North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006-8/)
-   -   R50/53 1st post, 1st MINI, 1st car I ever LOVED! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006/92950-1st-post-1st-mini-1st-car-i-ever-loved.html)

Roeri 02-22-2007 09:11 PM

1st post, 1st MINI, 1st car I ever LOVED!

Hello all,

Just got my '02 CR/MCS w/25k miles (white rims/roof/mirrors, sorry no pics yet) which is still unnamed. (Still haven't desiced if it's a boy or a girl) I am certain time will tell.

Anyways, I've been quietly reading through the pages upon pages of posts, some funny- some not so funny (pictures of wrecked Minis UGH) and I decided to post something finally. Unfortunatley I have nothing whatsoever to bring to the table other than a mediocre greeting and a tremendous love for the "critter" parked outside...

So now I am currently awaiting my "ACTUAL SIZE" stickers to arrive to give him/her some personality. and eventually plan on a few mods in the near future. Be sure to expect some questions from me when this time comes. You all have been a tremendous wealth of knowledge to me thus far and I thank you so much for just letting be quietly peruse the forums.

So if anyone spots a CR '02 MCS sans bonet/boot stripes around the Central Florida (Mostly Orlando- I work at the Hospital here) throw me a beep or five!

P.S. I really cannot decide wether or not to stripe him/her. Why is something so simple such a difficult decision?

P.S.S Seriously, what is with all the Chili Red hate? :) I love mine. It just simply looks happy!

P.S.S.S - You all have some beautiful Minis I hope you are all as proud as I am.

Kyle.

everytimeidie027 02-22-2007 09:18 PM

Welcome to NAM! Chili red hate? I never noticed. I think stripes would look good, just gotta find the right style, and good luck with the Naming!

bamatt 02-22-2007 09:20 PM

http://www.moodsmilies.com/smilies/happy/wavey.gif Welcome to NAM. Chili Red Rules http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/cool11.gif

SB 02-22-2007 09:36 PM

Chili Red is a very nice color and awesome when cleaned. Congrats. Now get it on a lift to see if it's a boy or girl so you can name it already. :razz:

Welcome to NAM.

Roeri 02-23-2007 04:46 AM

What characteristics have you all used to determine the "gender" of your Minis?

mmatarella 02-23-2007 04:53 AM

Congrats and welcome! I hope your car gives you much happy motoring!

Signed,
Another Chili Red fan :thumbsup:
Mark

BlimeyCabrio 02-23-2007 04:54 AM

All MINIs are boys. Otherwise the one-ball surgery wouldn't be an option.

Welcome and congratulations! The love just grows and grows...:nod:

CR&PW&JB 02-23-2007 05:02 AM

Welcome, Roeri !

I haven't noticed any hatred on the site for Chili Red, either. Maybe a little fun banter between posters about color preferences. :nod:

As far as the gender, Chili Red seems like a masculine color to me so I named my CR MC "Bergey" after the former middle linebacker of my favorite team, the Eagles. Our PW MC seemed like a female so my fiance named her "Pebbles" (tried to get me to name mine Bam-Bam but I wouldn't have anything to do with that).

Regarding bonnet and boot stripes, it's purely a personal preference. Take a look at some galleries and see what you think. You can start with mine. You'll see how a CR MINI with both bonnet and boot stripes looks. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are seriously MINI crazed so you'll fit right in around here. :nod:

Silverbullit 02-23-2007 05:10 AM

Welcome to NAM and congrats on ypur choice of rides. I doubt anyone hates CR, it's a great color choice. Enjoy your ride and have fun!!!

06MCS/DS/B

gokartride 02-23-2007 05:15 AM

Welcome to NAM and to the love affair!! Consider your choices for the youification of your MINI well...that's half the fun! Also...no one really hates CR. No one could (deep down) have anything but admiration for such an utterly classic Mini color combo.:nod: :cool:

resmini 02-23-2007 05:54 AM

Chili Red is great, it's a bright, cheerful color that I think fits the MINI's personality just right.

