R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 01:01 PM
nmwolfe
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warning lights

Help.....took my 2010 Mini s with 105K mile one owner (me) to dealer for tire rotation and oil change. Work done and video telling me everything looks good. They brought my car around, I got in started the engine and got a warning light (car on lift) then I tried to open the window and got a warning light (window X) or something like that. I went back into the service center and got my rep. He got in started the engine and the windows worked. I said but what about the warning light for service? He said keep an eye on it??!!!@@# I got in and started home and the first thing I noticed was half power. Then the warning light came on this time the (engine). So I turned around and went back to the dealer. Told him what was going on half power etc... He took it for a test run then went straight into the shop. Then he showed me the (key download?) on a sheet of paper. It showed a bunch of info and miss information. I asked him why he didn't have the report when I first got there, he said they always run a scan/report when a car first arrives. Interesting! They gave me a loaner and said will call when they know what the problem is. I know my car very well. I drove it to the dealer and it didn't have any idiot lights on or any miss. I've put 105,400 miles on this car and it's been great until the pandemic hit then I had an oil pan leak (not a drop of oil where I park my car in a garage everyday for 3 years) and a waterpump leak. Some other leak.......$2,300 worth. Anybody have any ideas?

Old 01-09-2021, 08:42 AM
takrdown
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't have much to add of value, but it definitely sounds fishy to me. You went in there with no problems and then came out with problems...I agree it sounds like the dealership introduced a problem. Oil leaks at that mileage are believable, but a loss of power like that? Not so much.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 515 Likes on 402 Posts
I just did an oil change, not hard to do at all, and not the first one I have done. Coolant reservoir just need to be moved to get to the oil filter, other than that it’s all pretty straight forward. As for you oil leak, mine will drip a couple drops if I don’t drive her, so I try to drive her 3 to 4 times a week for about 20 miles each time, seems to keep her happy. As for the dealership, that Sounds fishy to me.