R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Operating(driving) car without key fob

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:56 PM
bassix67
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Operating(driving) car without key fob

Hi, newbie here! I have a 2011 club S and last night I noticed after turning of my car for over an hour my transmission indicator and start button was still lit. I press the start button without the key and it started.
I woke up this morning and they were still lit and the car started I put it into drive and drove off without the key . I know it has the convience option and have used it before but this seems like something different. I will disconnect the battery to see if I resets. Any info or experience will be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-15-2017, 07:52 PM
gjxj
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I've discovered on my 2010 mcs you can deliberately (or perhaps accidentally?) put it into this mode. If you shut it down, remove the key, and while keeping your foot on the brake (and clutch) push "start" it fires back up keyless. After having done this it will stay "on" (dash lit up) when you shut it down. You need to push the button a second time to actually turn it off. Really weird and I puzzle over whether this serves some purpose, or is a bug in the system logic..

Last edited by gjxj; 06-15-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:02 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bassix67
Hi, newbie here! I have a 2011 club S and last night I noticed after turning of my car for over an hour my transmission indicator and start button was still lit. I press the start button without the key and it started.
I woke up this morning and they were still lit and the car started I put it into drive and drove off without the key . I know it has the convience option and have used it before but this seems like something different. I will disconnect the battery to see if I resets. Any info or experience will be greatly appreciated!
If it has the convenience option as you mention, and you have the key in your pocket/purse/sitting on the roof, the care will start. That is how it is designed to work.

To test this leave all keys at least 30 feet away from car and try and start it. it should not start.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:27 PM
cargusjoh
4th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
I don't have the convenience package and verify the steps above worked on mine (11 R55). Thanks, interesting.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:15 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cargusjoh
I don't have the convenience package and verify the steps above worked on mine (11 R55). Thanks, interesting.
May also be called the Comfort Access Option. If you have Comfort Access option you should have little black buttons on the front door handles.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:12 PM
bassix67
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, Its part of the Comfort package. Helps to read the manual lol!!!