North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 Forge Blow Off Valve N14 Engines or Forge Recirc Valve N14 Engines? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/262928-forge-blow-off-valve-n14-engines-or-forge-recirc-valve-n14-engines.html)

Systemlord 12-22-2013 05:01 PM

Forge Blow Off Valve N14 Engines or Forge Recirc Valve N14 Engines?

My stock BOV/Recirc valve needs replacement so I thought why not get a more reliable Forged brand to replace it. I'm unsure which one to get because one (FM207V) recirculates charged air back into the intake and the other (FMDVR56A) vents to atmosphere. Then you have just the adapter with no valve. What are the pros and cons to either, I'm not sure which is better or how either will affect performance.

Some clarity would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Systemlord.

vetsvette 12-22-2013 06:03 PM

Have been wondering the same thing. I have been looking at both myself. I'm going with one of them.:popcorn:

MattyKHZ 12-22-2013 11:34 PM

I have the former. It makes no dump valve noise which is what you get with the latter.

Mine was fitted by Forge here in the UK when they borrowed my car to test fit and document fitting. Benn running it for a while with no problems and it is very smooth.

Went to Evolve here in the UK for a remap and my car was not making boost over 3k revs. Turns out Forge put on a valve with only 1 connector not 2 so they had to send me a new one. I was obviously not pushing my car above 3k revs to notice driving mostly motorway but now the car flies when I want it to.

Since fitted the AEM intake and find the Forge valve not compatible.

The fitment issue stems from the intake manifold tap in for the vacuum hose. This fouls the AEM airbox which must be larger or deeper than the OEM one. So had to go back to standard diverter and sell my Forge one. Shame as the standard one is very off/on in actuation where as the Forge just smooths out delivery.

I have heard some people grinding the AEM inbox to allow the boost tap to clear. I may do that.

vetsvette 12-22-2013 11:46 PM

I heard that the BSH dual boost tap will fit with the AEM intake. I hope it will because I plan on using it to block the PCV when I install my BSH Oil Catch Can and AEM CAI. Just waiting for Mini to replace my cam chain assembly on the 27th.

countryboyshane 12-23-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Systemlord (Post 3857567)
My stock BOV/Recirc valve needs replacement so I thought why not get a more reliable Forged brand to replace it. I'm unsure which one to get because one (FM207V) recirculates charged air back into the intake and the other (FMDVR56A) vents to atmosphere. Then you have just the adapter with no valve. What are the pros and cons to either, I'm not sure which is better or how either will affect performance.

Some clarity would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Systemlord.

The FM207V is the one to get. Very reliable. I had it on my car for two years before I sold it. I could definitely feel the difference in throttle response. Without it, when I had my Evolve tune it would take the stock valve a little long to close. The Forge valve snaps shut FAST!

Systemlord 12-23-2013 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by countryboyshane (Post 3857743)
The FM207V is the one to get. Very reliable. I had it on my car for two years before I sold it. I could definitely feel the difference in throttle response. Without it, when I had my Evolve tune it would take the stock valve a little long to close. The Forge valve snaps shut FAST!

I'm a bit new to these turbocharged cars, when you say that the Forge valve snaps shut does this mean you're losing less boost in-between shifts? What about the (FMDVR56A) BOV that vents to atmosphere, what made you decide to not buy that one?

Ian Landesman 12-23-2013 12:38 PM

I have the adapter. When I get a tune I will upgrade to a forge recirc and use my adapter. That way if/when I tire of the BOV sound (love it ATM) I can easily detach it.

Sound vs. No sound.

AndresR 05-03-2019 04:43 PM