North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   SCCA Solo and ProSolo (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/scca-solo-and-prosolo-199/)
-   -   Pro Solo Wendover Prosolo, where is everyone? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/scca-solo-and-prosolo/76747-wendover-prosolo-where-is-everyone.html)

OasisT 08-17-2006 08:21 PM

Wendover Prosolo, where is everyone?

We need at least 5, where the heck is everyone?

Come on guys, its no fun playing by yourself, I know Barclay is out, so, there will only be three of us if it stands as entered.

Anyone planning on going?

MattMan 08-18-2006 08:13 AM

Barclay is gone too??? Man, that sucks. We lost two people right at the last bit. I was trying to talk at least 2 more guys from our UT region with no luck.

:confused:

nygaard 08-18-2006 10:48 AM

how much is it worth to you guys? :lol: Shal and I could be there in about 12 hours :wink:

OasisT 08-18-2006 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by MattMan
Barclay is gone too??? Man, that sucks. We lost two people right at the last bit. I was trying to talk at least 2 more guys from our UT region with no luck.

:confused:

Matt

I will pay their entry. Get them there before 8am and I'll bring cash. :-) We need a full class.:nod:

Craig

OasisT 08-18-2006 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by nygaard
how much is it worth to you guys? :lol: Shal and I could be there in about 12 hours :wink:

$200, but, you would need to split contingencies and promise to bag lots of sand. lol

Craig

MattMan 08-21-2006 08:11 AM

Yeah, too bad I wasn't able to get my buddies out there racing. Would've been great to be able to hit the super challenge. I didn't even realize that all three of us would've been in if it wasn't for being short 2. Thanks for the pointers and tips for my first Pro. Hopefully I'll make it out to Nationals if I can make my work schedule around it.

Thanks again, it was a lot of fun. I have a new goal to make it to the finale Pro next year now.

It was nice meeting you both Craig and Graeme.

OasisT 08-21-2006 07:01 PM

Yeah, too bad I wasn't able to get my buddies out there racing. Would've been great to be able to hit the super challenge. I didn't even realize that all three of us would've been in if it wasn't for being short 2. Thanks for the pointers and tips for my first Pro. Hopefully I'll make it out to Nationals if I can make my work schedule around it.

Thanks again, it was a lot of fun. I have a new goal to make it to the finale Pro next year now.

It was nice meeting you both Craig and Graeme.

Nice to meet you as well Matt, great driving too. You'll have no problem at all making the Finale next year if you continue to drive like you did this past weekend!! See you next season.

Craig

MiniAutoXr 08-23-2006 03:16 PM

Yes, applause to Matt for making Craig and Graeme work for it this weekend. Those of us without 40 points already were pulling for you. :wink: I notice that you had a coned run that was fast enough to have won had it been clean.

That may answer your question about the necessity of buying the $2400 shocks....what is another couple tenths worth to you?

Jeff Jacobs

OasisT 08-23-2006 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by MiniAutoXr
what is another couple tenths worth to you?

Jeff Jacobs

Unfortunately, at the Wendover Event, nothing. lol Unless your talking points, then its worth anywhere from 4-7 points depending on who you are talking to. :-)

MattMan 08-24-2006 11:12 AM

Yeah, if clean I would've been right up there, but a dirty run is a dirty run. On that note, I bet I could get even better raw times if I straight lined the slalom and just hit every cone. :wink:

Haha, I can tell you this much, $2400 for shocks isn't worth the tenths this year. I might have to just bite the bullet next year and get'em. My Mini is a bit heavier than most, sunroof, leather and more minor options, so my Mini will be at a disadvantage here and there over those that ordered their Mini stripped for autocross. It's not enough to really complain, but hey I'm doing this more for the fun than anything else. :grin::grin: Which I had more than enough of over the weekend. Really guys, thanks for the pointers and help. Jeff, I think your pointers on the launch REALLY helped. I was so confused at first, but it really clicked. Though, the right side was a bit tricky due to my car rolling a bit, ended up in a RL on Sunday because of it. Do all of you E-brake it at the start? Cause it's an overload for me. I can barely focus on the tree. :impatient

OasisT 08-24-2006 11:21 AM

Do all of you E-brake it at the start? Cause it's an overload for me. I can barely focus on the tree. :impatient

Typically, unless the start line is on a hill, you don't have to worry about the E-Brake. On the right side, I was simply staging 1 foot to the right to get out of the groove area and I had no issues with rolling.

Anyway, Matt, very impressive driving indeed. I am looking forward to a re-match next season. :wink:

Craig

MattMan 08-24-2006 11:24 AM

That may answer your question about the necessity of buying the $2400 shocks....what is another couple tenths worth to you?

Jeff Jacobs

Here's a newbie question, how much life can I expect out of a set of dual adjustable $2400 Konis?

Built-by-Bones 08-24-2006 11:29 AM

Matt

on the ebrake - I am in the habit of using the ebrake at every single event at the line, just a couple of clicks to stop the car rolling.

That way, any event where an ebrake is needed (Denver and Fontana 05) it is second nature and does not require any driver adjustment.

Life expectancy on Koni DA's? I have run them on my 05 MCS since July 06. So about 700 miles later they are still great. :lol:

No idea on a daily driver though.

Grant

TomA 08-24-2006 01:59 PM

Don't know if this has any real value but interesting nonetheless. In GS and HS cars shod with kumhos had better 60 F/Ts then those listed with Hoosiers.

Tom A

MiniAutoXr 08-28-2006 08:03 PM

Regarding lifetime of the DA Konis -- I've driven all over the country with them and they hold up fine. It's that one bad hit on a pot hole that might...or might not...do them in. I think it's a fairly luck-of-the-draw thing.

Regaring 60' times on the tires...the Kumhos still hook up at the line better than the Hoosiers. In my opinion, the Hoosiers make it up later on course, but overall they're probably pretty close.

MiniAutoXr 08-28-2006 08:06 PM

For grins and giggles, I posted some video from Wendover during the challenge:

http://home.comcast.net/~cablelawyer/AutoXVids.html

Also some video from the Denver Tour on there and a run at a DC Region event at FedEx in the 06 Civic Si. Yes, that's the stock exhaust.

OasisT 08-28-2006 08:19 PM

For grins and giggles, I posted some video from Wendover during the challenge:

http://home.comcast.net/~cablelawyer/AutoXVids.html

Also some video from the Denver Tour on there and a run at a DC Region event at FedEx in the 06 Civic Si. Yes, that's the stock exhaust.

Cool video, I might just make it a habit to start watching video at Pro's of my co-drivers runs to see where I might pick up some time. Very cool.

TomA 08-29-2006 08:46 AM

I second the cool video. Have one from Milwaukee you can post :nod: