North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 Bavarian Autosport (Rear Protective Bumper Cover) install W/Pics. (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/255716-bavarian-autosport-rear-protective-bumper-cover-install-w-pics.html)

tigerhonaker 08-06-2013 09:09 PM

Bavarian Autosport (Rear Protective Bumper Cover) install W/Pics.

22 Attachment(s)
NAM Members,

I read about this cover on another thread.
Also there were other covers in that Thread.

The reason for this Thread is because it is specific to this one cover.

Also when doing my (Search) here on NAM I never actually found really in depth Pics. of the products and nothing on the installs.

So I decided this is a product that a great many Mini & MINI owners would certainly like to see what it is and what is the install.

Then what does it look like once all is completed.

http://www.bavauto.com/fland.asp?par..._source=RBP102

I have included the complete install pictures for you.

I think they are pretty clear so you can actually see what you will be buying and what takes place during the install.

And what it looks like once the install is completed.

Oh, I really like this cover it is a very nice piece for sure.

Below is my coverage of the cover & install.

SODA66 08-06-2013 11:39 PM

rear protector

Looks good, I have one from a different company for my Clubman, sure saves the bumper. Initially , I had the clear film installed and it worked fine but I like the black trim on the top.

nrfitchett4 08-06-2013 11:47 PM

looks good. Nice color Mini as well!

tigerhonaker 08-07-2013 05:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SODA66 (Post 3787560)
Looks good, I have one from a different company for my Clubman, sure saves the bumper. Initially , I had the clear film installed and it worked fine but I like the black trim on the top.

I think the covers honestly should be an {Option} from the Dealer. :nod:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 3787561)
looks good. Nice color Mini as well!

Thanks and below is a picture of the MCS.:thumbsup:

The BRG had a lot to do with the decision to purchase this one.

Attachment 155755

Attachment 155756

ljmattox 08-07-2013 06:12 AM

Looks great, and nice write-up!

phxsteele 08-07-2013 06:46 AM

Ive been looking for a product like this for awhile now. I knew it existed but couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks for the link, I just made my purchase. It kills me every time I open the boot and look at the scratches.

nrfitchett4 08-08-2013 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker (Post 3787630)
I think the covers honestly should be an {Option} from the Dealer. :nod:

Thanks and below is a picture of the MCS.:thumbsup:

The BRG had a lot to do with the decision to purchase this one.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...psd2285010.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps1cea7c1a.jpg

mine looks the same except it has white mirror caps and tuscan tan whatever interior. Thinking of checkerboarding the moon roof and mirror caps and I actually like the chrome accents.

tigerhonaker 08-08-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ljmattox (Post 3787648)
Looks great, and nice write-up!

I thought this important enough to do the Thread for others on NAM. :nod:

Originally Posted by phxsteele (Post 3787668)
Ive been looking for a product like this for awhile now. I knew it existed but couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks for the link, I just made my purchase. It kills me every time I open the boot and look at the scratches.

In my case I can relate to seeing those (Scrathes) everytime you are in the rear of the car.

This is a very-very nice piece and fits like it cam on the car.

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 3788190)
mine looks the same except it has white mirror caps and tuscan tan whatever interior. Thinking of checkerboarding the moon roof and mirror caps and I actually like the chrome accents.

I look forward to seeing your's as you make those changes. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking it will look Awesome !!!

Slave to Felines 08-08-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 3788190)
Thinking of checkerboarding the moon roof and mirror caps and I actually like the chrome accents.

Checkerboard over the chrome mirrors would be a nice touch, I think! It would be black-and-chrome rather than black-and-white, a difference that might be kind of subtle but might be pretty cool!

JR2012IBB 08-09-2013 04:35 AM

Thanks for the write up. I just ordered the part and installed it on my IBB Cooper. It is a quality piece and I am very happy with the coverage it provides. Looks like it 'belongs' there for sure.

I can recommend this part to anyone who wants to keep the top of the bumper looking nice and neat.

yetti96 08-09-2013 04:45 AM

Interesting, I feel like I have never seen this on a car yet. It's not something I would rush to get as I don't like the idea of it, but man does it look way better than I expected. If I had a car with a few scratches in that area or knew i was using the hatch to lad stuff in and out of my car a lot I would get one. Heck, if it gets all scratched up, you just replace it with a new one.

Nice set of pictures and install instructions. Even for something so simple, you could easily screw it up if you took all of the red off right away.

tigerhonaker 08-09-2013 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by JR2012IBB (Post 3788839)
Thanks for the write up. I just ordered the part and installed it on my IBB Cooper. It is a quality piece and I am very happy with the coverage it provides. Looks like it 'belongs' there for sure.

I can recommend this part to anyone who wants to keep the top of the bumper looking nice and neat.

I'm glad you like the part and I think others will also jump in and add it as time goes by. :nod:

Originally Posted by yetti96 (Post 3788847)
Interesting, I feel like I have never seen this on a car yet. It's not something I would rush to get as I don't like the idea of it, but man does it look way better than I expected. If I had a car with a few scratches in that area or knew i was using the hatch to lad stuff in and out of my car a lot I would get one. Heck, if it gets all scratched up, you just replace it with a new one.

Nice set of pictures and install instructions. Even for something so simple, you could easily screw it up if you took all of the red off right away.

Your right it would be easy to mess up the install.
If one did not thoroughly clean the Bumper area right.
Also as you say if you pulled all the Red Plastic Protective covers off the Sticky Tape it could go badly trying to line it up properly.

Trust me it looks like it came on the car not something added as an after thought.

You might wish to reconsider just as a preventive measure for someone else putting something in your car's hatch area.

igzekyativ 06-02-2014 08:59 AM

do they still sell this? can't find it on their website

tigerhonaker 06-02-2014 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by igzekyativ (Post 3941406)
do they still sell this? can't find it on their website

See Post #1 above.