R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2016 Clubman

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Camyman
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by perryinva
It's just a mirror swap to swap in the one with Homelink. Its totally self contained, I assume, like all other cars. I Had to specifically ask my MA to add the Homelink option on my 2016 justa Clubman order because it is not an option in the build list for it, just on the S version. I couldn't talk my wife into the HUD, and I really wanted it. I'd love to know if it was retrofittable, because eventually her car becomes my everyday car, and that would be great. (Don't feel sorry for me, my fun car is a 911)
It's actually not a component that we can add after the fact. These new F platform cars are really locked down on the retrofits. For example, all the R platform cars can have an alarm system retrofitted, but on the F cars there's nothing. So far the only thing I know of for certain is that if you have satellite radio preparation you can activate the tuner in the radio. This HUD blew my mind. I am still trying to get more information about it, but theres a few other things I want to resolve/add to the car first. The biggest thing I want is more power. Don't get me wrong its quick, but I want it FAAASSSSTTT.

I will keep you updated on the HUD retrofit as I get more information.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:11 AM
fenderod
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We definitely need a new sub-forum and a thread lift-and-shift.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Design1stCode2nd
1st Gear
For those that have ordered your car was your deposit fully refundable? I'm not getting the feeling that mine would be unless there is damage and so forth. They will be appraising my trade when I order so if I do I think I'm locked in which I don't like.

I know they need to cover themselves but I'm not ordering a wild combination so its not like they couldn't sell it if I backed out.

Really don't like losing negotiation power.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:31 AM
Scott549
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About to become a two-Clubman family. 2016 Cooper S on the way. Downsizing from Mazda CX-9 after oldest kid moved away. We will also be a manual transmission only family, which is fun.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:32 AM
Fantastic Choice
2nd Gear
You'll love it!

Best car I've ever had! Its so fun!

Old 05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Quentin
I was very much against getting the pepper white on her R53, but I admit it has held up well. The car still looks fantastic to this day.

Supposedly the FR-S will live on as a Toyota. Hopefully it does. It is too much fun to go away.
Pepper 2 just arrived to the dealer!

Name:  248C9CF5-063F-496F-B48D-0EBDFAD6F208_zpshylgz8yp.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  281.2 KB

Name:  311DCC42-B421-4388-97F4-FC3F91AF65B1_zpsvjrcroxs.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  292.9 KB

Old 05-19-2016, 01:05 PM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The official announcement of the All4 says it will have an optional sport suspension. MINIUSA informs me it is not available
in the US and there are no indications it will be. It is available on the UK website.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:45 PM
JohnnyQuest
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by hsautocrosser
The official announcement of the All4 says it will have an optional sport suspension. MINIUSA informs me it is not available
in the US and there are no indications it will be. It is available on the UK website.
It seems that their only suspension option is the Sport Suspension while our only option is Dynamic Damper Control (either alone or as part of the Sport Package). They get either soft or stiffer, and we get either soft or adjustable. I think the Sport Suspension would certainly be the more performance oriented option, but frankly, for a 4-door wagon, I like the adjustable option. I'm sure you'll be able to get an aftermarket sport suspension in short order.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Old 05-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Camyman
2nd Gear
Congratulations! Now, time to add some driving lamps!

Old 05-22-2016, 05:08 AM
Milkman
2nd Gear
Thanks to this thread we will be first time MINI owners when we pick up our new Cooper S Clubman on Tuesday. Our garage should look pretty interesting with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited next to a Cooper Clubman sorry this is a bit long but hopefully helps someone else looking.

This will be my wifes daily driver and we test drove some used Mercedes C300 (14&15), Audi A3/A4 (16) and BMW 3 series (15) before I was able to convince her to try the MINI's. The dealer is about 1.5 hours away from us but would have been the same with Mercedes which she was leaning towards.

