North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 Can I reset the service indicator? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/278863-can-i-reset-the-service-indicator.html)

TheBigNewt 10-27-2014 10:24 AM

Can I reset the service indicator?

2014 R58 purchased 4/14. In July the oil change alert went off because it was then one year old but with only 2500 miles. Scottsdale Mini did the service but forgot to reset the indicator. I can't figure out how to do it, I know I could on my 2007 I think it was done with the stalk? I have Mini Connected but the Vehicle app only shows that it needs it done (alert). Thanks in advance.

RRG 10-27-2014 01:45 PM

Yes. You can find instructions on youtube. They are kinda lengthy and non-intuitive.
Mine is malfunctioning. It will not reset.
Good luck!
RRG

Capt_bj 10-27-2014 03:15 PM

not in the owner's manual?

btw ... in the old days

if the dealer did the oil change at the 12 month rule ... they did NOT reset the mile counter which was also for 'first service' . . . .

Btwyx 10-27-2014 08:17 PM

There's a couple of different versions, both involve holding down the buttons in the tach for a long time. I think the later one, which works on my 2013, is:

1. Turn car on
2. Wait for indicators to go out (i.e. shows milage etc)
3. Immediately hold both buttons until something happens (could take a few secs)

You should now have a menu which uses the stalk button like the normal menus. When you find the thing you want to reset hold the stalk button until something happens.

TheBigNewt 10-31-2014 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Btwyx (Post 4006477)
There's a couple of different versions, both involve holding down the buttons in the tach for a long time. I think the later one, which works on my 2013, is:

1. Turn car on
3. Immediately hold both buttons until something happens (could take a few secs)

You should now have a menu which uses the stalk button like the normal menus. When you find the thing you want to reset hold the stalk button until something happens.

Thanks, I'll try it. I found that "secret menu" by holding the trip reset button down on my 2007 by accident. I emailed my SA about it too. I guess I could get free oil service anytime I want if I leave it alone lol.

trwxxa 10-31-2014 10:54 AM

Resetting Service Indicators

TheBigNewt 11-03-2014 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Btwyx (Post 4006477)

1. Turn car on

That worked. Thanks!