R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Electric cooling fan Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 07:36 AM
minnella
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric cooling fan Control

I had noticed that my cooling fan quit running for a period of time after I shut down the engine. The weather has cooled off here in Tucson but I was still concerned. Last visit to the dealer they had shorted out the oil sensor by dumping oil all over it and I found they had cracked my coolant tank. Being concerned I did the fan test at the connector and the fan ran on both hot terminals. I also recently purchased the Foxwell Schwaben BMW diagnostic box and did live tests on the fan...no issues fan runs. I do see a couple empty fuse slots and an open relay slot in the engine compartment fuse box.
I have a 2010 Clubman S. Can anyone tell me where to look next and which fuses should be installed in the Fuse box? I am really going to be pissed if the dealer pulled fuses to get more work....I already think they broke the fitting on the PCV at the valve cover to generate a work ticket that cost me $900. Has anyone tried a catch can and external PCV to remedy this little isuue??

Old 03-22-2018, 07:47 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
In lieu of the fuses and relays, I think you should go back to the dealer and raise hell. This behavior has to stop!

check their diagnostic sheet and receipt. sometimes they mention vehicle condition coming in and if the coolant tank was broken, they would definitely mention it in the report.

as for the relays, they all should be filled in the fuse box next to the engine. there is a diagram on the back of the cover to notate the function of each fuse and relay. check those out and fill them in. they probably "forgot" to put them back.