Salesman did a great job explaining all the features and how the car works which really helped her feel comfortable. This was right after driving the 15 Mercedes with the touchscreen system that had a 300 page book to run. Just to change into sport mode was 10 button clicks to get it all set and your supposed to do that while driving? Anyway my guess was she was going to like the Countryman so we drove that first. Don't know if it was the All4 version but it just did not feel right to us. Engine was loud in comfort but not in a sporty way and did just not handle like we imagined from reading what people say about MINI's.

The 4 door Cooper Hardtop was just not quite big enough for us with our daughter if we wanted to take a trip somewhere and my wife did not like the seating position for whatever reason. So next up was the Clubman which my wife deemed "the bus" that looks all wrong. Then we opened the door and sat in it. The car just screams quality so much more than the Countryman its not funny. All the fun gadgets are there with the toggle start, infotainment screen with LED's, etc. Then we sat down in those seats, that's what did it. Even sitting in the back while the salesman showed my wife the operation I was starting to dose off they were so comfy and I had plenty of room. So we test drive and around the third corner my wife is all smiles and says we are buying this car today (there goes my negotiation leverage haha). Again riding up front in those seats was just so nice, best seats I have ever ridden in and the Cooper S feels like a mini should, power with a great feel around corners.

So long story not so short we got back and they and all surrounding dealers are very short on Cooper S Clubmans right now in our area so we had to compromise slightly due to needing a vehicle right now. She ended up with this Pepper White, Auto, cold weather package, moon roof, anthracite grey roof and black wheels. Only thing it's missing that we really wanted was the LED light upgrade.

So my only question is can I retrofit LED's later head/fogs?

Old 05-22-2016, 05:22 AM
perryinva
3rd Gear
So exactly what seats were in the Clubman? Final price?

Old 05-22-2016, 05:24 AM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Milkman
Thanks to this thread we will be first time MINI owners when we pick up our new Cooper S Clubman on Tuesday. Our garage should look pretty interesting with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited next to a Cooper Clubman sorry this is a bit long but hopefully helps someone else looking.
Congratulations, you both will love it!!!

Just brought home my ordered 2017 Cooper S Clubman ALL4 last night. Best 190 mile drive home ever...

Old 05-22-2016, 05:30 AM
Scott549
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picked up our blazing red S Clubman this week. Now a two-Clubman family. Same as Milkman, we got most of the options we wanted with the exception of the LED headlights. From the limited research I have done, it is not possible to retrofit the LEDs. Or to the extent it is possible, it is not practical.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:06 AM
Milkman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by perryinva
So exactly what seats were in the Clubman? Final price?
They were the Cooper S Sport seats in the leatherette. After sitting in all those luxury cars we were so suprised they fit us both so well. My wife is petite and I'm larger with broad shoulders.

Originally Posted by TC Mini
Congratulations, you both will love it!!!

Just brought home my ordered 2017 Cooper S Clubman ALL4 last night. Best 190 mile drive home ever...
Can't wait for our drive. That melting silver is a great color and was our first choice if they had one. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Scott549
Picked up our blazing red S Clubman this week. Now a two-Clubman family. Same as Milkman, we got most of the options we wanted with the exception of the LED headlights. From the limited research I have done, it is not possible to retrofit the LEDs. Or to the extent it is possible, it is not practical.
Thanks for the info, that's what I was seeing too. Headlights no foglights maybe but additional wiring required. As long as they work well I guess I'm ok. I'd really just like LED running lights for winter on a white car in NY so she's visible.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Camyman
Congratulations! Now, time to add some driving lamps!
I actually didn't care for the driving lights on the F54s. The dealer ordered the all weather mats and roof rack for me. It might take a bit to get them in, though. Supposedly MINI has to update the part number for the F56/55 bars to shown that the F54 is also OK before they can sell them to us. Weird.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:34 AM
handn
3rd Gear
I actually didn't care for the driving lights on the F54s. The dealer ordered the all weather mats and roof rack for me. It might take a bit to get them in, though. Supposedly MINI has to update the part number for the F56/55 bars to shown that the F54 is also OK before they can sell them to us. Weird.
Do you mean the actual roof rack, or the cross rails?

