R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 New 2009 clubman owner saying hello!

Old 11-01-2018, 10:42 AM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
New 2009 clubman owner saying hello!

Just dropping in to say hi to all the fellow first gen clubman owners. First time mini owner but haven't taken possession of the car yet. A Chrysler dealership that has it is doing some work before I buy it. I've spent countless hours reading about the n14 engine so I'm going in with eyes wide open. I currently own a 1977 mercury colony park wagon and a 1964 Cadillac deVille both near mint. I'm looking forward to working on this cool little car, as it's a hobby for me. I have pretty much most tools known to mankind so repairs are not a problem. The car is in great overall shape with about 115,000 miles on it. The dealer is in the process of putting in a new clutch, brakes, timing chain and windshield. It also has new Yokohama 17 inch run flats and a set if winter tires and rims. They didn't have all the maintenance records and I think they wanted it gone LOL so they are doing whatever I ask. The first things I'm doing are a walnut cleaning, twin oil catch cans and vacuum pump delete of my own making. After that lowering coilovers, sway bars, roof basket and roof rally lights, four front rally lights, trailer hitch and hitch mounted spare along with some decals to round things up. Looking forward to being a member here, learning and hopefully adding to the collective knowledge base.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:01 AM
grunte
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by I like mini clubman's
Just dropping in to say hi to all the fellow first gen clubman owners. First time mini owner but haven't taken possession of the car yet. A Chrysler dealership that has it is doing some work before I buy it. I've spent countless hours reading about the n14 engine so I'm going in with eyes wide open. I currently own a 1977 mercury colony park wagon and a 1964 Cadillac deVille both near mint. I'm looking forward to working on this cool little car, as it's a hobby for me. I have pretty much most tools known to mankind so repairs are not a problem. The car is in great overall shape with about 115,000 miles on it. The dealer is in the process of putting in a new clutch, brakes, timing chain and windshield. It also has new Yokohama 17 inch run flats and a set if winter tires and rims. They didn't have all the maintenance records and I think they wanted it gone LOL so they are doing whatever I ask. The first things I'm doing are a walnut cleaning, twin oil catch cans and vacuum pump delete of my own making. After that lowering coilovers, sway bars, roof basket and roof rally lights, four front rally lights, trailer hitch and hitch mounted spare along with some decals to round things up. Looking forward to being a member here, learning and hopefully adding to the collective knowledge base.
Welcome. Sounds like a fun project.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:49 PM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by I like mini clubman's
Welcome! I agree, looks like fun. My Dad had a white '66 Coupe deVille....was a great car!

Old 11-12-2018, 05:27 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Congrats and Welcome. I'm on my second Clubman and have loved them both. Hope we can help when your ready for parts.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 11-12-2018, 05:32 PM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
Waymotorworks

Way, I sent you a PM. For some reason I cant access your website? I've tried getting there from links on NAM and from Google, what's up with that? I have a Samsung phone and tablet same issue with both. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 11-12-2018, 05:36 PM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
The following users liked this post:
cargusjoh (11-13-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 05:40 PM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
Here is the new clubby!

Old 11-16-2018, 01:15 AM
Bozydeco
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the colors on your Clubman. Enjoy!

Old 11-20-2018, 09:51 AM
grunte
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice car, congrats.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:32 PM
I like mini clubman's
4th Gear
I've had the car for a couple days and put the insurance on today. Went for a spin after clearing a cel for the failed intake pcv system. Note to self, don't open oil filler cap while engine is running, or at least until I put my fix on this silly system once and for all.
boy what fun it is once it hits that 3000 rpm range. I have the big lumbering Cadillac and mercury wagon to compare it to and guess what? THERE'S NO COMPARISON !!! What fun in a car that fits like a glove. I'm going to the mini dearship tomorrow to have two small rust blisters forming on the boot door corner seams looked at. 12 year rust perforation warranty, but But BUT, it is supposed to have YEARLY paint and body inspections. Really.... it's a used car how am I supposed to prove that? Wish me luck guys and gals, I'll keep ya posted.😎

Old 12-24-2018, 01:32 PM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
Like that color combination - If those are Pace wheels, I've never seen them in black. Nice.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:46 PM
guspi76
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the club! Enjoy it. I have the same color combo and have owned it for about 4 yrs. This forum is a great source of information to get bugs worked out. Again, Enjoy!