R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Using non power folding mirrors instead of powerfolding?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 02:33 PM
MarjorTom518
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Using non power folding mirrors instead of powerfolding?

Whatsup guys, was just wondering if it would be possible to fit a set of non powerfolding mirrors on my 2010 R57, which currently has PF mirrors. Wanted to upgrade the chrome mirrors to the black and white UJ side views, and i found a non - PF set that goes for almost half the price of a PF set. I'd imagine they'd still fit but I would just lose the option to electronically fold the mirrors but I wanted to ask you guys first before i made the purchase. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:09 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Yes, they would fit, you just have that plug undone. Make a not to the next person if you sold the car it has the NON PF version incase someone wants to change the mirror caps, or just give them the PF version with the car.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-31-2017, 12:13 PM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by MarjorTom518
Whatsup guys, was just wondering if it would be possible to fit a set of non powerfolding mirrors on my 2010 R57, which currently has PF mirrors. Wanted to upgrade the chrome mirrors to the black and white UJ side views, and i found a non - PF set that goes for almost half the price of a PF set. I'd imagine they'd still fit but I would just lose the option to electronically fold the mirrors but I wanted to ask you guys first before i made the purchase. Thanks!
they will bolt on. Unfortunately, the electric plug is NOT the same. so not only you will loose the PF, you will also loose controlling the mirror.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:39 AM
MarjorTom518
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniToBe
they will bolt on. Unfortunately, the electric plug is NOT the same. so not only you will loose the PF, you will also loose controlling the mirror.
Ahh, gotcha. Looks like I'll have to drop the extra cash for the PF option. Thanks for the responses! Will post pics in the photo thread once they arrive