North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r58-coup-talk-2012-379/)
-   -   R58 JCW sports seat bolsters fading...... (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r58-coup-talk-2012/300483-jcw-sports-seat-bolsters-fading.html)

dube53 03-16-2016 07:36 PM

JCW sports seat bolsters fading......

I have the charcoal fabric red stitched sport seats and observed the left bolster of the driver seat is fading.

I tried to clean but it stays the same.

It seems like the fabric has some issues and doesn't stay stretched on the bolster foam.

For sure I will ask for replacement at the next service schedule.

GeneralSpecific 03-20-2016 10:47 AM

Pictures?
May be worth looking for for other folks.

flyjets01 03-20-2016 04:07 PM

Richard

I second this a few photos would be helpful.

Ian

dube53 03-20-2016 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by flyjets01 (Post 4189030)
Richard

I second this a few photos would be helpful.

Ian

I will try to post a few this week.

ECSTuning 03-21-2016 08:53 AM

Thats the first i have heard it on the Cloth JCW sport seats ? You did have your window tinted all the time in vegas right ?

dube53 03-21-2016 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 4189275)
Thats the first i have heard it on the Cloth JCW sport seats ? You did have your window tinted all the time in vegas right ?

Yes,...... after closer examination, I believe it is normal wear located at the very bottom of the left back bolster from getting in and out.

I had previous leather seats that have done the same.

TheBigNewt 03-22-2016 07:30 AM

Yeah it's from sliding across it getting in and out. My 2007 MCS had Tuscan Beige leather seats and wore there. My Coupe has Recaros that are black Alcantara leather and do it very slightly.

ECSTuning 03-22-2016 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by dube53 (Post 4189538)
Yes,...... after closer examination, I believe it is normal wear located at the very bottom of the left back bolster from getting in and out.

I had previous leather seats that have done the same.

Not fade from sun , but wear from in / out. Yea, my leather seats will do that. My leatherette held up much better. The Cloth seat can do that, sometimes you will get some burrs from the cloth from pulling at jeans.

dube53 03-22-2016 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 4189686)
Not fade from sun , but wear from in / out. Yea, my leather seats will do that. My leatherette held up much better. The Cloth seat can do that, sometimes you will get some burrs from the cloth from pulling at jeans.

You explained the problem in far better words.

Is something can be done fix it? I thought about steam cleaning.

ECSTuning 03-23-2016 08:32 AM

The Steam clean will loosen up the fibers and take the sheen off, about the only thing you can do. One other thing people use if the fabric cleaner and repellent from scotch guard, keeps the fabric new and smooth so it will not get a sheen, And also if you have those burrs , use a jacket / cloth burr cleaner tool , think the cleaners carry those and online.

Otherwise you can set down a cloth towel on the seats, i know allot of car show guys do that before they go to the car show.

dube53 03-23-2016 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 4190094)
The Steam clean will loosen up the fibers and take the sheen off, about the only thing you can do. One other thing people use if the fabric cleaner and repellent from scotch guard, keeps the fabric new and smooth so it will not get a sheen, And also if you have those burrs , use a jacket / cloth burr cleaner tool , think the cleaners carry those and online.

Otherwise you can set down a cloth towel on the seats, I know allot of car show guys do that before they go to the car show.

I have one of these very small comb tool to remove these burrs on expensive wool sweaters and they are very hard to find. Johann or Michaels are the only hobby stores you can find them.

I will try and see. I believe it may work.

ECSTuning 03-24-2016 05:14 AM

Yep, thats the one, i have an older one ( battery powered) that blade spins through a mesh grille and picks up the burrs. Worked on my last R56 that had cloth stitch seats, if you see there is a snag , dont use it. Might pull the fabric. Just get a very small scissor and trim the loose end. Your seats are new so i dont think you will have that snag issue.