North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 Anyone have window droop? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/222031-anyone-have-window-droop.html)

Milliron Spear 12-18-2011 07:13 PM

Anyone have window droop?

I have a 2010 S and after I turn off power & open the door the window drops about an inch. Any advice on what is causing the problem? The dealer is going to hear about it tomorrow!:mad:

danigurrl 12-18-2011 07:16 PM

Does it go back up once you close the door?

dannyhavok 12-18-2011 07:45 PM

It's supposed to do that, so the window will clear the door/seal. If it goes back up when you shut it, there's nothing wrong.

Milliron Spear 12-18-2011 07:47 PM

That's the problem, it doesn't and will drop another inch or so, I think there is a problem with the power mechanism. Thanks for the thought.

cereal 12-18-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Milliron Spear (Post 3418575)
That's the problem, it doesn't and will drop another inch or so, I think there is a problem with the power mechanism. Thanks for the thought.

So if you keep opening and closing the door does the window keep going down a little bit more each time?!

danigurrl 12-19-2011 02:11 AM

Just go to the dealership and get your window reprogrammed. It's covered under warranty. It's an easy fix, just some glitch in the door. My window on my 2009 stopped dipping down, so it wasn't clearing the door seal, but getting caught on it. After the dealer reprogrammed it, it never had the problem again.

d@g 12-19-2011 03:01 AM

Yeah, there's a TSB on this. Some have suggested a home-voodoo remedy of closing the window then holding the button in the up position for 8 seconds or opening the window fully and holding the button down for an additional 8 seconds. None of those worked for me. I mentioned it to the service writer at the dealer and he knew right away what the problem was. The car was recoded with an update and has been fine since.

schatzy62 12-19-2011 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by d@g (Post 3418668)
Some have suggested a home-voodoo remedy of closing the window then holding the button in the up position for 8 seconds or opening the window fully and holding the button down for an additional 8 seconds.

Although it may not have worked for you IT IS AN OFFICIAL MINI PROCEDURE.

It is NOT some home-voodoo remedy Please stop with the misconceptions.

And BTW this Procedure has worked for me many times and for many others as well. But it does not work on all of them. It depends on how far off the Hall Sensor errors are.

d@g 12-19-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by schatzy62 (Post 3418690)
It is NOT some home-voodoo remedy Please stop with the misconceptions.

Sorry you took that so personally. :roll: When I had the problem, it didn't work for me and I found five posts saying it didn't work for every one that claimed it did.

BMW is known for "voodoo" ways to configure things, going back to the days when much of the car was computerized but there was no interface for the owner to deal with. Program different keys on the X5? Insert the key, turn the ignition on (without starting), then off, then repeat three times. :impatient: Hit the M and power button the radio and hold. The engineers who design those configuration methods probably bust a gut picturing the hapless owners going through all their gyrations. I half expect one of these fixes to read "stand on one foot and spin 'round counter-clockwise 5 times.":lol:

mikeyb74 12-19-2011 12:37 PM

It's a carry over feature from BMW.

On my last two BMW coupes it ended up being defective microswitches not programmning that was my problem.

Milliron Spear 12-19-2011 06:52 PM

Exactly what I wanted to hear was what experience was out there with this issue, I'm set with the dealer to check it out in a week or so, will report back what the fix is.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

mikeyb74 12-19-2011 07:14 PM

It's kind of odd because I have a co-worker with a 2012 Justa that is having issues with the windows. She has only owned if for two months.