, I love my car.
With mirrors adjusted correctly no visibility issues, auto up on the windows not an issue for me, everything else works for me. I have no squeaks rattles or wind noise . At least to 110 mph. I like having the sports mode option. I guess my car is perfect foe me. I'm really glad I purchased it!! Best car I ever owned.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:04 PM
snek
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
With mirrors adjusted correctly no visibility issues, auto up on the windows not an issue for me, everything else works for me. I have no squeaks rattles or wind noise . At least to 110 mph. I like having the sports mode option. I guess my car is perfect foe me. I'm really glad I purchased it!! Best car I ever owned.

Why does the Coupe have a plastic trim piece at the top of the windshield and not glass? Why does the roof come down over the sides - why doesn't the glass go higher? And wouldn't that be cool if the spoilers were see-through?

Wouldn't that be nice if the extra weight added to the Coupe because of the Roadster was offset by extra horsepower?

And is anyone here who prefers the "crummy" setting over the sports mode?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
i want mini to give me one so i can properly evaluate it......should not take me longer than 2 or 3 years

hey mini....if you are reading this....a JCW would be nice!

Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM
gloomchen
3rd Gear
My daily commute is 96% highway so I rarely use sport mode. It would be a needless waste of gas. So, yeah, I prefer "crummy" most of the time.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 PM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Why does the Coupe have a plastic trim piece at the top of the windshield and not glass? Why does the roof come down over the sides - why doesn't the glass go higher? And wouldn't that be cool if the spoilers were see-through?

Wouldn't that be nice if the extra weight added to the Coupe because of the Roadster was offset by extra horsepower?

I'll always take more HP no matter what the weight!

As for the glass going higher and the roof coming down over the sides I like it just as it is and was an obvious design choice by MINI. I see no problem with it and glad they took a risk in design unlike virtually every other auto manufacturer who seem to mainly follow the design du jour.

While I might like sport mode to be the default instead of the other way around I'm glad the "crummy" mode is there. It saves on MPG and o doubt causes less wear on the system which for most stop and go commuting long distance travelling is an wise choice.

Quick Reply: R58 What would you like to see MINI change about the Coupe