R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!

Clubman Owners who happen to love dogs and drive with them here is your chance to post about your adventures with your four legged pals!

At the suggestion of another club member and dog/clubman owner, I have changed the title and figured the NAM Nation could show us all the tremendous pictures of everyones dogs in their Clubman!

1. Pictures are always welcome!
2. Stories of your dogs in your Clubman
3. Challenges of getting them all in and out
4. Anything else you may find helpful for folks who want to have dogs in their Clubman!

My wife and I have no children so the dogs are our "hairy" variety of kids.....so with that being said....POST AWAY!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first trip to the dog park with our doggies can be found in this thread:

HERE

Here is Morgan (the blonde female border collie mix we rescued):

Name:  IMG_2284.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  63.6 KB

And here is Bailey (the black/white female border collie mix we rescued as well):

Name:  IMG_2257.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2258.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  61.8 KB

The Clubman is PERFECT for dogs! The added space and the fold flat seats really make it a joy to haul the pups around. The first set of pictures are with the rear seats UP and a pet hammock. We tried this experiment to see just how they would do in this configuration. The reason we tried this is because we travel with the dogs everywhere and on long trips there are things we just don't want them getting into. This method will allow us to put things in the boot without having the doggies get at them!

Regards,

Mike

Old 06-21-2009, 07:45 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bostons in my Clubman

Great Theme. Here are some of my frequent Boston transport moments.

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-dsc_0006.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-dsc_0036.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-dsc_0105.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
a few more

Bostons in MINIs

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-dsc_0234.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-dsc_0198.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-dsc_0183.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
Torch,

They are adorable! My wife and I like the "Driving" picture when there is a driver and a back seat passenger! How old are they?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a pic of my 3 Labs exactly one year ago, when I took delivery of my Clubbie! I've since purchased the sides for the Poochstyle cargo mat, so I'll try and get an updated pic of the "kids".

Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 PM
mikethewxguy
Neutral
Hey all. Brand new here to the forum and I wanted to ask a quick question regarding dogs/kennels.

The wife and I are heading to Germany in Feb 2010 (US Air Force); we are currently in Korea. Heading to Ramstein AFB.

We are planning on purchasing a 2010 Clubman S - but wanted to make sure the kennel for our 45-50lb Australian Cattle Dog will fit in the back easily. From the pictures - it looks like it definitely will, but just wanted to be sure before we get our hearts 100% set on the Clubman.

We have 2 different kennels:

L: 36x25x27
XL: 39x26x30

Will either/both of these fit just fine? Sorry if this seems like a no-brainer....we have only seen one Clubman in-person and weren't able to examine it too closely.

These pics look great! Hopefully we'll be able to add some late this Winter

Old 06-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
LG,

They are BEAUTIFUL! My first dog when we got married was a Yellow Lab named Alex....he had cancer and 2 years ago at age 13 almost we had to put him to rest. Simply one of the saddest days of my life. Our best friends in Colorado have three labs (13, 10, and 2...Black, Yellow, Yellow). I am a huge lab fan but "Morgan" entered into our lives and she is Bailey's best buddy. Sometimes a dog chooses you rather than you choosing a dog!

Thanks for showing the shot! I look forward to seeing and hearing some stories!

Mike

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, Mike!

I've lost 3 previous Labs to cancer. Ages 10, 12, 13. It is absolutely heart breaking. Even so, I can't imagine life without the companionship of dogs, so I subject myself to the inevitable loss over and over again. It's worth it.

All of my Labs have been rescued, and they always will be. I rescued Seri, (short for Serendipity) my chocolate, last year, just a couple hours before her scheduled death. I'm rather passionate about animal rescue.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mikethewxguy
Hey all. Brand new here to the forum and I wanted to ask a quick question regarding dogs/kennels.

The wife and I are heading to Germany in Feb 2010 (US Air Force); we are currently in Korea. Heading to Ramstein AFB.

We are planning on purchasing a 2010 Clubman S - but wanted to make sure the kennel for our 45-50lb Australian Cattle Dog will fit in the back easily. From the pictures - it looks like it definitely will, but just wanted to be sure before we get our hearts 100% set on the Clubman.

We have 2 different kennels:

L: 36x25x27
XL: 39x26x30

Will either/both of these fit just fine? Sorry if this seems like a no-brainer....we have only seen one Clubman in-person and weren't able to examine it too closely.

These pics look great! Hopefully we'll be able to add some late this Winter
Mike....fellow USAF member here as well!

I just went out and measured. The narrowest spot is 34" wide and the height is 29" at its highest point with the seats folded down. You have to note that the clubman rear opening is smaller than the max open area within....I hope that makes sense.....the opening in the rear is.....24.5" tall by 34" wide.

