R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 My Justa 2009 Mini Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 07:01 PM
vlindell
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Justa 2009 Mini Story

Most of the threads contain issues from people who have problems with there Mini's. That's understandable since this is the perfect place to get help. I have received money saving DIY help a few times with very minor issues with my Mini which was much appreciated. I just wanted to reaffirm Mini owners that I am sure I am correct in assuming that most owners on the whole do not have issues. I ordered mine in 2008 over the USA. Mini site sight unseen. I now have close to 90K and it has been a trouble free fantastic car and love looking at it in the garage and driving it. My Justa still handles great, is still screwed together well and gets overall 35+mpg. Eight Minnesota salty road winters and still no rust. Any car I get from now on whether a Mini or something else will have a hatch, how convenient. The only minor complaint is that it is somewhat slow or slower on acceleration but not a big deal since I am sure I could probably cruise at 90 mph all day if I wanted to it's just that it take a few more seconds to to get there vs a "S" model or several more seconds than say a Porsche 911. Thanks everyone who has helped me from time to time with my minor Mini problems.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 AM
Scudder44
4th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts
Justa 2009 too. I concur, no big problems, 42K miles. Nature of the beast, folk only post in forums when they need help or to complain - except here :-)

Old 04-27-2017, 11:21 PM
renchjeep
6th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Always nice to hear from a satisfied owner. My wife and I own 2 MINI's, and she loves her 2013 Justa convertible. My 2011 R56S has not been problem-free, but most issues have been covered under the original warranty left when purchased used, or under my aftermarket Hendrick extended warranty that I bought when I purchased him used from a local BMW dealer. I had no idea what to expect, so spent the money on the Hendrick deal. It has covered more than it's initial purchase price so far. Almost 78k now, and still Motoring On. At the rate I am accumulating miles, Oliver will have close to 200k when he is finally paid off. I am just along for the FUN ride. It lasts as long as it lasts. So glad I got a MINI S, even with all of the supposed issues. A Honda or Toyota would have NEVER been as much fun. Motor On!