North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006-8/)
-   -   R50/53 Gold-digging thieves MINI dealerships thread (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006/55968-gold-digging-thieves-mini-dealerships-thread.html)

The MINITOR 11-28-2005 02:32 PM

Gold-digging thieves MINI dealerships thread

So the little round inside door reflector is missing on my MCS and I cant stand the little things like that so I call the dealer (NW Mini) to order a new one. They are charging me $12!!! What a frickin ripoff. It should be like $1. I couldnt find anything else that would fit and want it so I paid, but I just wanted to share how thievish and gold digging MINI dealers really are. I'm surprised they don't charge us a pen rental fee for using their pen when we sign the paperwork. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I do like how those little angry faces dance though.:nod:

Any other outrageous little charges out there that you would like to share?

not-so-rednwhitecooper 11-28-2005 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jeffroestobar
So the little round inside door reflector is missing on my MCS and I cant stand the little things like that so I call the dealer (NW Mini) to order a new one. They are charging me $12!!! What a frickin ripoff. It should be like $1. I couldnt find anything else that would fit and want it so I paid, but I just wanted to share how thievish and gold digging MINI dealers really are. I'm surprised they don't charge us a pen rental fee for using their pen when we sign the paperwork. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

go return them, i have a set of new MCS ones that i swiped from my MC before i sold it. :thumbsup:

The MINITOR 11-28-2005 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper
go return them, i have a set of new MCS ones that i swiped from my MC before i sold it. :thumbsup:

White or red? I need the white ones, and are you willing to part with one for cheap?

not-so-rednwhitecooper 11-28-2005 02:40 PM

white MCS ones, cooper ones are red

just pay shipping in an envelope they are useless to me, i already have some in my car

not-so-rednwhitecooper 11-28-2005 02:45 PM

The MINITOR 11-28-2005 02:48 PM

Rick, you saved the day again. First your engine bay pics yesterday, and now this. You are the man. If you PM me your address I will mail you a self adressed and stamped envelope today.

:mad: TAKE THAT NW MINI!!! YOU'RE NOT GETTING MY MONEY!!! (well not today at least)

The MINITOR 11-28-2005 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper

0?

ravenfish 11-28-2005 03:09 PM

beware of the restocking fee :lol: :lol: :lol:

The MINITOR 11-28-2005 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by ravenfish
beware of the restocking fee :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I caught them before the charged it. But if there is a $20 restocking fee for the $12 order I'll burn the place down I swear. Free MINI's for everyone!

mdsbrain 11-28-2005 03:24 PM

Rick saves the day:thumbsup:

PurplePeopleEater 11-28-2005 03:33 PM

I agree that $12 is a lot for a little reflector, but they were probably charging you the list price for the part. For future OEM parts, try calling Classic MINI and they will sell for 20% off. . .

Even better though is a NAM member willing to help a friend out! :thumbsup:

kseckel99 11-28-2005 04:47 PM

Missing a valve cap

I noticed the other day one of my 'S' valve cap ends is missing. Wonder how much that puppy would cost? :roll:

:thumbsup:

not-so-rednwhitecooper 11-28-2005 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater
I agree that $12 is a lot for a little reflector, but they were probably charging you the list price for the part. For future OEM parts, try calling Classic MINI and they will sell for 20% off. . .

Even better though is a NAM member willing to help a friend out! :thumbsup:

i got mine at classic, they are still 7 dollars a pop.

The MINITOR 11-28-2005 04:50 PM

Rick, the not-so-rednwhitecooper, is The Man!

What a swell guy. Sending them for free and not even letting me pay for shipping.:nod: If only the dealership could learn from your generousity.

RICK IS THE MAN!

not-so-rednwhitecooper 11-28-2005 04:52 PM

What a swell guy. Sending them for free and not even letting me pay for shipping.:nod: If only the dealership could learn from your generousity.

RICK IS THE MAN!

Yeah i hear hes a good guy. :wink: :razz:

theroyalwe 11-28-2005 05:10 PM

if there is a $20 restocking fee for the $12 order I'll burn the place down I swear. Free MINI's for everyone!

I'll burn this place down