R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will! We might be bringing Jimmy's MINI this year though, since we've brought mine the past two years in a row. It all depends on whether or not he makes his car look nice, changes his oil and has no problems with it this year. :P

Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Oh and... we have a spare bed in our room if anyone is looking for lodging.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by amberback
So how many of us will be at the dragon this year?! Let's break the record! (Which... i think is 4 or 5.)
We'll be there!

Speaking of World Records, did anybody ever post pictures of that meet-up in here?

Old 01-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
I have some photos from the Oxygen Blue meet at the Dragon, here, let me upload them. I'll post them in just a sec!

Edit: Here we go!

Last edited by Agent.COOPER; 01-17-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:45 AM
amberback
5th Gear
There is one on my facebook... I made the MOTD Album public so you should be able to see it http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4000439&type=3

Old 01-17-2012, 05:52 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by amberback
Oh and... we have a spare bed in our room if anyone is looking for lodging.
Fortunately, we rebooked our cabin before we left last year, but given the number of people who have already signed up, I'm sure there will be people looking for rooms!

Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
I have some photos from the Oxygen Blue meet at the Dragon, here, let me upload them. I'll post them in just a sec!
Great! I took some, too, but I'd like to see some moe, and I'm sure anybody who wasn't there that still checks this thread would be interested, too.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
I posted them in the post above! :D

Yeah, we've been collecting friends from around here to fill our 2 bedroom cabin. Finally got it filled last week, which is awesome. Means that each person is only paying $140 for the entire trip... yay!

Would you be all right if I mentioned your cabin to some friends of mine looking for a spare bed? I don't know if anyone's still looking (they were a little while ago), but we'll see.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
I posted them in the post above! :D.
Ha, yeah, I saw them after I posted. It just took me forever to post so I didn't know the we're there.

Nice pictures, btw! Hopefully we can match or beat that this year. One thing that I found interesting is the difference in spoilers on the last picture. The optional 'Rear Spoiler' on my car is only slightly different than the standard one. I don't know that I've ever seen both right next to each other.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Would you be all right if I mentioned your cabin to some friends of mine looking for a spare bed? I don't know if anyone's still looking (they were a little while ago), but we'll see.
That's ok. Let me know if you know of anyone. We just have one of the 'hotel room' types where there are 2 queen beds in 1 room.
I guess we're being kind of picky about roommates... Just don't want just any old random stranger that we might not get along with... and I'm afraid to announce it to our club because I know of one or two looking for rooms that I just don't think I could stand to live with for a week. haha.

But i trust you not to stick us with someone who you wouldn't also feel comfortable sharing a room with. We are going down Tuesday afternoon till Sunday.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
I completely understand, thank you! I'll let you know soon if there's anyone who might be interested.

Also, I have some great news! Jimmy and I are buying a classic Mini. We're not entirely positive on all the details yet, but a good friend of Jimmy's is giving us his. It's a 1960 in pretty good shape, needs a bit of work (from what I understand, no rust, runs but needs a new transmission and carburetor work). We're very excited, going to pick it up once our tax returns come in. Yay!!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:11 AM
amberback
5th Gear
I completely understand, thank you! I'll let you know soon if there's anyone who might be interested.

Also, I have some great news! Jimmy and I are buying a classic Mini. We're not entirely positive on all the details yet, but a good friend of Jimmy's is giving us his. It's a 1960 in pretty good shape, needs a bit of work (from what I understand, no rust, runs but needs a new transmission and carburetor work). We're very excited, going to pick it up once our tax returns come in. Yay!!
Completely jealous of the classic mini! Do you know what color it is? I really want to get one someday.

Definitely let me know if you find someone to share the room. My dad is being all crazy "you better find roommates or you need to get separate rooms". (At what age is he going to stop treating me like a teenager?)

Old 01-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
It's red right now, but we plan on repainting it to be the BMW Black Eye Purple/Purple Haze. We have a paint shop in town that has the actual BMW/MINI paint, so we're gonna take it to him. Why are we repainting it? Because it has a 'custom' paint job right now...

Hahaha, wow. I'm asking on our club's forums right now about it - will let you know if I get any replies.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
It's red right now, but we plan on repainting it to be the BMW Black Eye Purple/Purple Haze. We have a paint shop in town that has the actual BMW/MINI paint, so we're gonna take it to him. Why are we repainting it? Because it has a 'custom' paint job right now...

Congrats on the classic Mini! I'd love to have one, too. That is a very custom paint job haha!

I've already decided to go with the original Surf Blue and White should I ever get one... Either that or BRG.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Blainestang
Congrats on the classic Mini! I'd love to have one, too. That is a very custom paint job haha!

I've already decided to go with the original Surf Blue and White should I ever get one... Either that or BRG.

Haha... loving that 'custom' job. Purple will be awesome! That was always the color MINI I wanted.

