R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Baby Kito's Clubbie timeline

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
November Update

The car is getting quite few new LED's for the interior and license plate. Also found a nice hole in my A/c line in my passenger side wheel well area. I took a video and will post that along with an exhaust video tonight. I'm looking for ideas on how to work around that pipe. It got destroyed via my axle while driving so low so Ill need to come up with an alternative to it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Also if anyone can tell me how to recharge an A/C system that would be very helpful. I've never done it before so sorry for the dumb question. Pics to follow!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
submitaweasel
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Baby Kito
November Update

The car is getting quite few new LED's for the interior and license plate. Also found a nice hole in my A/c line in my passenger side wheel well area. I took a video and will post that along with an exhaust video tonight. I'm looking for ideas on how to work around that pipe. It got destroyed via my axle while driving so low so Ill need to come up with an alternative to it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Also if anyone can tell me how to recharge an A/C system that would be very helpful. I've never done it before so sorry for the dumb question. Pics to follow!
This ac line problem is quite common in 2nd gen MINIs I've seen a few threads about it (I think most were R56s) on here and I believe people typically would just figure some way of tying the line up out of the way.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Thats what I'm trying to figure out. But its a hard line, so I cant seem to do it unless i get a custom hose bent just for it.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear

Heres a quick video of me driving. Like I said its a straight mid pipe and suitcase muffler delete. No drone. Excuse the huge bump I hit towards the beginning.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 AM
submitaweasel
5th Gear
Damn...love your BOV...sounds better than any exhaust IMHO

Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
It's actually just a home made Intake with the WMW DV. Loud as hell haha. Not used to it when coming from a V8.

And thanks sir!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 AM
kcle730
3rd Gear
so basicallly u did a second cat/resonator delete and u also removed the two mufflers??? doesnt sound that bad at all! sounds really good! =D

Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
kcle730, Actually my second cat is still there. I smack it on the daily in town, thats how I know hahaha. Not something many of you find cool I assume. But no resonator and no mufflers but stock tips. Both cats will be deleted when I install the new turbo and tune.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM
kcle730
3rd Gear
kcle730, Actually my second cat is still there. I smack it on the daily in town, thats how I know hahaha. Not something many of you find cool I assume. But no resonator and no mufflers but stock tips. Both cats will be deleted when I install the new turbo and tune.
very interesting! i gotta try that! loll

dudeee lookin' forward for that big snail/tune =D

Old 11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
You'll see it on instagram soon enough I'm hoping to have everything done before xmas!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:49 PM
submitaweasel
5th Gear
You'll see it on instagram soon enough I'm hoping to have everything done before xmas!
I wish I could get my modding done that fast but I just can't get the funds quickly enough

Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by submitaweasel
I wish I could get my modding done that fast but I just can't get the funds quickly enough
Haha I know it seems like I'm dumping money, but I'm actually not spending a whole lot. Im a tester for the Turbo setup so I'm not paying a billion doll hairs for it. But I save up a lot then go crazy. Usually how things go.

Btw, I just purchased a JCW Shift boot.......

Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
kcle730
3rd Gear
heyyy mann! just curious! whats ur camber at Ride Height?

Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Hmm. Hard to say, i havent measured it properly. My wheel arch is tucking all the tire and just barely alittle wheel. It's def a few degrees. Ill measure once i get some proper tools to do so

Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 PM
kcle730
3rd Gear
Hmm. Hard to say, i havent measured it properly. My wheel arch is tucking all the tire and just barely alittle wheel. It's def a few degrees. Ill measure once i get some proper tools to do so
Thanks man! sounds good! yeah i wanna figure out how much i need to fit my new NUE! hehehe ;]

Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 AM
bruno73
1st Gear
Love this clubman, Nice

Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
You wont need any Kcle, the car naturally cambers. Theyll fit and clear everything just fine

Thanks Bruno!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Update! I installed my Franken Turbo TIP and JCW shift boot along with all my interior LEDS. The car is coming along quite nicely. The turbo should be installed come last week of December into The first week of January.

Baby Kito's Clubbie timeline-image-766512020.jpg

Baby Kito's Clubbie timeline-image-613396539.jpg

Baby Kito's Clubbie timeline-image-3389848854.jpg

Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Wow those pics look awful, didnt notice how the NAM app uploaded such small ones. Ill Edit once i upload to the computer etc.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
kcle730
3rd Gear
Update! I installed my Franken Turbo TIP and JCW shift boot along with all my interior LEDS. The car is coming along quite nicely. The turbo should be installed come last week of December into The first week of January.

Attachment 68213

Attachment 68214

Attachment 68215
very interesting, does ur turbo inlet goes to a oil catch can then bak to the engine? couldnt see it very well

Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kcle730
very interesting, does ur turbo inlet goes to a oil catch can then bak to the engine? couldnt see it very well
Actually i took the line that originally went from the valve cover to the TIP and snipped it and ran a line to the can and then from the can back to the TIP. It looks confusing because of the way the TIP is designed in this photo. I just contacted FT and they are making a new TIP with a lower side port for OCC applications. Ill have that come next week and will show better pictures. NAM app does no justice.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
MINI got a feature on an online site Show Stoppers. Check it out guys and let me know what you think!

Show Stoppers

Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 AM
ignitionmodule
4th Gear
November Update

You can get e refrigerant license online for around $35 (just take and pass the test). If you're just charging, buy the refrigerant and hose kit and go.
If you need a custom line, you'll have to discharge the system (technically illegal to do so have a shop recover it to stay compliant), remove your hose and take it to a hydraulic shop. Tell them to cut out the metal section and replace it with barrier tubing in your choice of length.
System refill is a little more involved. You need a compressed air driven vacuum pump to evacuate the system and refill with new refrigerant. (or have a shop do it)

Old 01-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ignitionmodule
You can get e refrigerant license online for around $35 (just take and pass the test). If you're just charging, buy the refrigerant and hose kit and go.
If you need a custom line, you'll have to discharge the system (technically illegal to do so have a shop recover it to stay compliant), remove your hose and take it to a hydraulic shop. Tell them to cut out the metal section and replace it with barrier tubing in your choice of length.
System refill is a little more involved. You need a compressed air driven vacuum pump to evacuate the system and refill with new refrigerant. (or have a shop do it)
Well I'm assuming the system has nothing left in it since my line is more than just a small leak. Hole is the size of a nickel. I might just take off the hose and get it custom made up to fit over the axle, then re install and take it somewhere to have it recharged etc.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:04 PM
ignitionmodule
4th Gear
Well I'm assuming the system has nothing left in it since my line is more than just a small leak. Hole is the size of a nickel. I might just take off the hose and get it custom made up to fit over the axle, then re install and take it somewhere to have it recharged etc.
Probably your best best since the system is already discharged. Bad idea to leave it open to the atmosphere for too long though. You don't want to add a compressor to the cost.

They'll also change out your AC drier. It's not a scam to sell you more parts, you have to swap it to replace the dessicant every time you open the AC system.

Quick Reply: R55 Baby Kito's Clubbie timeline