North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r55-clubman-talk-2008-168/)
-   -   R55 My clubbie talks to me and I dont know why.... (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r55-clubman-talk-2008/219021-my-clubbie-talks-to-me-and-i-dont-know-why.html)

FL_JMF 10-17-2011 01:23 PM

My clubbie talks to me and I dont know why....

I just got my 09 PS MCCS about a month ago and I absolutely love it... wish I had bought it years ago. From time to time he talks to me, and I dont know why :nod:.

Ill be driving along for 30 minutes or so and suddenly hear " duh duh duh" - there are no alerts on the dash display or on the nav system. I've even gone into the system diagnostics to see if there are any messages there.

Seat belts have been on the entire time.
Doors are closed and we are just cruising along.
Plenty of gas in the car.
Key is in my pocket.

Any ideas??? I am usually pretty techy savy, I am an IT Analyst and support my local site of 300 clients plus provide support globally.... surely I can handle my own car, right??

Thanks in advance for any info!!

walk0080 10-17-2011 03:37 PM

Not sure but mine has started showing buggy behaviour in that it resets the chime volume level randomly, changes the dash lighting level and one time my doors unlocked as I approached a parking spot. :roll: The window also randomly doesn't want to close on the first attempt - last time it needed a full re-flash (took all day...) to fix.

Good thing it's going back in two months - I don't want a car with electronic glitches.

teamrubixcube 10-17-2011 03:50 PM

Could it be that the temperature outside got below 37 degrees? Your car will warn you that it may be icy

FL_JMF 10-17-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by teamrubixcube (Post 3380070)
Could it be that the temperature outside got below 37 degrees? Your car will warn you that it may be icy

oh boy I sure hope not!! :eek2: I live in New Smyrna Beach, Florida... but thanks for the thought and reply.

Im wondering if maybe its the headlights on auto?

klricks 10-18-2011 05:53 AM

Do you have the speed limit warning turned on?

FL_JMF 10-18-2011 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by teamrubixcube (Post 3380070)

I dont think so... :eek2: I live in New Smyrna Beach, Florida! But I like that you have your thinking cap on.

Originally Posted by klricks (Post 3380372)

Hmmm.. I havent set it, but that brings up a good point that I might need to set an upper limit. The feel of this is wayy different than my Xterra and I frequently find myself in the 90+ range.

The alert will go off at random times after Ive been driving. This morning, we were crusing along for prob 20 minutes and suddenly heard "duh duh duh". I laughed and said "good morning Charlie". I am wondering if maybe its the automatic lights?

schatzy62 10-18-2011 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by FL_JMF (Post 3379964)
I just got my 09 PS MCCS about a month ago and I absolutely love it... wish I had bought it years ago. From time to time he talks to me, and I dont know why :nod:.

Ill be driving along for 30 minutes or so and suddenly hear " duh duh duh" - there are no alerts on the dash display or on the nav system. I've even gone into the system diagnostics to see if there are any messages there.

Does in sound like a human voice or is it the gong?

There is a system on some cars called "Mission Control". It was an option on certian 2010 models but there was a retrofit kit for it so it could be added. The sound files were held on a SD card mounted in the Secret Compartment if I remember correctly. It was a massive failure. But the files on the SD card could be over written with what ever you wanted as an MP3 File.

Mission Control can be seen here in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VcL-...eature=related

Originally Posted by FL_JMF (Post 3379964)
Seat belts have been on the entire time.
Doors are closed and we are just cruising along.
Plenty of gas in the car.
Key is in my pocket.

Any ideas??? I am usually pretty techy savy, I am an IT Analyst and support my local site of 300 clients plus provide support globally.... surely I can handle my own car, right??

Thanks in advance for any info!!

As an IT person you are surely capable IF MINI had done things in a logical way but well that is not the case when it comes to their computer systems. There is a learning curve.

FL_JMF 05-16-2012 08:44 AM

MINI Orlando has now had my car for the past 6 days - I originally took it in because an increased emissions light was on. They have replaced the entire timing chain assembly, walnut shell blasted to clean out the carbon, and updated the software.

The only thing they have not been able to figure out in 6 days is the "mystery chime" that goes "duh duh duh"

PMKNHD 05-16-2012 10:23 PM

FL_JMF,

I think I found the answer to your problem, your MINI thinks it's German!

http://youtu.be/QDXaW8lfjKk

FL_JMF 05-17-2012 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by PMKNHD (Post 3513217)
FL_JMF,

I think I found the answer to your problem, your MINI thinks it's German!

http://youtu.be/QDXaW8lfjKk

I tried that link a couple of times today and it wont work. any chance it got pasted incorrectly?

PMKNHD 05-17-2012 08:03 AM

I tried the link and it worked for me, it did take a while to open though.
Sorry about that. This one should work for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDXaW...ature=youtu.be

Seedyman 05-17-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by FL_JMF (Post 3512707)
MINI Orlando has now had my car for the past 6 days - I originally took it in because an increased emissions light was on. They have replaced the entire timing chain assembly, walnut shell blasted to clean out the carbon, and updated the software.

The only thing they have not been able to figure out in 6 days is the "mystery chime" that goes "duh duh duh"

Do you have anything on the passenger seat?

FL_JMF 05-17-2012 01:35 PM

No nothing on any of the seats

MINIxB 05-19-2012 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by klricks (Post 3380372)

There's a speed limit warning?

FL_JMF 05-19-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by MINIxB (Post 3514795)
There's a speed limit warning?

You can set a threshold warning - so that when you exceed a speed that you decide on, the car will chirp at you.

Anyway, MINI brought in a regional engineer and here is the latest;
"SOME NEWS BUT NOT A CORRECTION...SO THE ENGINEERING GUYS CAN SEE A WHOLE LOT MORE FROM THE DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE THAN WE CAN AND THEY WERE ABLE TO SEE THAT THERE WAS UNDRVOLTAGE IN THE DSC UNIT(MODULE) WHICH CONTROLS THE CARS STABILITY..KINDA COOL BUT COULD OF USED THIS INFO ALOT SOONER!!!!ANYWAY THEY WANT US TO BREAK THE SYSTEM DOWN AND SEE WHY THIS MODULE ISNT GETTING THE RIGHT POWER!! "