R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 FS: Magnaflow cat back system

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:42 AM
Banner28
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
FS: Magnaflow cat back system

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm posting this ad now and will post pictures when I get home. Up for sale is a full 2.5" Cat-Back Magnaflow exhaust system for a R55S. The system was on my dad's car for a few months and he hardly ever drove with it on before switching to the JCW exhaust so it's basically a new system that I am offering up for $300 plus shipping (if needed). Serious buyers only. Like I said, I will be posting pictures of it later when I get home from work.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:10 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 1,379 Posts
I might be interested, pending pictures, condition, and shipping cost. Can you PM me your requested shipping to 06033?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Banner28
2nd Gear
Nik,
Here are the pictures, I remembered something once I pulled it out. So it is obviously a bigger system, so in the middle I remembered that it sat lower then the stock system. Also, I remembered that he had the clamps tac welded for extra strength and security at those points. I haven't had a chance to get an estimate on shipping yet because I wanted to bring this to your attention before proceeding. As you can see in the pictures, the cuts after the Y are clean so those can be re-welded. The question comes on the main pipe where the resonator is. We could take it to a local shop who welded it and have them cut it to where it should fit all in one box (that would be packed to survive a bomb) but I don't want to do that a) if this loses you interest and b)if that's not something you'd like. It could possibly cut down on the cost of shipping by a lot and would allow for one box to be shipped instead of having to try and find a way to ship the mid-pipe. Feel free to PM me if you're still interested and if you have any further questions. The system is a tad bit dirty but I will clean it up before shipping and it is for sale at 1/3 of the cost of a brand new system with no flaws.

-Cody Z.

Full System Laid out

Full System (2)

Muffler

Muffler (2)

Y-Pipe

Left Muffler again

Old 03-27-2017, 04:08 PM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Since it's been cut up, I'm going to pass. The condition is a little bit more than I want to deal with right now. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Clubmaste00
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be curious why he removed it in favor of the JCW exhaust. Too loud too much droning at highway speeds?

Regards
Dennis

Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 AM
Banner28
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Clubmaste00
I would be curious why he removed it in favor of the JCW exhaust. Too loud too much droning at highway speeds?

Regards
Dennis
There wasn't a real reason for it. He just wanted the JCW exhaust, found one, bought it, installed it and then immediately went and got a stage 1 manic tune put on. So no drone or anything like that. It wasn't super loud, it did give the car a nice deep rumble and growl.