R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Seat Heater Stuck On?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:42 PM
RaceFace
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Heater Stuck On?

A month or so ago, wifey came home and said said "I don't understand it, its 95 outside and I have my AC on the whole way home (25ish miles) and when I get out of the car, I'm boiling hot." Well, I didn't think much of it because she is one of those that sleeps with no covers in the winter.....she's a radiator.

About a week ago, we took the Clubbie out to lunch and as I was driving, I noticed the seat was definitely warm....I played with the switch thinking it may have been stuck or something. The seat never cooled down. So I asked wifey to call the dealer.....well she never did.

So thursday she comes home from work and I go out to put her car in the garage and that damn seat back was smokin' hot. I back the car in the garage and walked in the house. I told her something was wrong....she agreed and said on her drive home, she had to lean forward because her back was burning. Now we bought that car in March and for the most part, its always garaged, so she has never used the seat heater because first, we are in SoCal and it hasn't been cold enough yet and second, in the garage it doesn't get cold anyways. She called the dealer and they are going to look at it monday. I have since pulled the fuses for the heaters to help her out since she left this afternoon on a 600 mile road trip for the weekend.

Has anybody has issues with this yet? I'm thinking just a defective switch......hopefully.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:25 PM
nclin
2nd Gear
I haven't experienced any problems with my heated seats. I admittedly have used them nearly every morning in the last month because I live in a cold climate, but they always shut off when I ask them to.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Otra
6th Gear
No problems here, either.

Please report back, RaceFace. Your wife must have a high tolerance for pain - sounds horrible. I will say that these heated seats are much more powerful than those in my former MINIs.

Last edited by Otra; 11-20-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: heated seats do seem to turn off w/engine off
Old 04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Tstroh
2nd Gear
I am having this problem as well, crappily enough it was -40 out when mine started only staying on and not going off, normally that would be fine but when you have an hour or more road trip those things could kill you! Let me know how this went, my button is somewhat sticky so i must have spilled something on it, i wonder if thats the problem and i just need to clean it? Please help if you have any ideas.