North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006-8/)
-   -   R50/53 Just fixed my passenger door lock! Woo hoo! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006/215340-just-fixed-my-passenger-door-lock-woo-hoo.html)

ryangschultz 08-07-2011 01:39 PM

Just fixed my passenger door lock! Woo hoo!

So I just replaced the passenger door lock actuator on my 2004 R50 and the locks work like a charm! The remote was not unlocking the passenger side, only locking it.

The fuses checked out so I picked up an actuator for a little over $100 from bavauto and boom, finally installed it and works great.

Here's the DIY guide I used if anyone is interested, no pics but excellent excellent guide.

Phucket 08-07-2011 01:55 PM

I know exactly how you fell, I just got my drivers side lock fixed after over a year of ownership. It is so nice to have key-less entry back.

ryangschultz 08-07-2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Phucket (Post 3337294)
I know exactly how you fell, I just got my drivers side lock fixed after over a year of ownership. It is so nice to have key-less entry back.

Oo that stinks, I would have to have it fixed within a week if it were the driver's side haha. This is my first car with keyless entry so I wanted to get the passenger lock fixed, I love it.

Phucket 08-07-2011 07:38 PM

I would have loved to but there were more major mechanical issues that needed attention first. Besides I just went old fashioned on it and used the key.

ryangschultz 08-07-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Phucket (Post 3337449)
I would have loved to but there were more major mechanical issues that needed attention first. Besides I just went old fashioned on it and used the key.

Gotta do what you gotta do!

snowmanmini 08-29-2011 06:42 PM

My passenger door just starting not unlocking, I can hear it click with the remote or toggle switch. Locks fine, won't unlock...actuator?

ryangschultz 08-29-2011 08:13 PM

That's exactly the problem I had, so most likely yes, the actuator. It's about $100 for the part and 2-3 hours for the installation if you do it yourself.

snowmanmini 09-09-2011 07:42 PM

Swapped it out tonight and everything works great! Mini sent out a $50 off coupon which i used at the dealer so the actuator was about $78 including tax. They were surprised by the coupon, but honored it.

Did anyone else get that coupon? It was good towards a part or service.

ryangschultz 09-09-2011 07:51 PM

Wow awesome! I've never heard of that haha. You made out pretty darn good then, congrats!

jaqattack02 09-10-2011 03:40 PM

Has anyone had problems with the passenger lock not working right when you pull the inside door handle? My car lock when you start moving, and then when you pull the door handle the first time it unlocks the door, the 2nd time it opens the door. The passenger side has started not unlocking all the way. When you pull the handle it pops the little button most of the way up, but it doesn't unlock. If you hit the unlock switch it pops it the rest of the way up and lets you open the door. The keyless entry works fine too. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

jcharming80 02-26-2014 04:06 PM

Door locks click but won't unlock

Everything locks with keyless remote but nothing unlocks with the remote. Toggle switch clicks but no action on either door just the back hatch. Would both actuators go at the same time? I want to order what I need but don't want to throw $300 in to it if something else could be wrong. Fuses are fine. I do hear the clicking from what sounds to be by the glove box area. Is there a relay under there some where? Please Help!!!:eek:

jcharming80 04-04-2014 07:29 PM

Just replaced both actuators and both remote and switch on console work perfect. If your switch on the console does not unlock either door but you can hear it click then you likely need to replace 1 or both actuators. 1 bit of info if you do replace them, there is a bolt on the bottom of each door that you have to loosen in order to move the window track back. You have to do this in order for the actuator to come past the window guide. Mark with a sharpie the location of the position in order to line back up. Otherwise your window glass may be a bit out of whack.
Thanks for all of those who posted solutions.
Took a little longer on the driver side but about 30 minutes on the passenger side. If anyone is changing these out and have questions on making it easier, post here and I'm sure I can make it easier for you!