Enjoy your MINI.:thumbsup:

nixjosh2 02-23-2007 06:28 AM

Welcome, Chili red is nice but it is no pure silver:nod:

SOCRATES 02-23-2007 06:48 AM

Kyle,

Congrats on the new purchase! I'm in Orlando all of the time, I'll be on the lookout for you. Can't miss my GP. :)

erickvonzipper 02-23-2007 06:48 AM

Welcome, Roeri. CR is a nice color. I normally would never consider a red car, but for a while, it was what Obie was gonna be.

As far as naming goes, I have always believed that naming is something that just happens. When I was configuring my car on the computer back in early '05, I did a Cooper and an S, and a name came to me for each one, and they weren't interchangeable. Either the right name will just hit you, or something will happen that will involve a name that just fits. I personally don't believe in asking for suggestions for names, but that's just me.

Again, welcome.

Zip

resmini 02-23-2007 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by nixjosh2 (Post 1387418)
Welcome, Chili red is nice but it is no pure silver:nod:

Chili red is so nice even silver cars have Chili Red eyes.:thumbsup:

Red Scooter 02-23-2007 07:19 AM

One of the great characteristics of MINIs are the colors! In a sea of blah, IMO, MINIs bring zip and pop to a black-and-white world! :lol:

When I chose the color, I never swayed from Chili Red. It's just the color for me. +1 on Chili Red 'haters'...haven't seen any here!

On the name, I was thinking about a number of names...mostly English names...Winston, Simon...and one day (BEFORE I took delivery) it just came to me - JAKE. :grin:

Regarding male/female...well, I think you know...will know...because the name will come to you and it will be 'the one'...male or female...OR maybe genderless! :sly:

Go with your gut and welcome to the great world of MINI ownership and, of course, NAM! :thumbsup:

capnmini 02-23-2007 08:21 AM

i would think that an MCS would be a MALE since it has a supercharger acting as the big cahunas!:lol: :nod: :thumbsup:

batgirlwildcat 02-23-2007 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Roeri (Post 1387251)
What characteristics have you all used to determine the "gender" of your Minis?

My MINI wears pink, likes to accessorize, and loves attention from boys. She's all girl, with a few tomboy tendencies. Maybe a bit like her owner.

H.A.W.G. 02-23-2007 10:54 AM

Mine is female, I think it is just up to the owner to decide their favorite part of their car. Mine is female because of its beautiful curves. the stripes I think would be a good idea, they just help breakup the color a little and separate the Mini even more from other cars

Roeri 02-23-2007 01:47 PM

Than you all for the responses! I'm loving the community almost as much as the car now!

batgirlwildcat 02-23-2007 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Roeri (Post 1388291)
Than you all for the responses! I'm loving the community almost as much as the car now!

It's one of the perks of ownership. :grin:

shankrabbit 02-23-2007 02:16 PM

Welcome to NAM and mini ownership!

My baby is a girl cause she's very responsive to my touch and treats me very well. Her name is Claire.

I've always equated NAM as a big family you don't personally know. We can be sweet, we can be tempermental, we can be mean... but in the end we're all mini owning family with lots of stuff in common.

dimini 02-23-2007 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by shankrabbit (Post 1388355)
Welcome to NAM and mini ownership!

...I've always equated NAM as a big family you don't personally know. We can be sweet, we can be tempermental, we can be mean... but in the end we're all mini owning family with lots of stuff in common.

Ditto! and welcome to the madness.

Rawhyde 02-23-2007 08:52 PM

I originally wanted British Racing Green, but when I made my initial visit to the dealership, I saw a CR/W and decided on the spot to get that combination. Chili Red is great, but it needs stripes, roof graphics, and a chrome grille to break it up some. I saw a CR/CR MCS with the OEM CR grille and CR mirrors...too much red.

MINIs look best when they're a little gaudy and overdone. Thank God they don't make them in that horrible metallic beige that every other auto manufacturer buys in trainload quantities!

Rawhyde

Orca 02-23-2007 10:02 PM

Hello fellow Mini driver! My Pepper looks great with the Mini Motoring Hearts Badge I got for community volunteering. If you haven't seen one yet check it out on miniusa.com and get yourself a badge and a glad heart at the same time..just keep drivin drivin drivin...