If you are using a "Vari Kennel" you may be able to just separate the top/bottom and assemble inside. Length will not be an issue....my seat pos to the aft end is 48" so you should be good to go on that.

Best of luck in your move!!!!!

Regards,

Mike

Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 AM
mikethewxguy
Neutral
Mike

Many thanks for the quick help on the measurements....that helps us out a ton! And good to see another fellow USAF member on the boards here as well.

We do indeed use the "Vari Kennel" and I hadn't even thought about being able to separate the top/bottom portions until you mentioned it - doh! We previously owned a Nissan Armada and I was always used to just throwing the kennel in there when I needed to

We'll probably wait until we get to Germany to custom-order a Clubman of our liking...want to definitely drive one around a bit before committing to a purchase...but it definitely tops our list righht now.

Again - thank you!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:17 AM
ART ED
4th Gear
Rusty and Raven

Lost my chocolate lab Bosque to cancer last August and rescued these two brother and sister beauties three days later. After nearly a year of intense training, they are finally well behaved and get massive walks daily! They are the sweetest labs I have ever owned! Rusty and Raven are their names.

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-club1rr.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-rr2yard.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-rrcouch.jpg  
Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mikethewxguy
Mike

Many thanks for the quick help on the measurements....that helps us out a ton! And good to see another fellow USAF member on the boards here as well.

We do indeed use the "Vari Kennel" and I hadn't even thought about being able to separate the top/bottom portions until you mentioned it - doh! We previously owned a Nissan Armada and I was always used to just throwing the kennel in there when I needed to

We'll probably wait until we get to Germany to custom-order a Clubman of our liking...want to definitely drive one around a bit before committing to a purchase...but it definitely tops our list righht now.

Again - thank you!
No worries! Enjoy your PCS to Ramstein! You will have a great time there!11

Originally Posted by ART ED
Lost my chocolate lab Bosque to cancer last August and rescued these two brother and sister beauties three days later. After nearly a year of intense training, they are finally well behaved and get massive walks daily! They are the sweetest labs I have ever owned! Rusty and Raven are their names.
Art Ed, Sorry about your loss.....beautiful pictures of R & R!!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 AM
sgtjosh
2nd Gear

My 11-year-old Sheltie, KC.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Back to you, Mike 1968,
Gromit, the 'driver, is 2. Petunia in back, is one. I'll work on uploading larger images of them in my MINI. My only dog/MINI regret is not always taking care to protect my rear black bumper! Lots of little Boston scratches.
Gromit often stands on the arm rest, making me look almost like a two-headed driver, or so my friends have told me, who see us in traffic.
My favorite comment was from a gal at the food co-op: "I don't know what's cuter- your dog, or your car." ( Not that MINIs are 'cute', they're cool.)

Old 06-24-2009, 02:49 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
A few more #2

If I may put a few larger attachments in this thread, here is Gromit, mostly, and one taken at a 'potty stop' in a remote area of Petunia.
No problem getting them in- I just open the barn doors, and say: 'Up,up'. Coming out is always done with caution, as in: "Watch me.... okay come."

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-img_0219.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-img_0011.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-dsc_0206.jpg  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM
ART ED
4th Gear
Pooch STyle rocks!

Three words of advice:
poochstyle.com
Go there and order your custom boot cover for your seats, sides, etc. It is worth the price, the quality is great, and the dogs will love it. Once I put that in the car, Rusty and Raven are cravin to motor!
http://www.poochstyle.com/photo_gall...s.asp?PID=7215

Old 06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Great website, Arted.! I'm about to order a liner.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
NICE PICS EVERYONE!

SgtJosh.....super shots and your sheltie looks like he/she is made for your mini!

Torch....I'll be honest, I never have really seen a Boston Terrier in real life, your dog always has a "quizzical look"...heheheh and yes the mini is "Cute" as well as the pooch! I have no issues with our mini being called "cute"! I like to think they are "cool" or "sporty"...but "cute" does fit!

ArtEd....Would you be so kind as to take some more interior shots of the inside of the mini with it installed. Specifically I am looking as to how it protects the door and passenger areas along the "b'pillar wall area". Additionally, I am still not sure how this will work with the rear seats UP. Right now our Hammock is doing well but side protection is lacking. What it does do is leave an area for the pups to hang out so that they do not fall behind the front seat and the space where a passenger's legs would go. Any other thoughts/pics on these questions would be AWESOME!

