North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r55-clubman-talk-2008-168/)
-   -   R55 Just picked up (new) 2013 Clubman S Bond Street (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r55-clubman-talk-2008/295711-just-picked-up-new-2013-clubman-s-bond-street.html)

Jeffob5 11-14-2015 01:21 PM

Just picked up (new) 2013 Clubman S Bond Street

3 Attachment(s)
Car was from MINI USA a executive demo and supposedly was one of the first Bond Street cars and spent its time at shows or on display because it only has 2900 miles. MINI certified pre-owned but never registered before and sold to the dealer end of August 2015, so has almost 5 full years of warranty and 3 years of free service. They worked on me pretty hard with a lot of extra warranty which I successfully deflected with the exception of the wheel / tire protection which I ended up taking due to the cost of the rims and run flats and the condition of the streets around here these days. Anyone else fall for this one?

And yes it's an auto...I would have preferred a stick but I still have my B5S4 MT so I can get my left foot into it when I want. I figure that I will miss having the stick sometimes but would probably want the auto at least as much with all the traffic I seem to be ending up caught in these days.

My first MINI and the size will take some getting used to as it is about 20+ inches shorter than my S4 and a lot smaller than the SUV I traded (my wife's old ML320 with 133K had to go, so serious downsizing on that one).

Sorry about the quality of the pics, but will take some better ones soon and get those posted. I love the interior and all the gadgets, its loaded up including Homelink which I just got working with the garage. Seats look dark brown but are supposed to be BLK and the dash is covered with leather too, so that is a very nice bonus. The exterior trim looks more tan than gold, so the car is really a Black & Tan. Maybe I should put a harp grille badge on the front.

Pure Red 11-14-2015 04:14 PM

Really nice. Congratulations.
I hear you about the size adjusting phase...
I came out of a 7 passenger SUV to get my Clubman. You learn spatial relationships real fast...:lol::lol:

Titleist76 11-15-2015 03:55 PM

That's pretty hot looking!

ECSTuning 11-17-2015 09:05 AM

Wow , very nice. Bond street was very rare and I have only seen a couple, just like the Hampton edition. :)

PelicanParts.com 11-17-2015 11:10 AM

Very nice! Congratulations on your purchase.

SkyRideTravis 11-19-2015 03:35 PM

Very nice looking car. I nearly traded mine in a couple times, but its rarity is one of the factors that makes me keep mine.

Morrissey25 11-25-2015 04:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am one of those rare Bond St. owners. I have only seen one other Bond St. Clubman... so I guess that they must be rare. Your car has a few "bells and whistles" that my car is lacking (roof spoiler and navigation) not to mention that mine is not an "S". I would like to see a few more shots of the spoiler if you could. I have been contemplating that purchase for my car.

Here are a few shots of my car for comparison:
New
Attachment 144857

after JCW Aero ll Bumper and side skirts:
Attachment 144858

Attachment 144859

ECSTuning 12-01-2015 06:23 AM

The Bond St. is rare , only seen a few, looks good with the JCW Aero Kit II on a justa clubman.

daltonnnn 12-31-2015 02:45 PM

Congrats! Welcome to the club. My wife has a 2014 bond street S and loves it.

TorchMINI 01-15-2016 03:36 PM

Congratulations!
Clubbies are the best blend of form and function and you have scored the impossible;a new one in the age beyond the species.
Keep it in great shape and drive it for years.

rckrzy1 02-04-2016 12:54 PM

if you can canx the wheel tire , do it. It's a rip off IMO. You dont need runflats and will want to change those ASAP, you have a clubbie, get a spare.

I had fallen for that and canx it and got a refund. I have never needed a wheel or tire.

Titleist76 02-05-2016 01:34 PM

That Aero kit looks great! How much did all of those parts cost?

Jeffob5 02-06-2016 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by rckrzy1 (Post 4171744)
if you can canx the wheel tire , do it. It's a rip off IMO. You dont need runflats and will want to change those ASAP, you have a clubbie, get a spare.

I had fallen for that and canx it and got a refund. I have never needed a wheel or tire.

Not sure what your canx reference is here, are you talking about the wheel / tire protection plan?

MiniRoadstah 02-11-2016 02:49 PM

Have yet to see a Bond Street here in Maine or on my travels, so must be rare. Looks really good in either S or Justa versions.

ECSTuning 02-12-2016 01:50 PM

Yea, they are pretty rare. Only seen a couple in person.

R53Minicoop 02-13-2016 10:01 AM

Very nice! Digging the look of that. Enjoy!!

rckrzy1 02-24-2016 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jeffob5 (Post 4172315)
Not sure what your canx reference is here, are you talking about the wheel / tire protection plan?

Yes , that plan is talked up with how expensive the run flat tires are ( they are at stealerships) but you want to get rid of those runflats anyway.
And they say how often wheels get destroyed and how expensive they are, again at the stealerships they are but I bought a whole set of new wheels and tires for less than that over priced $900 tire n wheel rip off.

And have never had a wheel or tire damaged. You got so many days to cancel that rip off and I would, I did it.