North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006-8/)
-   -   R50/53 anyone have any experience with pacesetter headers or exhaust (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006/336002-anyone-have-any-experience-with-pacesetter-headers-or-exhaust.html)

Aabaco_R53 02-13-2019 06:52 AM

anyone have any experience with pacesetter headers or exhaust

as the name states... i know theres better brands out there... i like the sound of the invidia and the millitek but i can get a header and exhaust through pacesetter for what just the exhaust costs from those guys... so my question is does anyone have any experience with them, how do they sound? how do they hold up? how is the drone inside the cab? ive ran pacesetter headers and exhaust on other vehicles before and never had issues, but they were all V8's of course... only thing i ran into was rust on one of my tow rigs because of salt water... but the mini wont be swimming LOL

Aabaco_R53 02-15-2019 10:42 AM

Bump because no one responded

veedubpat 02-15-2019 11:21 AM

I don't personally have experience with any of the MINI headers, however from the online research I have done, the primary complaint and reason for failure in general is a too-small flex section. There seems to be two distinctly different offerings from all the cheapo brands (and they're all the same essentially) - one with a small pancake looking flex section, and then others with a longer and more appropriate flex piping area. The folks with the smaller flex section seem to have nearly all reported failure / leaking, while the others seemed pleased with their purchases.

Beyond that, the fancy ones are tuned to scavenge exhaust pulses and thus make power.

Aabaco_R53 02-15-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by veedubpat (Post 4450665)
I don't personally have experience with any of the MINI headers, however from the online research I have done, the primary complaint and reason for failure in general is a too-small flex section. There seems to be two distinctly different offerings from all the cheapo brands (and they're all the same essentially) - one with a small pancake looking flex section, and then others with a longer and more appropriate flex piping area. The folks with the smaller flex section seem to have nearly all reported failure / leaking, while the others seemed pleased with their purchases.

Beyond that, the fancy ones are tuned to scavenge exhaust pulses and thus make power.

thank you

Brandon Williams 06-26-2019 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aabaco_R53 (Post 4450657)

Bump because no one responded

I have a pacesetter exhaust on my car I've posted videos on youtube just search r53 pace setter Monza exhaust they should come up

tc1728 06-26-2019 06:44 PM

I knew some people with Pacesetter headers and exhaust back when I was in the GTO (last gen 2000's model release) crowd. Fit and finish was never great but it worked and it was not expensive.But anything less restrictive than stock will make some extra power and provide more sound.