North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006-8/)
-   -   R50/53 Mini High pressure head light system (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r50-r53-hatch-talk-2002-2006/1702-mini-high-pressure-head-light-system.html)

billyg 09-19-2002 10:03 AM

hi all, i have noticed that i am seeing some with and some without the head light cleaning system(you can tell by the bezel around the head light).In my Canadian Brochure the xnon head lights and the high pressure wash system is both standard on the mini "s" and the Mini. Is this not the case in the US models?

Thx Bill :roll:

Mardav 09-19-2002 10:20 AM

>>hi all, i have noticed that i am seeing some with and some without the head light cleaning system(you can tell by the bezel around the head light).In my Canadian Brochure the xnon head lights and the high pressure wash system is both standard on the mini "s" and the Mini. Is this not the case in the US models?
>>
>>Thx Bill :roll:
Hi Bill,
The xenon lights and washers are an option in the U.S.

Jay 09-19-2002 10:32 AM

The Xenon headlights with the power washers are a $500 option in the U.S. They are also included in the sport package on the MCS.

Jay :smile:

jlm 09-19-2002 04:33 PM

has anyone observed the headlight washers in action?

aVjai 09-19-2002 04:43 PM

Yeah the xenon and that washing thing at the headlight it come with it :smile:
that's ROCK

Verruckt 09-19-2002 04:47 PM

>>has anyone observed the headlight washers in action?

Yeah, it's tres cool and also kinda funny, in an endearing sort of MINI way. :smile:

Someone posted a link to a short video of it somewhere on this site. My attempts at searching have not met with success, but maybe yours will!

DrkSlvrS 09-19-2002 09:40 PM

That thing should only be used at speed ... if you fire it off when you're stopped it will spray you and everything around you. I tried it in my garage and had to wipe down the car and kids bikes afterward.

Rocketboy_X 09-19-2002 11:05 PM

>>That thing should only be used at speed ... if you fire it off when you're stopped it will spray you and everything around you. I tried it in my garage and had to wipe down the car and kids bikes afterward.

Man, am I glad I don't have that option... i would SO abuse it... :evil:

Rocketboy_X

zwoman 09-22-2002 02:44 PM

I can't get mine to work!!! I can hear them (and my husband sees them) coming out, but they don't actually wash. I'll have to mention it when I get to my 10K mile checkup. Anyone else experience this?

Pflashinaz 09-22-2002 03:02 PM

zwoman, check to see if the reservoir is filled up. About the second time I was showing how they work the fluid ran dry.

zwoman 09-22-2002 04:36 PM

>>zwoman, check to see if the reservoir is filled up. About the second time I was showing how they work the fluid ran dry.

Yeah, I filled it up as soon as I got it. Seems they forgot that at the dealer, hmm. Do they empty quickly? I might have not noticed it do it while I was driving or something. Mine won't do it every time, either. Lights on, wash the windshields, and maybe one of three times they'll pop out w/o washing. :sad: thanks for the feeddback, though!