R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 couple of question... well more than a few

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 07:48 PM
EpicUnciat
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple of question... well more than a few

Hey guys im new to this forum and mini coopers in general, I own a 2013 mini cooper hardtop (base model.... yeah i made that mistake but it was the cheapest manual vehicle at the store) anyway on to the questions.
1.) i notice that if you were to remove the back seats theres like a big block of taken space, whats under the carpet other than the wheel wells for the back wheel? is there anyway i could lower that shelf to floorboard level or is that shelf serving some purpose?
2.) talking about wheel wells, im wanting to put bigger tires for better clearance (no i wont sell out and get a bigger better car, sometimes smaller cars are better, and this is my first car it has sentimental value) whats the diameter of the wheel well? and if i were to buy the 2" lift whats the largest diameter tire i would be able to have with out having to expand the well?
3.) i was reading up online that a performance exhaust would help with fuel millage and other things, is this a recommended mod? what would it actually do and how much difference would it make?
i can already feel the comments calling me dumb but hey its a title that fits, i'll roll with it. i have an obsession with making things different and i figured the best way to make my mini stand apart from most other peoples is to raise it a little for better adventuring.