North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006-8/)
-   -   R50/53 Two new MINI Commercials!!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006/9950-two-new-mini-commercials.html)

Cynamini 05-19-2003 08:20 PM

Anyone else catch these?

The first one was of a guy motorin' around San Francisco. He stops and opens up a can of soda and it explodes! :eek: The soda covers all the windows...he wipes off some to see through and keeps going. I believe it was a LY/Cooper.

The second is of a guy with a bulldog hanging out the passenger window. The camera pans back a bit and there is a cat there too. Everyone is just chillin' motorin' down the road. This one was a IB/S.

I think these were a bit watered down compared with the previous ads. Possibly trying to appeal to a different market?

My fav. will always be the bulldog sniffing the tailpipe! "Let's Get Acquainted" :lol:

:grin:

SuperMINI03 05-19-2003 08:25 PM

I have seen the second one on the internet, but I have yet to see any on the T.V. I have only seen the Italian Job one, but I don't think that really counts. :lol: :cry:

EliteCooperS 05-19-2003 08:36 PM

>>My fav. will always be the bulldog sniffing the tailpipe! "Let's Get Acquainted" :lol:

ya, wat happened to those?? those were only on for like a week??!?

i cant wait for the "Let's not overcompensate" one

vespa 05-19-2003 09:37 PM

That soda one sounds pretty apropos considering the MINI's "cupholders". :lol:

conecarver 05-20-2003 05:02 AM

I saw the Dog/Cat one last night... I thought it was great!!! Seems to me MINI has very short comercial runs here in the US.... then they are gone ;(

Donna/Mike 05-20-2003 05:06 AM

Hey - we haven't seen any of these commercials :smile: :smile: We might have to do some channel surfing :razz: :razz:

ToeKneeC67 05-20-2003 05:10 AM

The Soda one is one of the funniest commericals I've seen this year. You have to see it - it's already a classic.

moscowsuperstar 05-20-2003 05:17 AM

There's also a commercial (only one I've seen) that zooms in on an EB Cooper, then shows a man and a woman sit up from doin nasty stuff in a parking lot. When they mention how much room the car provides (while getting their clothes in order), another woman who was in the back seat agrees.

Anyone seen this? Not sure if it was in the first string of commercials.

OpusMini 05-20-2003 05:21 AM

>>Hey - we haven't seen any of these commercials :smile: :smile: We might have to do some channel surfing :razz: :razz:

I don't th ink I have ever seen a MINI commercial on television. I have seen them online but never on television. I did love the tailpipe commercial and their other marketing materials. When I first saw the print materials my reaction was -- These people get it. Those Python episodes in German took!

They might actually feel the need to start marketing. Maybe that's part of the sign how I might have moved from an August allocation to a late May allocation. (Please direct any good karma my way so this works out!)

I'll start a different thread for this but it makes me wonder what are people's nominees for best car commercial of all-time?

Tom

MINI-MadMan 05-20-2003 05:55 AM

>>There's also a commercial (only one I've seen) that zooms in on an EB Cooper, then shows a man and a woman sit up from doin nasty stuff in a parking lot. When they mention how much room the car provides (while getting their clothes in order), another woman who was in the back seat agrees.
>>
>>Anyone seen this? Not sure if it was in the first string of commercials.

Yes, I've seen that one. Twice in the last couple of weeks. Commented on it in another thread. Threesome in a MINI. How cool is that? :cool: :grin: Was it advertising MINI.ca, or MINI.com? The ones I've seen was for MINI.ca, on both Canadian and American channels.
Cheers,

kgdblu 05-20-2003 07:13 AM

Donna,
I saw the dog 'n' cat one and the soda one both within one program time slot...CBS Evening News last night between 7-7:30. I was amazed as I hadn't seen even one commercial in ages. I guess they're going for product recognition since "The Italian Job" is coming out soon.
They're both pretty funny, but the soda one is better. As for the 3some ad...I haven't seen that one. It could be that certain ones are only shown in paticular parts of the country, so others may see ads that we don't and vice versa.

Donna/Mike 05-20-2003 07:22 AM

Thanks Katie :smile:

Chow!

Donna :razz: :razz:

kgdblu 05-20-2003 07:35 AM

yer welcome, doll face!

http://www.circumcisionquotes.com/smilies/wave.gif

Cynamini 05-20-2003 02:18 PM

"Hey - we haven't seen any of these commercials Can you all give some insight on the times and channels and maybe what shows you were watching when they aired? We might have to do some channel surfing

Chow! "

I believe I was watching the Simpsons...on the Fox Ch.

:grin:

moscowsuperstar 05-21-2003 05:27 AM

>>Yes, I've seen that one. Twice in the last couple of weeks. Commented on it in another thread. Threesome in a MINI. How cool is that? :cool: :grin: Was it advertising MINI.ca, or MINI.com? The ones I've seen was for MINI.ca, on both Canadian and American channels.
>>Cheers,
>>

I was just in Canada last weekend, and I was able to catch it on one of the four channels I had in my hotel. Oddly enough, I also seen several billboards there supporting the Mini, but no actual cars. Sup with that? The only ones I seen on the road were all in the US (NY, MA, and CT) including a classic one in CT. That was a surprise.

Davbret 05-21-2003 01:51 PM

My partner is in Vancouver BC right now and was telling me how expensive the Coopers are there. Said the exchange rate puts them at around $19k for the base Coop!!! Gee, that would explain why you don't see alot of them cruising about in Canada. :eek:

R

VerucaSalt 05-21-2003 01:53 PM

TJ saw the soda one last night. He told me about it when he got home from work. It sounds great! I haven't seen either of them yet though.

kensmini 05-21-2003 02:13 PM

The "soda can" ad with the Lemon Yellow Cooper is the one that was filmed on my block last autumn. My Motoring Advisor phoned to tell me about it. I'm hoping to see it soon.

If there's an old brown house caught in a shot of the Cooper taking a left turn at high-speed, that's my house. Look for the "no war" sign in the window -- unless that was cut.

MCSurfer 05-21-2003 04:22 PM

They are hi larious! i'm glad to see minis on tv :eek: