R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Need to have CAS/DME synced

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Wingfoot
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to have CAS/DME synced

Okay, so it's been quite a while since I've posted. I bought a 2009 Mini Clubman S, it didn't run . Thought it was the fuel pump, turned out to be fine and after a crap ton of TLC and general maintenance had it running pretty smooth. Annnd then the head gasket blew.. Well crap. I realized what happened before any damage had been done and preceded to tear down the motor to replace the head gasket. Got inside the motor and the best I can tell is from factory it had casting defects. I'm outside of the warranty and Mini isn't any help. Fast forward to over a year later, I have everything back together and I'm ready to start it. Hit the start button.. No start. I knew it's not going to start right away after a full engine rebuild but no. It's not starting at all. It turns over, has compression, fuel, just no spark. After thorough diagnosing I believe the CAS and DME systems need to be synced as it was without power for about a year . Having dug through way too many forums and hundreds of threads (not exaggerating here) I believe it is possible to sync these without having expenses to take it to a dealer using one of the following DIS, INPA, ISTA-P, WinKFP. It would be absolutely appreciated if anyone has gone through this and has any advice and or instruction. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-27-2019, 09:31 PM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
None of these SW can do synchronization between the CAS and DME. I would say check your grounds specially the green wire on the valve cover.

Also for sanity check, take the DME connectors and inspect the pins for bends. Finally, check the crankshaft position sensor.

Lastly lastly lol, it is good actually recommended to ISTAD. It will make your easy diagnosing faults.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:24 AM
A383Wing
6th Gear
Received 246 Likes on 202 Posts
I had to have my EWS re-synced in my '06 to get it to start.....had it done by RPM Motorsports......you might want to cal them and discuss your issues with them about it. They were fast and friendly to me

Bryan