North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r52-cabrio-talk-2005-2008-152/)
-   -   R52 MCSCa or Audi TT Cabrio 250hp? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r52-cabrio-talk-2005-2008/46278-mcsca-or-audi-tt-cabrio-250hp.html)

gbsher 07-01-2005 08:42 PM

MCSCa or Audi TT Cabrio 250hp?

OK, I know it may not be too objective in here, but any comments on how you feel these compare?

Thanks, Glenn :smile: :smile: :smile:

1nf3rn0 07-01-2005 08:48 PM

cost to fun ratio = MCSCa

ScuderiaMini 07-01-2005 08:49 PM

NONE of THEM- NEW BOXTER S

Definitely new Boxter S . Audi TT is getting old, love the DSG with 3.2 V6 but the body-style is changing pretty soon. MCSc, I do not like the idea of having the Mini in cabrio, does not appeal to me, Panaromic roof serves the purpose more than enough.

minimonkey 07-01-2005 09:40 PM

Audi TT or the Boxer... but no Mini convertable. Just say no!

ScuderiaMini 07-01-2005 10:03 PM

it is very hard to compare the MCSc to an Audi TT 3.2 quattro roadster. Might as well strech a little bit more and get the Boxter. It would not be a subject of hard decision making if we were comparing w/Miata:wink:

Originally Posted by minimonkey
Audi TT or the Boxer... but no Mini convertable. Just say no!

am0eba 07-01-2005 10:28 PM

I've driven both, and I own the MINI S Convertible. :thumbsup:

The TT is cramped beyond belief. The controls feel much less "connected" to me on the TT, and it's just SO much more money! On the other hand, AWD is really nice... If you MUST have an automatic, the TT will have a noticable performance advantage, but if you go with a stick, I think the new MCS Getrag 6-spd is just amazing. The MINI is more practical, more fun, and will cost you less.

Don't understand the negative attitudes toward the MINI convertible. :confused:

_Dave_

edit: For the cost of the TT, you could get a Lotus Elise! Only very slightly less practical than the TT, with astounding performance and handling.

2nd edit: that 3.2 motor in the nose of the TT makes it feel extremely nose-heavy compared to the MINI, and the additional weight pretty much offsets the HP gain.

BFG9000 07-02-2005 01:51 AM

If you were comparing two year old used cars(eg 225HP TT vs. MCS), it would be a lot easier because Audis tend to depreciate to half their original cost in just two years. Wait that's a good reason for a new MCSc right now:wink:

mikem53 07-02-2005 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BFG9000
If you were comparing two year old used cars(eg 225HP TT vs. MCS), it would be a lot easier because Audis tend to depreciate to half their original cost in just two years. Wait that's a good reason for a new MCSc right now:wink:

My friend is selling his 2001 A6 Audi. He can't get anything for it and its in great shape with normal mileage. The dealers won't even take it in trade.
Thats not to say the MCS is a better match for what you want... test drive all you can...

1lesssuv 07-02-2005 05:09 PM

Cost no object I'd still go MCSCA. Audi still does not have the build quality or the fun factor. If you feel you NEED to spend more than a Mini costs I'd vote for the Lotus.

gbsher 07-02-2005 06:00 PM

It's going to be the Mini. What was I thinking? :grin:

ripley 07-02-2005 07:19 PM

I had a TT when they first camr out in 2000. Granted, it was a 180 hp model. It wa a really cool car. Fun to drive. And yes it was cramped inside. Ended up selling it about 18 months after I bought it. Why? Well, I needed a truck to be honest. Anyway, I took a bath on it. Lost my a**. A few years later, when I could afford another toy, I looked at several options including another TT. But the Mini was just too cool. And, for the price, you can't go wrong. Yes, the TT will go faster. But so will a dozen other cars. I bought the Mini. In fact I now have two. And the two are about what a TT would cost. Bottom line, for the money, Minis rule.