Does this look right? Dash not aligned - North American Motoring

R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

Does this look right? Dash not aligned

Old 05-08-2018, 09:18 AM
4th Gear

Does this look right? Dash not aligned

Hey guys, while investigating a rattling noise I noticed recently, I was looking toward the front of the car because thatís where it was coming from. ANd I noticed that it seems my dashboard isnít pushed in all the way to where it meets the front windshield. Does this look normal? In the picture u can see what looks like a clip that isnít meeting where it should he connected. My dealer wonít allow me to send a pic to have them look first they want me to bring the car in.

2015 Cooper S Convertible purchased feb 2018 as a

CPO
Old 05-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Yes, looks a bit short. Was the windshield ever replaced or the top cover replaced due to an airbag deployment? I would take it all out and reset it in place.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:30 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Yes, looks a bit short. Was the windshield ever replaced or the top cover replaced due to an airbag deployment? I would take it all out and reset it in place.
thanks for the response. The windshield hadnít ever needed to be replaced to my knowledge and the car has a clean carfax so there should have been no airbag deployment.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:28 AM
Platinum Sponsor

ok, yea. Something was moved.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:28 AM
4th Gear

Ok so hereís an update, brought the car to my local dealer and they took a preliminary exterior look at what I had been talking about. The service advisor said something definitely didnít seem right with the spacing between the dash and the windshield from the inside on the drivers side. He didnít see anything else that looked off though, the engine compartment all seemed fine and no other components of the dash seemed misaligned. The window seemed to check out as OEM because of the markings. Dealership got the ok to start pulling the car apart and further investigating. Iím really hoping it isnít anything major like sketchy cash work having been done by the previous owner. I thought I was doing the smart thing by buying CPO from a dealer. Anyone have any reassuring thoughts?