North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 New here! Just bought wifey a 2010 Mini! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/178978-new-here-just-bought-wifey-a-2010-mini.html)

randomquickness 11-26-2009 02:51 PM

New here! Just bought wifey a 2010 Mini!

3 Attachment(s)
Hey all, I've been lurking here for a long time as I've been searching for the perfect used mini to buy my wife for Christmas. Well it turns out the Dealership in San Antonio offered me 2.9% on a 2010 so I bit the bullet. The specs are as follows:

Chili Red
white roof/mirrors/bonnet stripes
arm rest
sport seats
bluetooth/ipod adapter

I have been active on 1addicts.com as I have a BMW 135 that is...I guess you could say "slightly modded". I'm surprising my wife on Monday and taking her to pick the mini up at the dealership with a big red bow on it! Here are a few pics of my car just in case you're curious! (around 450 rwhp)

Tron Chief 11-26-2009 02:55 PM

Congrats on getting your wife a car that is a lot of fun :thumbsup:

Tater Tot 11-26-2009 03:01 PM

Congrats, I am from S.A., must be the dealer on 281, enjoy it, cause we know you really bought it for yourself. Have Fun!!!

randomquickness 11-26-2009 03:04 PM

haha, thanks. I def didn't buy it for myself or I would have gotten an S. My toy pictured above is plenty of fun :thumbsup:

Tallman 11-26-2009 03:31 PM

Surprise for wife

So she is completely "in the dark" about this car purchase? Or have you both been looking, and you have an idea of what she wants?

If she doesn't like it, will the dealer talk trade?
What if she prefers Laser Blue - (the most fantastic color this side of the mountain? :lol: )
I'm picking mine up on Saturday. Don't forget your camera. And check the oil level, lights, ect.....

Happy motoring!

randomquickness 11-26-2009 03:35 PM

lol...believe me, she has made it very clear that the only car she wants is a chile red mini with a white roof...I've just kept telling her we can't afford one because of the economy :wink:

drewstermalloy 11-26-2009 04:30 PM

I really want that 135!

tfuhst 11-26-2009 04:42 PM

Congrats, hope to see that new mini running around sa!

randomquickness 11-26-2009 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by drewstermalloy (Post 2924880)
I really want that 135!

lol thanks but my baby isn't for sale...she has turbo upgrades in her near future :wink:

willsblackmini08 11-26-2009 06:55 PM

Damn thats one bad@ss 1-series. I would have gotten that over the MINI it was just a few bucks more a month than I wanted to pay right now, but I'm really happy I went with the MINI over the 1-series. Coongrats on the new MINI and start modding it right away!!!!!:thumbsup:

randomquickness 11-26-2009 06:57 PM

no modding the mini. my only plan is to get some lightweight 17's in white to match the other white parts of the car. The 15" spooler wheels are fugly!

BensMini 11-26-2009 11:17 PM

I think the new MINI should buy you some points with the wife:thumbsup:
Congratulations to HER:nod:

BensMini 11-26-2009 11:20 PM

I think the new MINI should get you some worthwhile points with the wife.
Congratulations to HER:)

GP0256 11-27-2009 04:01 AM

Very tasteful 1 series! The MINI must feel slow compared to it! But I wonder who would win in a slalom test..............hmmmmmmmmm..........>Welcoms to the MINI world and the CHILI Red Club. (I have one too and I love the color)

Tallman 11-27-2009 04:32 AM

17" Whites

" my only plan is to get some lightweight 17's in white to match the other white parts of the car. The 15" spooler wheels are fugly!"

I would have been in contact with you. My original order was for 17" white crown spokes - similar reasons, to tie in the white roof. But I was having second thoughts about my energy for keeping them immaculate. So, I was thinking of listing them here for trade/purchase. Then my MINI showed up with silver crowns. My MA was about to rush-delivery some whites, when I said: leave it as is. I'll still keep them clean - just not immaculate.

Shoot, you and I could've been working a deal. Oh well. The short end: Keep an eye open on this sight - you might get lucky!

Tron Chief 11-27-2009 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by randomquickness (Post 2924930)
no modding the mini. my only plan is to get some lightweight 17's in white to match the other white parts of the car. The 15" spooler wheels are fugly!

You might want to have the brake pads changed if your going to white wheels. If not you will be cleaning them daily as Mini's tend to shed the brake dust a lot :eek:

randomquickness 11-27-2009 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by JDUR56 (Post 2925009)
Very tasteful 1 series! The MINI must feel slow compared to it! But I wonder who would win in a slalom test..............hmmmmmmmmm..........>Welcoms to the MINI world and the CHILI Red Club. (I have one too and I love the color)

thanks! I believe my car would hold its own in the slalom but I could be wrong. I've always heard praises of the minis handling.

randomquickness 11-27-2009 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tron Chief (Post 2925023)
You might want to have the brake pads changed if your going to white wheels. If not you will be cleaning them daily as Mini's tend to shed the brake dust a lot :eek:

as much as a BMW??? I should have guessed...

onetigerlsu 11-27-2009 07:12 AM

Cograts on your Wife's car:grin: . Got to show some pic's now .

You might even take it out for a sin every now and then hold on it drives like a go-kart :grin: .

randomquickness 11-27-2009 07:22 AM

pics coming on monday! I'll try and get one at the dealership with the bow on it. I told the dealership to write "merry christmas leah" on the windshield so it should be fun.

awildacaberto 11-28-2009 08:26 PM

my hubby surprised me with my mini in Sept...i have been wanting my mini back since I gave up my first one which was 3 years ago....i went back and forth in colors until i landed on the Mellow Yellow with black top and black rims...my hubby and i would always visit the mini dealers on Sundays when they were closed and i would sometimes find them open and i would sit in them. One day i saw the perfect one...2 weeks later i found out the Mellow Yellows will be discontinued starting 2010...i told my hubby that when the time comes (we were saving for it) that i would be OK with a used one caused i wanted Mellow Yellow and i would be OK.....any how the story goes that he went and purchased the perfect one i sat in (without me knowing) on a Wed...on Sat he took me to lunch but stopped by the MINI dealer and of course i said lets test drive one...as we test drove the Mellow Yellow MINI with black rims and black top... while in the mini he asked what was those papers on the pocket of the door...when i opened it i saw our last name...and could not believe that he had bought me my Perfect Mellow Yellow Mini.....I cried all the way back to the mini dealer....my hubby the romantic...i will never for get it... I love him a MINI MORE :)

awildacaberto 11-28-2009 08:31 PM

:)

Porthos 11-29-2009 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JDUR56 (Post 2925009)

Not the 135i but close enough.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/81566/edmu...ble-track-test

And how does the 135i drive I wanted one but the BMW Sales guys were pricks cause I was not in a suit and tie when I walked in there so they assumed I could not afford one.

randomquickness 11-30-2009 05:01 AM

^ I love the 1er. It was fun when I bought it and just downright crazy after modding it.

On our way to see Mark and pick up the mini now! She still has no idea :wink:

randomquickness 11-30-2009 05:01 PM

Today was the day! only a few pics but needless to say, she has been grinning from ear to ear since we pulled into the dealership!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6519628_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...0_681964_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2812916_n.jpg