Cosmetic Improvements? - North American Motoring

R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cosmetic Improvements?

Old 01-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Neutral

Cosmetic Improvements?

What cosmetic improvements have you guys made to your minis? I'm already planning to replace the stripes since they are cracking a fair amount, in addition I want to get new courtesy lights under the door that are a little brighter. What else would you guys suggest?
Attached Thumbnails
Cosmetic Improvements?-kobay-1-of-1-.jpg  
Old 01-12-2018, 02:52 PM
5th Gear

Shorty antenna, JCW shift **** and JCW steering wheel are the only cosmetic improvements on mine. the JCW steering wheel (aftersales, not the standard one with red piping that comes on JCW cars) is so chunky and feels so good. For $350 it's worth it, since I see and use it every time I drive.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:14 PM
5th Gear

Personally, I like the look of Carbon Fiber. My MINI being BRG2, it keeps things kinda dark. I am in the process of buying everything Carbon for my MINI. I also went pretty dark on the window tinting. Honestly, it's all about your tastes, and how far you want to go.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:21 PM

lowering springs or coilovers - get rid of that wheel gap and lower the car a bit. Improves looks and handling all in the same mod
Old 01-12-2018, 11:35 PM
5th Gear

Lowering is cool, looks way better. But the vibrations while accelerating? UGH. Has anyone figured out how to lower without the vibes on accel? I had H&R 1.2 lower springs, and those vibrations drove me nuts. Looked much better, BUT.....then went to Megan 1/2 front and 3/4 rear lower springs. Much less vibes. But, still there. I even tried new axle shafts, thinking mine had "taken a set". Still had vibrations on accel, but not as bad. Just today installed a set of GP2 coilovers, which are adjustable for height, but not compression and rebound. I set them at the highest setting, as the MUDDY season is about to begin on my roads. I gotta say, much better handling, and much less body roll, but has a tendency to understeer now. Once the spring/summer months set in, I will adjust them just a bit lower, see what I get then.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 PM

I'm lowered on Ohlins R&T, no vibration.... even adding the Powerflex lower engine mount inserts only made a very slight change in vibration at idle, don't even notice it now. I don't have any idea why this is a problem for some and not for others.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:09 AM
5th Gear

No idea. The guy I bought the GP stuff from went to Ohlins. He said the only thing he gained was adjustability on bump and rebound. He was tracking his GP2, so I get that. He said aside from the adjustability, he did not feel a difference.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:17 AM
5th Gear

Is anyone producing high-angle CV shafts for an R56? I think that there will be a "found the solution"moment. Pricey? Sure as shoot. I go back to the old adage "how fast do you want to go, and how much are you willing to spend".