Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain CNT Racing Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 08:04 AM
cloverasx
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
CNT Racing Exhaust

Hey guys,
Hopefully not a repost, but I didn't see anything after a quick search yesterday. I'm looking at getting the CNT Racing exhaust (I already have the downpipe) and I'm trying to figure out 3 things:
  • Are the only O2 sensors the upstream and downstream around the first cat?
  • Is the CNT Exhaust catless?
  • What is the bulge in the section of exhaust in the picture on their website?
From what I've seen, it sounds like it's catless, so I'm imagining that bulge is a resonator, but I have no idea so what do you guys know about it?

Relevant link:
https://www.cntracing.com/collection...s-turbo-models

Old 08-20-2018, 12:15 PM
ohiojcw
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah. By the description it's cat-less. That's a resonator and a section of flex pipe .... yes, only 2 O2 sensors on the down pipe

The following users liked this post:
cloverasx (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 01:16 PM
cloverasx
2nd Gear
Good deal, that makes everything pretty easy once I get it - do you know if the Borla XR-1 would sound much different?

Old 08-21-2018, 10:50 AM
400mphpc
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Cloverasx. I run the CNT Catless w/down-pipe and the sound is pretty good. Do you have any other mod's (Tune or Intercooler)? Not sure what your looking for but I can tell you there will be some drone on the highway, when the car is under a load. Mine kicks in at about 65 to 70 @ the tach is sitting around 3000 RPM's. I have also seen an increase in exhaust fume smell once I switched over to the down-pipe and only can assume since the cat is removed, it's just not burning off the excess fumes as efficiently now. All in all, I'm happy with the deep sound and the performance. Hope this helps in some small way.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:55 AM
cloverasx
2nd Gear
Sounds like your setup is basically what I'm shooting for - currently I have the CNT catless DP, K&N typhoon intake (just a shroud around the cone to protect a little from engine heat), and the Alta FMIC with high flow pipes. My next steps are putting this exhaust on and more than likely removing the resonator to see how it sounds afterward. If you say it drones at 3k on the highway, then I'll likely just stick with that instead of going any louder for now. More work/money anyway!

Did your car come with the JCW appearance package or did you add them? That's one of the things I really want for mine.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:47 AM
400mphpc
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cloverasx
Sounds like your setup is basically what I'm shooting for - currently I have the CNT catless DP, K&N typhoon intake (just a shroud around the cone to protect a little from engine heat), and the Alta FMIC with high flow pipes. My next steps are putting this exhaust on and more than likely removing the resonator to see how it sounds afterward. If you say it drones at 3k on the highway, then I'll likely just stick with that instead of going any louder for now. More work/money anyway!

Did your car come with the JCW appearance package or did you add them? That's one of the things I really want for mine.
Hi, mine already had the JCW appearance package on it when I purchased the car. As for the drone, I personally feel we will all have our own individual experiences with this based on our style of driving, road elevations and weight distribution in the car. For me, I really saw more noise on a recent trip when I had the car loaded down with luggage & my wife in the passenger seat. It's just something you have to decide on your own, if you like it or not. My normal daily drives are okay and I enjoy the rumble...

Old 08-22-2018, 09:36 AM
cloverasx
2nd Gear
Ok, I doubt it'll be too loud for me - my main concerns are with it being too loud for my wife, neighbors, and getting tickets for the noise. . . Guess we'll find out soon!

Old 10-25-2018, 02:45 AM
Rambleon
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cel??

I am wanting to put just the second cat delete back! Leaving down pipe stick! Does this risk Turing on any CEL?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:25 AM
cloverasx
2nd Gear
Shouldn't. The two O2 sensors that surround the downpipe talk to each other showing if the first cat is working properly. From what I understand, the second cat is basically supplementary and doesn't have any sensor behind it, so removing that cat shouldn't throw a code.