North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007-136/)
-   -   R56 Seat Covers (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r56-hatch-talk-2007/133458-seat-covers.html)

GregO 03-23-2008 08:31 AM

Seat Covers

Likely picking up my new 08 Mellow Yellow MC this week. I've got the standard seats and would like to install seat covers. I think I'd like something cloth-like, but am open to any good recommendations for material and suppliers. The car does have heated seats :nod: if that matters. Thanks!
Greg

tigwantstoplay 03-23-2008 08:42 AM

There is only one when it comes to color, quality, fit, and craftsmanship. Don't let the price deter you...you most definitely get what you pay for. :nod:

Wet Okole :thumbsup:

http://www.wetokole.com/mm5/merchant...FREcagodx1KhRg

chili s 03-24-2008 06:57 AM

Got mine. Lovin' it.

07chilired 03-24-2008 07:06 AM

+1 for wet okole!!!:thumbsup:

FP 03-24-2008 07:08 AM

What materials do they use? I was just on their website and didn't we where they describe their products. Are they seat covers that go over the current seats, or are they replacements?

FP 03-24-2008 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by 07chilired (Post 2115032)
+1 for wet okole!!!:thumbsup:

Do you have pics of your seats with Okole?

07chilired 03-24-2008 07:34 AM

I don't have them in my MINI....yet....I had them on my miata and I LOVED them! They are made out of neoprene. I know of several people on NAM that have them on MINI's. The covers go over your seats, and they still work with the airbags in the seats. For the money, they are well worth it, I just don't have the money yet to have them on my MINI :lol: :nod:

FP 03-24-2008 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by 07chilired (Post 2115092)
I don't have them in my MINI....yet....I had them on my miata and I LOVED them! They are made out of neoprene. I know of several people on NAM that have them on MINI's. The covers go over your seats, and they still work with the airbags in the seats. For the money, they are well worth it, I just don't have the money yet to have them on my MINI :lol: :nod:

OK dumb question as I'm not familiar with neoprene. Is it fabric like material or leather like?

SDMike 03-24-2008 08:10 AM

If you've ever been in a wetsuit...it's that material.

Cool in the summer. Warm in the winter. Is easily washed. Doesn't fade. Doesn't stretch out of shape.

07chilired 03-24-2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by SDMike (Post 2115148)
If you've ever been in a wetsuit...it's that material.

Cool in the summer. Warm in the winter. Is easily washed. Doesn't fade. Doesn't stretch out of shape.

Exactly:nod: They added a bit of cushion to the miata's seat as well, however I'm not sure if they will do the same with the MINI's. They are very nice though, and if you ask, the company will send you color swatches so you can match the colors to your car, and you can even get the MINI logo on the headrest.

FP 03-24-2008 01:37 PM

Does it go over the seats, or do you have to remove the current upholstery?

NashvilleMiniStan 03-24-2008 01:48 PM

Your luck day. Just posted new seat covers in the market place.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=133613

ScottinBend 03-24-2008 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by FPM (Post 2116072)
Does it go over the seats, or do you have to remove the current upholstery?

They go over the seats.

chili s 03-24-2008 05:23 PM

got'em on my R56. Lasted well on my previous R53 although they did fade a bit after 3 years. Didn't do the recommended washing, tho. Love them. They do give the car some more cush in the tush and keep you in the seat in corners due to they coefficient of friction. Had the logo on my last set but they didn't have it availiable on this set. BMW/MINI may have complained of logo pilfering or something.

Don't have pictures yet.:roll: Sorry.

gaminis 05-22-2008 07:22 PM

Wet Okoles

Has anybody here bought the neoprene seat covers from Moss? I'm just wondering if the Wet Okoles are worth the extra cost.
Thanks,
gaminis

MiniBella 05-23-2008 09:47 AM

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Just ordered some Swatches. Want to see how well their wine color goes with Nightfire Red. Thinking of getting the Type 3 covers with black/wine or black/charcoal.
Either matching the paint color or the anthracite headliner depending on how their colors look.

Has anyone ordered their Lumbar Support? Would like to get opinions on how comfy it is.

TheBigNewt 05-23-2008 11:38 AM

They look good, but do they have anything in leopardskin, I mean 'cmon, that's the cool pattern this year. I think Paris Hilton's Merc is sporting some!

misslindsey 05-23-2008 12:20 PM

Anything out there for people who don't like sitting on a wetsuit?

drno 05-23-2008 12:35 PM

i have the coverking (thats what moss motors sells) and the advantage they have over the wet okole is they make covers to fit the sport seats unlike okole which only have a single pattern. they also go on real easy. wet okole has to their advantage a great selection in colors and piping option

tony1athome 05-23-2008 12:38 PM

+1 for the wet okoles

MiniBella 05-23-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigNewt (Post 2251570)
They look good, but do they have anything in leopardskin, I mean 'cmon, that's the cool pattern this year. I think Paris Hilton's Merc is sporting some!

Bet they'd go great with your SS Newt! :wink: :lol:

ScottinBend 05-23-2008 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by misslindsey (Post 2251653)
Anything out there for people who don't like sitting on a wetsuit?

Have you tried the Okoles?

Very comfy seat. If you really don't want these go for a good set of lambskin covers. They will far outlast and be a better cover than any fabric covers available.

ScottinBend 05-23-2008 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by drno (Post 2251683)
i have the coverking (thats what moss motors sells) and the advantage they have over the wet okole is they make covers to fit the sport seats unlike okole which only have a single pattern. they also go on real easy. wet okole has to their advantage a great selection in colors and piping option

They fit my Sports seats just fine.

tigwantstoplay 05-23-2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ScottinBend (Post 2252263)
They fit my Sports seats just fine.

Mine too...I wonder where the idea came from the wet okole only has one pattern. :confused: :sly:

That's not true...which is precisely why they require so much detailed information about the car (MINI) they are being made for...they are going to ask you about model, style, seat configuration, air bags, etc.

drno 05-24-2008 08:17 AM

when you go to their web site to order they only ask the year not whether you have sport seats or not--perhaps if you call the selection is greater but their web site doesn't. i stand corrected if this is a fact. i also read in another thread on this site that the cover was not seat type specific but fit