R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The OFFICIAL Bayswater Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I know the MINI color code for kite blue metallic on our bayswater's is B48, does anyone know the color code for the individual stripe colors and if it is possible to convert those codes to hex rgb?

I have a project I'm working on and I would like the project to match my car as closely as possible, thanks

Old 03-02-2017, 11:42 AM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Phocine
So I know the MINI color code for kite blue metallic on our bayswater's is B48, does anyone know the color code for the individual stripe colors and if it is possible to convert those codes to hex rgb?

I have a project I'm working on and I would like the project to match my car as closely as possible, thanks
good luck as 50 shades of gray is an understatement, I had to replace my faux stripes and there was no way to match it so will end up replacing all the gray. The blue was an easy dead match but gray apparently can be made with many colors, my original faux gray had a hint of brown whereas my new gray does not.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:41 PM
cmb9400
Neutral
So... I made a flag mount (winter wheels still on)

Old 03-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
That is cool, got a close up of the mount?

Old 03-07-2017, 08:06 AM
cmb9400
Neutral
Originally Posted by Phocine
That is cool, got a close up of the mount?
Here's what I did:

I had a friend 3d model the insert for the tow hook. Got a 5' electrical conduit for a few bucks at home depot, along with some cotter pins to go on each side of the tow hook, and some o-rings so that I can get the tow hook to be level with the ground instead of at an angle. Drilled some holes, zip tied the flag on, and that's about it! So far I haven't gone past about 15mph with the mount, so I'm not sure how strong the plastic insert is yet, but if it fails I can always get it printed more solidly or in another material (right now I think it's at about a 25% fill)

Old 03-22-2017, 10:37 AM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Found this on eBay, just looks and feels cool being porcelain

Last edited by rckrzy1; 03-28-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:37 PM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
How is everyone's scuttles holding up? My keep peeling. I've had to replace them three times. Gonna suck when my warranty is up.
i had these made as I was not paying another $143 each.

Last edited by rckrzy1; 03-28-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:33 PM
JohnCooperS
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyone is interested, I'm selling mine (CooperS, manual, 46K mi, kiteblue):

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4322935

Old 12-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Peloton25
Neutral
After over two months of searching the country for a MINI suitable to replace my 2009 Cooper S, I've joined this Bayswater Owner's Club two weeks ago by purchasing a very well-optioned and very lightly used version that I found at a dealership in Iowa. I wasn't specifically looking for a Bayswater, but had fallen in love with them back in 2013 when I first saw one in the inventory of a local MINI dealer, so was very pleased to find it.

This one had just 11,111 miles on the odometer at the start of my initial test drive and feel I was very fortunate to pay ~53% of its original $29,750 MSRP.

I collected it on Saturday morning and drove it home to California over this past weekend, adding a quick 2,333 miles along the way. I snapped the very memorable image below (that far exceeds my typical photographic skill level) at the famous Claude Bell's Dinosaurs exhibit off of Interstate-10 in Cabazon, CA and figured a few here might enjoy the view as well.

Took this with my Nikon, using my suitcase as the 'tripod' and my iPhone flashlight to light-paint the car.

>8^)
ER

Old 06-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Still going...

80k miles, two new thermostats and last week a new computer (under warranty). I almost traded it in for a JCW when I picked it up, but didn’t want to part with it (still got the JCW)

Old 06-19-2019, 07:59 PM
myleshailey
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
‘13 Bayswater R56S. picked it up 02/2019 with 58K miles and i’m loving it so far! looking to black out the chrome side scuttle lining to match the rest of the trim very soon as i just got done repainting the wheels.

The following 3 users liked this post by myleshailey:
allenm324 (06-20-2019), ECSTuning (06-20-2019), Stu (06-20-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 PM
maccoder
3rd Gear
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
Hello fellow Bayswater owners!

Here is mine 2013 MCS R56 LCI manual.

I recently finished the CarPlay upgrade on it. Having so much fun driving this car!

Old 11-23-2019, 07:09 AM
Bayswater for sale
Neutral
Blue Bayswater for sale

2013 manual blue Bayswater with 72k for sale in Philadelphia if anyone is interested I can post all the pictures and details. Cheers.

Hate to sell, but need a larger vehicle...

Old 12-06-2020, 10:14 PM
GoHack
1st Gear
2013 MCS, Bayswater Edition, Kite Blue Metallic with Black Roof, No Sunroof, N18 Engine, 6 Spd M/T, w/55,500 miles.
Replaced all the Chrome Pieces w/Black ones.
M7 Speed Turbo Heat Shield
WMW Resonator Delete Pipe
John Cooper Works Performance Kit, including the Exhaust and Air Box, minus the software.

JCW Exhaust

Last edited by GoHack; 05-23-2021 at 05:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (12-10-2020)
Old 09-09-2021, 05:32 PM
Bill-SD
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not much traffic on this thread anymore.
I'm replacing my Bayswater hood stripes. Has anyone else done this? Any tips or suggestions? I almost got this old stripes off. Then I'll have to clean up any stripe residue. Putting the new stripes is where I'm a little nervous. Since the front piece was to go around the emblem and over the spoiler, I think I should start there instead of at the top of the hood so everything lines up. Wish me luck...

Old 09-11-2021, 12:06 AM
GoHack
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Bill-SD
Not much traffic on this thread anymore.
I'm replacing my Bayswater hood stripes. Has anyone else done this? Any tips or suggestions? I almost got this old stripes off. Then I'll have to clean up any stripe residue. Putting the new stripes is where I'm a little nervous. Since the front piece was to go around the emblem and over the spoiler, I think I should start there instead of at the top of the hood so everything lines up. Wish me luck...
One option might be to simply remove the emblem first. It should only be held on w/some double sided foam tape.
Then when putting it back on, simply get some replacement double sided thin foam tape, and cut to shape.

As for the hood strips, I would first measure the originals out first, as installed on the hood, but since you have already removed them, there must be a color difference where the strips once were. If not, I could measure my strips.

My hood stripes need replacing as well, especially since my MC comes from Arizona, and so are cooked on, to say the least.
What have you been using to remove your strips?

Old 09-11-2021, 08:50 AM
Bill-SD
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GoHack
One option might be to simply remove the emblem first. It should only be held on w/some double sided foam tape.
Then when putting it back on, simply get some replacement double sided thin foam tape, and cut to shape.

As for the hood strips, I would first measure the originals out first, as installed on the hood, but since you have already removed them, there must be a color difference where the strips once were. If not, I could measure my strips.

My hood stripes need replacing as well, especially since my MC comes from Arizona, and so are cooked on, to say the least.
What have you been using to remove your strips?
I actually bought a new emblem also. The old one is fading and figured I should replace it also.

The new stripes are in 2 sections, with the bottom section having a cutout for the emblem. That why I think it's best to put that section on first, and then line the upper stripe piece up with that. If I start at the top, even being a little bit off would be noticeable. At least that's my thought process I just have to make sure I get them on straight.

My stripes were pretty baked on also. I bought a 3m eraser wheel and a plastic razor blade. I started by spraying the stripes with Citrol and then used a hairdryer to heat them up. The colored parts of the stripes came off fairly easily doing this. Interestingly the colored pieces came off like that but not the part of the stripe that borders each colored piece. That left me with a grid around where the colors were. That took more effort but came off with the Citrol and razor blade. I didn't out the 3M wheel. That was around $30 so I figured since it was working without it I would just return it. I have polished the hood and I still see the ghost stripe grid. That's not that big of a deal since I'm going to cover it up, and it may help line up the new stripes. The car is in my garage and I'm kind of taking my time with this. I want to round up a helper before putting the new stripes on. I'll share some pictures once the project is complete.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:28 AM
GoHack
1st Gear
Good Luck!

Old 09-13-2021, 07:00 AM
maccoder
3rd Gear
Best of luck with the project!
Very interested to see how it plays out. Please post the pics!

Old 09-18-2021, 02:45 PM
Bill-SD
1st Gear

Done! I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. There is one tiny crease in one of the front pieces that will hopefully come out in the sun, but if you weren't looking for it you probably wouldn't notice. It looks a thousand times better than it did before. What do you guys think?
I've seen people just remove their stripes for good, but I think it looks better with them one. Especially on these cars. They are very unique and you just don't see many on the road anymore.

The following users liked this post:
maccoder (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 03:30 PM
maccoder
3rd Gear
This looks fantastic! You did a great job.
Agree on the stripes - I love them on MINIs!

Old 09-19-2021, 01:02 PM
Bill-SD
1st Gear
Originally Posted by maccoder
This looks fantastic! You did a great job.
Agree on the stripes - I love them on MINIs!
Thanks!

Old 10-03-2021, 09:35 AM
Bikeboy2018
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Just in case....I'm looking for a Blue Bayswater, great condition and an automatic so my wife can drive it. In the Atlanta area.

Thanks!

Old 12-13-2021, 01:47 PM
andrewgrhogg
Neutral
Where did you buy those stripes

Originally Posted by Bill-SD
I actually bought a new emblem also. The old one is fading and figured I should replace it also.

The new stripes are in 2 sections, with the bottom section having a cutout for the emblem. That why I think it's best to put that section on first, and then line the upper stripe piece up with that. If I start at the top, even being a little bit off would be noticeable. At least that's my thought process I just have to make sure I get them on straight.

My stripes were pretty baked on also. I bought a 3m eraser wheel and a plastic razor blade. I started by spraying the stripes with Citrol and then used a hairdryer to heat them up. The colored parts of the stripes came off fairly easily doing this. Interestingly the colored pieces came off like that but not the part of the stripe that borders each colored piece. That left me with a grid around where the colors were. That took more effort but came off with the Citrol and razor blade. I didn't out the 3M wheel. That was around $30 so I figured since it was working without it I would just return it. I have polished the hood and I still see the ghost stripe grid. That's not that big of a deal since I'm going to cover it up, and it may help line up the new stripes. The car is in my garage and I'm kind of taking my time with this. I want to round up a helper before putting the new stripes on. I'll share some pictures once the project is complete.
I just bought a 2013 Bayswater in Kite Blue and my stripes are pretty faded. Where did you buy the replacement stripes?

Old 12-13-2021, 01:58 PM
Bill-SD
1st Gear
Originally Posted by andrewgrhogg
I just bought a 2013 Bayswater in Kite Blue and my stripes are pretty faded. Where did you buy the replacement stripes?
They come as 2 different parts, the short piece by the scoop/grill, and the longer piece on the windshield side. I didn't realize that and a couple years ago I bought the smaller section from a dealer online. I recently saw someone selling the larger section (new) on Ebay so I bought that. Buying both from the dealer would be a little pricey. Another option I saw on Ebay are the stripes all in one piece, and you have to cut around the scoop and emblem. That's a more economical option, if you are comfortable trimming.

Good luck and post pics if you tackle the project!

Quick Reply: R56 The OFFICIAL Bayswater Owners Club