Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Steering Wheel RPM/Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Steering Wheel RPM/Speedo

Coming back from a Cars and Coffee I had the top fully retracted for the first time while driving since I bought the car. Don't have the Chrono/Nav option. Very sunny day, sun about directly overhead. Could not see the LED speed readout on the steering wheel gauge as the sun washed everything out. Had to look over at the center speedo that is a PIA. Been thinking about putting some colored tape strips to use the RPM needle to approximate speed.

Any ideas from other vert owners?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:59 PM
minintrigue
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There use to be a company that sold replacement guage face covers designed to alleviate that issue. Years ago I ordered a set ,and waited, and waited, and waited. Emailed, called, nothing. Never got them.

Although it was and is a great idea.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
On the freeway, 70 MPH is pretty easy as it about 2900 RPM. Thinking about putting a color dot for 60 in 6th and then a different color dot for 35 in 4th.