North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 rear ended! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/163167-rear-ended.html)

pine1 02-08-2009 08:29 AM

rear ended!

:mad: Stoped at a traffic light, Sun Out, Minus 28 Centigrade outside, SUV driver behind me blinded by sun, WHAM! SUV 1 MINI 0! By Chance Only Bumper seems to have cracked all the way across...
Probably if weather would have been warmer ,Bumper may Not have cracked??? In to Dealership this week for repairs :no:
:wink: Good thing , Nobody hurt except Mini!

Perihelion 02-08-2009 08:50 AM

That sucks. Glad you're ok though. Sounds like another MINI took one to protect their owner.

BlackSapphire 02-08-2009 09:58 AM

Pics? Glad you're OK.

H2o racer 02-08-2009 10:03 AM

I feel your pain, well sort of.
I let my girlfriend borrow my mini the other day to go help her mother move. While washing the car yesterday I found a ( Hex Bolt ) shaped hole in the rear bumper:eek2: , when I asked her about it, she said she has no idea how or when it may have happened.
I do think she was more upset about it than I was/am. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I may just live with it for a while.

I hope you get your's sorted out quickly and as pain free as possible.

wolf617 02-08-2009 01:45 PM

Welcome to the club.:mad:

Last spring, I was also rear-ended. Mazda Protege driver got me while I was waiting to make a left turn. Bumper cover and other trim pieces needed replacement (had a Mazda emblem imprinted in bumper:o ). I believe the Protege was totaled.

minihune 02-08-2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by H2o racer (Post 2659859)
I feel your pain, well sort of.
I let my girlfriend borrow my mini the other day to go help her mother move. While washing the car yesterday I found a ( Hex Bolt ) shaped hole in the rear bumper:eek2: , when I asked her about it, she said she has no idea how or when it may have happened.
I do think she was more upset about it than I was/am. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I may just live with it for a while.

I hope you get your's sorted out quickly and as pain free as possible.

The hex bolt mark is where either your MINI parked or someone else parked too closely to you or actually made contact and left a mark. If only the hex mark and no other wrinkles or marks then it was parked too close.

Pine1,

Sorry to hear about your accident. My 03 MCS was rear ended by an Audi convertable sedan in heavy traffic. A little smashed on the plastic by the Audi's front license plate holder but not too bad.

Estimate on the repair for me about $900+ for parts labor and painting.

H2o racer 02-08-2009 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by minihune (Post 2660062)
The hex bolt mark is where either your MINI parked or someone else parked too closely to you or actually made contact and left a mark. If only the hex mark and no other wrinkles or marks then it was parked too close

Agreed, I asked her about that, and I just got the "palms turned up and sholder shrug from her".
It's ok though, I removed a good portion off the front bumper of her old Nissan Maxima a few years back. OOOP's:lol:

One good thing is, it may be a while befor she asks to borrow my mini again.:wink: