North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006-8/)
-   -   R50/53 App not working (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006/286416-app-not-working.html)

NYMADMINI 04-11-2015 03:24 PM

App not working

Anybody else having this problem? I have an iPhone 6 and can't open most threads...Keep getting an error. Works fine from my computer but really liked that this site has an app (I'm new here) To the moderators; any app updates planned?

cerenkov 04-11-2015 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by NYMADMINI (Post 4068007)
Anybody else having this problem? I have an iPhone 6 and can't open most threads...Keep getting an error. Works fine from my computer but really liked that this site has an app (I'm new here) To the moderators; any app updates planned?

I have the "parsing" error. Only on some threads. This has happened before and in the past if I deleted and reinstalled the app it would fix it but not this time. I've reinstalled twice and still sucks.

Your right, the app is more convenient than a computer most of the time.

NYMADMINI 04-11-2015 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by cerenkov (Post 4068017)
I have the "parsing" error. Only on some threads. This has happened before and in the past if I deleted and reinstalled the app it would fix it but not this time. I've reinstalled twice and still sucks. Your right, the app is more convenient than a computer most of the time.

That's the same error I keep getting. For some reason the first week or so I had the app I never got that error and now I get it on almost every thread. I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling the app but based on your experience that doesn't seem like a solution. Hoping for a fix....

Gafer 04-12-2015 07:53 AM

+1. I've found that it happens if I'm on a thread and I switch from wifi to my cell network, that brief gap in signal puts the error on that thread. Idk why, but that's the common factor in this dang parse error :(

MarioKart 04-12-2015 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This happens often to me on wifi or cell, and only on the APP. Also, I notice it doesn't let me post the same picture twice or more than one picture per reply. The worst, is when I write a long thread, and it erases eve thing and goes into some odd limp mode. mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

jgk6502 04-13-2015 07:28 AM

This has been happening to me too for the last few weeks. Seems to be when you go to page 2 of the thread or defaults to showing you a page other than 1. Probably some type of advertisement injection that the iPhone app can't handle

amit 04-13-2015 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by MarioKart (Post 4068203)
This happens often to me on wifi or cell, and only on the APP. Also, I notice it doesn't let me post the same picture twice or more than one picture per reply. The worst, is when I write a long thread, and it erases eve thing and goes into some odd limp mode. mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

I have the error from time to time and it's annoying! Most persons spend time on their mobile phone (especially us younger gen.) so the app is definitely more convenient.

minibluez 04-18-2015 03:22 PM

+1 getting really annoying. I've reinstalled too but no luck.

IB Jose 04-24-2015 09:59 AM

Hi folks, posted an announcement regarding the app errors.