EDIT: I found this from the PS site....
The Side Panels keep fur and dirt off of the carpeted sides and prevent knicks and scratches to the side panels. The side panels adhere to the windows with suction cups - these are safe to use with factory glass and most tinted windows, but if you have aftermarket tint on your windows, please check with your installer to make sure that suction cups can be used safely with your particular tint. Please check our Photo Gallery for pictures of these options.
I am not sure if this will work with our 3M tint that the dealer installed so I have to ask.

One of the reasons we did not elect to go with PS is because at times we will be driving with the seats up and could not decipher from the site just how that would be accomplished (full side coverage and rear seats in up position). It was hard for me to navigate and discern how the sides stayed up. Any help would be appreciated on that!

There has to be MORE folks with Pooches in Clubbies out there so if you are reading this and have the shots....Show em if ya got em!!!!!

Last edited by Mike1968NM; 06-24-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Otra
6th Gear
From your other thread:
Originally Posted by Mike1968NM
Otra,

I suppose I will change the thread title and we can make it about doggies in clubbies. I searched but found no Official Dogs in Clubman thread so I'll change the name...if others have seen another then we can just change it back!

I love seeing others love their dogs as much as we do ours...they are our "hairy children"!

If anyone has any issues with me changing the title and direction of the thread just PM me!

Hey Otra.....your dog is NOT a sheltie is it but an actual Shetland Sheepdog puppy correct? He is adorable...how big will he get?

Regards,

Mike
Mike a "sheltie" is just a nickname for a Shetland Sheepdog, and yes he is one. He will probably be about 25 pounds. Not sure what he weighs now but he is bigger than he was when I took that photo of him in his seatbelt harness riding in the backseat of our Clubman.

P.S. Interesting to see sgtosh's Sheltie in another silver (I see yours is a DS which I love) Clubman with factory roof rails, too. We Shelite folks have such good taste.

P.S.S. Congrats ArtEd on your two adopted beauties! I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved dog only too well. Your heart and hard work have clearly paid off!

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-img_2135.jpg   OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-img_2151.jpg  

Last edited by Otra; 06-24-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: observation of another Shetland Sheepdog and other stuff
Old 06-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
From your other thread:

Mike a "sheltie" is just a nickname for a Shetland Sheepdog, and yes he is one. He will probably be about 25 pounds. Not sure what he weighs now but he is bigger than he was when I took that photo of him in his seatbelt harness riding in the backseat of our Clubman.

P.S. Interesting to see sgtosh's Sheltie in another silver (I see yours is a DS which I love) Clubman with factory roof rails, too. We Shelite folks have such good taste.

P.S.S. Congrats ArtEd on your two adopted beauties! I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved dog only too well. Your heart and hard work have clearly paid off!
Thanks for the clarification Otra....I like the "sleepy puppy" pic the best!

Old 06-26-2009, 05:41 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
Hey,
Our goldendoodle loves to ride in the back of my Clubman. I'll have to post some pics soon. And if anyone finds themselves up in Saco, Maine, be sure to stop into my wife's new store for dogs and cats. Sooper Dogs (get it? Sooper Cooper). http://sooperdogs.com

Old 06-26-2009, 06:29 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
These are our Mini-poopers, Holly and Noel, about 8 years old now.......

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-img_0290r.jpg  
Old 06-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Mike1968NM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tim781996
Hey,
Our goldendoodle loves to ride in the back of my Clubman. I'll have to post some pics soon. And if anyone finds themselves up in Saco, Maine, be sure to stop into my wife's new store for dogs and cats. Sooper Dogs (get it? Sooper Cooper). http://sooperdogs.com
Tim,

I will have my folks stop in when they are down that way! They live in Freeport only 25 or so miles away from ya! They FINALLY have seen their first MINI on the road (they have been searching for a MONTH)....they like to buy our pooches presents for Christmas and such! I truly hope that some day I can retire up there.....Aside from Colorado, Maine is truly my favorite place in the US! I miss it dearly! Looking forward to your pics!!!

Originally Posted by MINIdave
These are our Mini-poopers, Holly and Noel, about 8 years old now.......
Dave,

They are adorable! I love the "fur" bedliner in the Clubbie....is that an option from the factory !

Old 06-26-2009, 04:25 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
Bit more of a cat person myself, but I don't mind dogs. I don't have either, but I would probably get a cat if I did (due to having a loft condo and my work hours). Still, some great looking dogs in here. Mike, love the pair. They look great. Otra, great looking Sheltie.

Great thread Mike. Keep up the pics folks!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:11 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
One more then...........

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!-mini-poopers.jpg  

Quick Reply: R55 OFFICIAL Show us your Dogs in your Clubman! Pics/stories welcome!