I'm also after a surf blue one! But I'd probably settle for anything that isn't red or black (boring!!).

Old 01-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Oh, that surf blue is fantastic! I love it.

Jimmy and I are both a fan of purple things - heck, we just painted our laundry room purple. :P We can't wait. I agree, there's too many red / black Mini/MINIs out there... too common! No creativity!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Oh, that surf blue is fantastic! I love it.

Jimmy and I are both a fan of purple things - heck, we just painted our laundry room purple. :P We can't wait. I agree, there's too many red / black Mini/MINIs out there... too common! No creativity!
Definitely keep us up to date on the progress! I really like the Black Eye Purple, as well? What color roof are you thinking of?

Old 01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
All right, we spoke to the original owner of the Mini today... looks like it only has ONE spot with rust on it (under the driver's side door, you can see it in the photo) and there's a soft spot on one of the A-pillars (can't remember which side). Other than that it's in fantastic shape. It used to be a daily driver, the original owner said it was extremely dependable (GASP!?) until the transmission started dying. They put it up with intentions of fixing it but never got around to it.

It's coming with a brand new engine (850? something like that) and all the panels that need to be replaced. We are SO excited. Cleaned out our garage today so we can make room!

We'd be doing a black roof with the Black Eye Purple. Now Jimmy is wanting us to paint it to look identical to his MINI, which I actually think would be rather cute...:

Old 01-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
well, looks like he changed his mind again. He wants surf blue now! He decided this even before I showed him this thread. Haha.
also, were finally installing my shift boots i got for Christmas. I'm excited!
I can't type with my HP touchpad. Haha. :p

Old 01-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Blainestang
6th Gear
well, looks like he changed his mind again. He wants surf blue now! He decided this even before I showed him this thread. Haha.
also, were finally installing my shift boots i got for Christmas. I'm excited!
I can't type with my HP touchpad. Haha. :p
That's funny! It's a great color combo, for sure.

I'm still painting my future Classic Mini Surf Blue, though, even if you beat me to it!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Guess what? He changed his mind again. Now he wants Honolulu Blue. I think he's sticking with this one... he's planned it all out now.

Even better, tomorrow's the day! We're expecting to finally get our Mini between 10am and noon! I'm so excited! Pictures will come when it finally gets here :D

Old 03-13-2012, 05:43 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Hey how's the classic coming? Paint on it yet?

I've kinda been on a mission to find oxygen blue nail polish and thought I'd share since I finally found one that is a near perfect match!! It is called Galahad by A England (a British brand, obviously). It can be purchased here: http://shop.llarowe.com/Galahad-Galahad.htm

Ps. Less than 60 days till MOTD?!

Old 03-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
I still absolutely love that polish. I've gotta get myself some!!

The Classic is going well, actually! We wanted to make it drivable first, which is exactly what we've done! It is almost 100% road legal an working now. All that's left is to fix/replace a brake sensor so the brake lights light up when you hit the brakes. We're going to register and title the car today! :D

Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is not the Spiral Highway...

Molly had to be Flatbedded to MINI of Portland after I found NO Coolant in the Resevoir on Saturday Night.
Fellow O2Blue Bretheren keep your eyes on your C@@LANT!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 03-15-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:47 AM
pavlinaK
Neutral
Hi all,
long time fellow VT MINI driver here.
Have just bought my 3rd Mini : ) After owning a 2002 yellow and an '06 pepper white, this one's a beautiful 2009 O2Blue-- was amused upon discovering club on the forums! Such a great color. I can't stop fawning over her (have named her Maura)
Love the pics from your meetup, by the way!
Any plans for others?
Also, are there stickers/bumper stickers available for the O2 owner's LOGO? I think they are very cute.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell

Molly had to be Flatbedded to MINI of Portland after I found NO Coolant in the Resevoir on Saturday Night.
Fellow O2Blue Bretheren keep your eyes on your C@@LANT!!
How'd it go at the dealer? Any damage? Just needed a refill?

Originally Posted by pavlinaK
Hi all,
long time fellow VT MINI driver here.
Have just bought my 3rd Mini : ) After owning a 2002 yellow and an '06 pepper white, this one's a beautiful 2009 O2Blue-- was amused upon discovering club on the forums! Such a great color. I can't stop fawning over her (have named her Maura)
Love the pics from your meetup, by the way!
Any plans for others?
Also, are there stickers/bumper stickers available for the O2 owner's LOGO? I think they are very cute.
Welcome to the club!

I believe at least 3 of us will be at the MINIs on the Dragon event this May (which is where we met up before), although agent.cooper's boyfriend always says they're going to bring his MINI instead of her Oxygen Blue :D.

As far as the logo, my mom bought my wife and I matching sweatshirts with that logo on it from CafePress, so maybe try searching on there.
Welcome again... Oh, and we'd love to see pics of your new MINI!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club