The cross rails for the F54 are PN 82 71 2 327 922. They fit the F54 and F60(!)

This assumes you have the factory roof rail option.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:59 AM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by handn

The cross rails. Parts had already gone home by then, so he couldn't get them anyway. I do have the roof rail option.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:16 AM
handn
3rd Gear
The cross rails. Parts had already gone home by then, so he couldn't get them anyway. I do have the roof rail option.
Shop around for the cross rails. I found mine on eBay from a Mini dealer for $189 shipped.

These are specific for the F54 and F60.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Milkman
2nd Gear

Thanks for this info. We were planning on taking a trip this weekend with our bikes and since there is no hitch we were planning on putting them on top but no idea what rails fit!

Hopefully the aftermarket can design a hitch that will install in this thing.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Fantastic Choice
2nd Gear
Hitch for the 2016 clubman S

The hitch has been designed (finally) and is available at Outmotoring.com, made by MNidomore. We were anxiously waiting for this since our Clubby arrived at the end of December. Now that it arrived, we found out that our two HP Velotechnik recumbent trikes are too heavy for the hitch! It is rated at 200 lbs and the trike rack people tell us the trikes should not way more than 100 lbs together. They weight about 30 pounds more than that together, so we are at ground zero again. But for regular bikes, the hitch should be just fine. We've been able to fit both trikes into the Clubby folded. Its tight and takes some time but is well worth it. A trailer was suggested, but we've been there, done that, and won't do it again! But the hitch should work for you.

http://www.outmotoring.com/hidden-tr...4-clubman.html

Enjoy!

Barbara

Old 05-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Quentin
2nd Gear
Shop around for the cross rails. I found mine on eBay from a Mini dealer for $189 shipped.

These are specific for the F54 and F60.

Well, I showed up to the dealership with $500 more than what the car cost, so I loaded up on accessories. They were $250 from the dealer (which is what I saw from one of the vendors here). It is what it is.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Milkman
2nd Gear
Alright cross rails on order, next thing I want to install is mud flaps as we have some dirt and gravel roads we drive around here. Her trade in had lots of chips from the roads so I'd like to catch it early. I don't see any specific part numbers out there for the F54 yet, anyone able to find any?

I asked my salesman and he wasn't sure, parts department was closed.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:30 PM
JohnnyQuest
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Fantastic Choice
The hitch has been designed (finally) and is available at Outmotoring.com, made by MNidomore. We were anxiously waiting for this since our Clubby arrived at the end of December. Now that it arrived, we found out that our two HP Velotechnik recumbent trikes are too heavy for the hitch! It is rated at 200 lbs and the trike rack people tell us the trikes should not way more than 100 lbs together. They weight about 30 pounds more than that together, so we are at ground zero again. But for regular bikes, the hitch should be just fine. We've been able to fit both trikes into the Clubby folded. Its tight and takes some time but is well worth it. A trailer was suggested, but we've been there, done that, and won't do it again! But the hitch should work for you.

http://www.outmotoring.com/hidden-tr...4-clubman.html

Enjoy!

Barbara
200lb tongue capacity is standard for a Class 1 hitch. If you're saying that your trikes each weigh 130 lbs, that's pretty darn heavy and hard to believe. If you're saying that they weigh 130 lbs together (sounds reasonable), then I don't understand the problem. Can you explain? Thanks.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Fantastic Choice
2nd Gear
trike weight

Each trike is 63 pounds. But the doesn't account for the bike rack. Additionally, because of the road vibrations, its recommended that you only go half of the maximum tongue weight, which means the combined trikes and carrier should be close to 100 pounds maximum.

Quick Reply: R55 2016 Clubman