R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 P0700/ DSC Error (ABS?) Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 AM
jvietri
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0700/ DSC Error (ABS?) Help!

I have been getting the 3 light error (plus Service Engine Soon) light on my 2006 Cooper S Vert. I did a lot of reading and determined it was the wheel sensors. I did not know which sensor when bad, so I just Guess and replaced the right front. After replacing, the lights went out and everything was good for about a week. Then it did the same thing. So I replaced the front left sensor. Same thing the lights went out and everything was good. The the service engine soon light came on (and not the other three) and i pulled the code - P0700. I could not reset this with my OBD tool, so I took it into the dealer. They explained the code was a result from an error thrown from the front left wheel sensor. humm... The thought we should resent the p0700 code and see what happens. They did that and then a day later, the 3 lights came back on but no Service engine light has come back..

Additionally we have noticed that both the transmission and the brakes are acting funny every once in a while. What happens is we start to hear a clicking noise in the dash which is then if you step on the brake you can feel a pulsing. I am wondering if this is not an issue with the ABS system? I am not sure what to do here now as next steps. Would like not to go back to the dealer if i don't have to.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
joylove
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 04-02-2021, 03:24 PM
alex korbeck
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jvietri
I have been getting the 3 light error (plus Service Engine Soon) light on my 2006 Cooper S Vert. I did a lot of reading and determined it was the wheel sensors. I did not know which sensor when bad, so I just Guess and replaced the right front. After replacing, the lights went out and everything was good for about a week. Then it did the same thing. So I replaced the front left sensor. Same thing the lights went out and everything was good. The the service engine soon light came on (and not the other three) and i pulled the code - P0700. I could not reset this with my OBD tool, so I took it into the dealer. They explained the code was a result from an error thrown from the front left wheel sensor. humm... The thought we should resent the p0700 code and see what happens. They did that and then a day later, the 3 lights came back on but no Service engine light has come back..

Additionally we have noticed that both the transmission and the brakes are acting funny every once in a while. What happens is we start to hear a clicking noise in the dash which is then if you step on the brake you can feel a pulsing. I am wondering if this is not an issue with the ABS system? I am not sure what to do here now as next steps. Would like not to go back to the dealer if i don't have to.

WOW today truly is a Good Friday! I finally found someone who has the EXACT problem I have with my R53 2006. It seems the wheel sensors indeed are throwing the P0700 code!! My transmission shifts beautifully. I changed the fluid 3 times thinking I had bad trans fluid. I even added SeaFoam trans additive. I can clear the code but usually before 10 miles it comes back on making me further believe it’s the wheel sensors causing the PO700 code to reappear. Can you tell me what eventually eliminated the P0700 code? Did replacing all 4 wheel sensors solve the problem? Can’t wait for your reply! Thanks so much!!