Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain bentley manual on pdf

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 PM
kadaj
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bentley manual on pdf

Does anyone know if there is a pdf version of the bentley manual for r56 online?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 PM
DTH2CHRM
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Don't think so. I remember trying to find one a few months ago. The closest thing I found was ALLDATA (DIY). I used to use this when I rebuilt a CRX a few years ago.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:52 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Putting the Bentley manual on PDF would be very much frowned on, and you would probably get a nasty letter from a bunch of lawyers telling you to cease and desist..

It would be called (and is) copyright infringement, and theft of intellectual property.

Just buy the damn book.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 AM
ScorpionSkins.com
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by richardsperry
It would be called (and is) copyright infringement, and theft of intellectual property.
My previous car was a Toyota Matrix. Someone scanned the entire Toyota service department repair manual and wiring schematics guide for the car and made it available online. It was one of the best community resources available.

If the Bentley manual is an issue, perhaps someone should do the same for the R56 in regards to the official Mini repair documents. Knowledge must be free and widely available without a price attached to it!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
It's ILLEGAL, and BMW/MINI will litigate over it.

It's theft of property, proprietary information.

Bentley spend a lot of time and money to write the book, and you want to steal it?

Sorry, rant off...

Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 AM
countryboyshane
6th Gear
I bought mine. You bought a $26,000+ car. I don't think $80 is going to hurt you.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 AM
GFMINI
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why is everyone assuming the OP wants to "steal" the book? Having a mac, iPad and iPhone, I would rather just have a PDF version of the book if it was available then deal with a paper copy of the book. the OP never said he didn't want to buy a copy.

The following users liked this post:
Grand-Cayman (04-23-2020)
Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 AM
avuton
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GFMINI
Why is everyone assuming the OP wants to "steal" the book? Having a mac, iPad and iPhone, I would rather just have a PDF version of the book if it was available then deal with a paper copy of the book. the OP never said he didn't want to buy a copy.
Agree . First thing I looked for was an eBook. Last thing I want is another huge book to have to store around my apt. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would have paid full price for the eBook.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 PM
ScorpionSkins.com
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by richardsperry
It's ILLEGAL, and BMW/MINI will litigate over it.

It's theft of property, proprietary information.
BMW can go suck a lemon as far as I'm concerned.

They should be taking responsibility (if they ever do) for their failed tensioner design.

I have little intention to further support the company, and I certainly wouldn't care two apples should I happen to attain a copy of their official repair manual without their permission.

Anyhow, I don't mean to provoke. I know you're just stating the obvious. Carry on.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
DTH2CHRM
5th Gear
Yeah I agree. And while I certainly would love to have an electronic version in addition to the paper-book, this in no way puts me in the category of a thief. Perhaps Bentley should move along with the rest of our technologically advanced world.

And thank you richardsperry for our legal lesson of the day. Perhaps Bentley and BMW MINI will come after us next for copyright infringement.....theft of intellectual property. We pass along useful information every day to our fellow motorists in an attempt to help each other out.

Next time, a simple yes or no response will suffice....especially if it will keep you, or anyone else for that matter, from possibly offending someone (OP).

Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 PM
kadaj
3rd Gear
i guess the answer is no :P, i never said anything about downloading a free version, like a lot of peaople said, i just want an electronic version so i can use on my tablet without having to store it on my apt. Plus it would be cheaper to just sell elctronically since you dont have to pay for the printing price.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
05r50
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I gotta admit, when I first started reading this my mind immediately went to the conclusion that someone just wants something for nothing and doesn't care about others work product.

It's nice to see that the OP was not wanting something for nothing but rather just wanting to get the data in a different format. The problem with electronic formats is even if the OP pays for it, it wouldn't be hard to share it around with others. In hardcopy, you can only share it one at a time and at least the publisher has a chance to make some money.

In the end, I thought I would check Bentley Publishers site to see what they may be doing with digital publishing. While I didn't find a ebook to purchase, I did find this link, https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/display/tech/MINI, which has some good free content in it.

The following users liked this post:
Monk Edsel (10-18-2018)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Bleepmini
1st Gear
Did anyone ever run across a electronic copy of this? and YES I already own the Service Manual itself. I just want a copy for my laptop so I can avoid getting the pages too dirty. At $125 I try to protect the pages of it at all costs.. Thanks

Old 10-12-2017, 06:35 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
I was looking online to possibly get a manual, when I thought, hey I'd much rather have it in a digital form... sadly, from Bentley's website and this thread it doesn't look like it's the case.

I can understand these guys at Bentley publishing. As soon as they go digital, they'll get pirated. It's just a bummer thought because I'd much rather have a digital copy... they should look at online licensing. I know it's not full proof, but a lot of 3D modeling softwares are able to keep things pretty safe.
They'll have to switch eventually or they'll go down hill. I don't mind paper, but I do like the convenience of digital.

Anyway, I may just have to get the book... more stuff where I have no place for...

Old 10-15-2017, 08:00 PM
MrSurly
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There's not a pdf of the Bentley book.
There IS a 'pirated' electronic copy of the factory manual.
Before you get excited about that, know that it is HORRENDOUS. I don't mean the copy quality (yes, it's atrocious) but, no. The SOURCE for the "factory manual" is a laughable and horrid thing that reads like "Engrish", as in it looks like someone used Google Translate v0.001 to create it. Not only is the text unreadable, the basic order of operations is totally broken re: the R56 timing chain job.
Buy the Bentley, seriously.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:06 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
The following 5 users liked this post by rkw:
beachblanket (11-07-2017), bugeye1031 (10-20-2017), Dimitris Sofianopoulos (11-02-2017), Monk Edsel (10-18-2018), scotty_r56s (10-21-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 05:08 AM
beachblanket
1st Gear
https://www.newtis.info

Perfect thanks a lot!!

Old 11-09-2017, 06:04 AM
RYANR56
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by avuton
Agree . First thing I looked for was an eBook. Last thing I want is another huge book to have to store around my apt. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would have paid full price for the eBook.

=2. We live in a digital world. I wish forum members would read the original post rather than just talking out their a$$. I always look for a digital copy since my vision is bad and I can invert the colors to a black background with white writing.