Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Creaking brake system when moving the brake pedal.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 04:45 AM
plasticmorph
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creaking brake system when moving the brake pedal.

Hi, I've had something of a nightmare with my brakes recently. Long story short, I used a pressure bleeder and went round in the correct sequence and bled them. Some air came off the rears which was surprising as mini changed the fluid not two weeks ago!!

Since bleeding them, the brake pedal is much firmer, but also VERY creaky all of a sudden. See the vid...

Today I had someone pump the pedal with my head in the bonnet near the reservoir and it sounds like it's coming from the master cylinder or the black disc shaped thing (booster?). I just can't understand why bleeding the brakes would have made it so noisy! I'm worried that firming up the brakes might have increased pressure on other components and knackered something. I might have expected it if I'd done the 'two man method' because of all the pumping but can't get my head round this.

Any ideas as to what would be causing it to creak after bleeding the system?? Alternatively can anyone put my mind at rest by confirming that its not uncommon when the pedal is so firm for it to be a bit noisy?

Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 PM
plasticmorph
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on this?