North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   SCCA Solo and ProSolo (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/scca-solo-and-prosolo-199/)
-   -   Pro Solo Mini's at Nationals? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/scca-solo-and-prosolo/47073-minis-at-nationals.html)

Built-by-Bones 07-15-2005 09:20 AM

Mini's at Nationals?

I know that most everyone prefers to hang out with friends from their own region. Does anyone fancy getting the Mini's together in the paddock?

I offer our enclosed trailer and fake plastic grass as a central meeting point.

Post up if you are going to Nationals, what dates, how many Mini's/drivers, and if you want me to reserve space (if there is enough interest) for a Mini gang in the paddock.

less than two months now,

Grant "Bones" Barclay

Felix of Conifer 07-15-2005 10:44 AM

Grant, Won't you be racing:confused: Felix

OasisT 07-15-2005 10:48 AM

Grant

You can count me in and Ryan Barnard as well, so, thats 2 additional spots together. How many do we need to get a space reserved early? A good spot in Paddock is always nice to have. I'll also have my enclosed trailer there as well with generator and air compressor, and, we have (2) 4 person golf carts reserved from the 9th-16th. :smile:

Now we just need a front row spot with a nice Air Conditioned RV with a viewing area up top! :-))
Craig

So, here is my list...

Craig Wilcox #198 GS Sept 9-16
Ryan Barnard #98 GS Sept 9-16

Of course, let me know if this doesn't happen, and, I'll see if I can get there real early on Friday to reserve us all something in person if possible.

Tirewarmer 07-15-2005 11:00 AM

Great idea Grant. You can count me and my new codriver Josh Parker(He usually drives the CRX that came in 5th at the Devens tour) in. That's 2 more spots.

Craig, you're trailer doesn't have an observation deck on it?

Joe Oliveira

OasisT 07-15-2005 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tirewarmer

Craig, you're trailer doesn't have an observation deck on it?

Joe Oliveira

Unfortunately it doesn't. When I bought the trailer last year, I really just bought it for use as a billboard for my salon's, and of course the ocassional road trip, so, I didn't consider this option when purchasing. I wonder if I can add that to the trailer? Probably would be too much for the return anyway, especially if we were anywhere except front row.

Built-by-Bones 07-15-2005 11:32 AM

Felix, we will have the 2005 Cooper S there for GS and the Ladies.

Keep posting your names guys, I will use this tab to compile a list of the Mini gang.

I think with some of us arriving early for the ProSolo we should get a reasonable spot. But I'm not politically well enough connected to get the front rows. :razz:

OasisT 07-15-2005 11:55 AM

Since I'm only 90 miles away, maybe I could switch my work assignment to paddock setup. I think those guys really got the pickin for what spots they wantedlast year if I heard correctly.

cincymcs 07-15-2005 11:58 AM

Nats

Originally Posted by OasisT
When I bought the trailer last year, I really just bought it for use as a billboard for my salon's, .

Having seen it personally, I can attest that it's one helluva good-looking billboard.:grin:

Count me in as well.......I just don't know whether I'll be at Nats in an MC or an MCS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that you could only reserve close-in paddock spots for a max of two people, otherwise you had to go to the back rows.

Jim Zeisler

OasisT 07-15-2005 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by cincymcs
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that you could only reserve close-in paddock spots for a max of two people, otherwise you had to go to the back rows.

Jim Zeisler

You know, your probably right. So, maybe worrying about paddock placement shouldn't be a concern since were probably stuck towards the back anyway.

nygaard 07-15-2005 12:28 PM

Better count me in for now - I'll be there the whole time. Head count so far would be two - myself and my girlfriend running in GSL.

BGarfield 07-16-2005 06:10 AM

I'll be there the whooole week, but as tradition goes, I will be with my usual clan. However, I'll be stopping by often if you guys don't mind :thumbsup:

Yeah, the front is reserved for something, can't quite remember what. I believe it's all the event officials and some vendors, etc. With all the golf carts, it really doesn't matter. I find it better to be further back to reserve a larger area.

I'm going to be announcer this year....Maybe I'll get H Stock :cool:

Brian

slangager 07-19-2005 12:39 PM

I'm hoping to get out there. Of course, I'm still waiting on my new wheels and tires to arrive before I can do anything. As unpredictable as Kumho has been the tires might not arrive until after Nationals....:cry:

It's a long trip from San Francisco so I always have a hard time justifying this type of madness. Anyway, I'm optimistic.... If I do make it to Nationals this year Lorin Mueller will be co-driving my car in HS. :thumbsup:

Stuart

slangager 08-12-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by slangager
I'm hoping to get out there. Of course, I'm still waiting on my new wheels and tires to arrive before I can do anything. As unpredictable as Kumho has been the tires might not arrive until after Nationals....:cry:

It's a long trip from San Francisco so I always have a hard time justifying this type of madness. Anyway, I'm optimistic.... If I do make it to Nationals this year Lorin Mueller will be co-driving my car in HS. :thumbsup:

Stuart

Just got off the phone with TireRack.......215/40 16 Kumho 710's will now not be in until Sept 19th. I didn't get any of this last batch and I've been trying since early May(did I mention that I really hate this part of racing!!! :mad:) Anyway, this pretty much means I will not be attending Nationals this year. Chances are the winner will be on Kumhos and I'm not willing to go down the Hoosier road.

Anyway, I've got a beautiful new set of Rota's just waiting for tires.....Guess I'll play in STS for the winter and see what the summer brings.

Best of luck to everyone going to Nationals.

Stuart

Motoring 08-12-2005 01:30 PM

I managed to get enought tires for Nationals, but not for the Finale... Oh well, I don't have a shot to win the Pro championship, so it's just practice anyway.

BGarfield 08-12-2005 05:52 PM

Stuart,
I have a set of S05's with 16 Pro Solo runs on them, two heat cycles. They've been hanging in my garage since Atlanta (where, BTW as a data point, I beat Mark who was on Kumhos).
The problem with the S05's is NOT that they aren't competitive, it's that they are more expensive and don't last for *#%!

I'm going to offer them to you on the following conditions:
1) I will bring them with me and you can have them for free!
2) BUT, if you or Lorin trophy, I'd like $200 for them.

If they suck (they're not going to), you didn't have to pay for them, but if you guys do well, you get them cheap...
What do you think? See you at Nationals??

Brian

slangager 08-12-2005 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by BGarfield
Stuart,
I have a set of S05's with 16 Pro Solo runs on them, two heat cycles. They've been hanging in my garage since Atlanta (where, BTW as a data point, I beat Mark who was on Kumhos).
The problem with the S05's is NOT that they aren't competitive, it's that they are more expensive and don't last for *#%!

I'm going to offer them to you on the following conditions:
1) I will bring them with me and you can have them for free!
2) BUT, if you or Lorin trophy, I'd like $200 for them.

If they suck (they're not going to), you didn't have to pay for them, but if you guys do well, you get them cheap...
What do you think? See you at Nationals??

Brian

Brian,
Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure I want to drive 3600 miles to compete on used tires but it's definately something to think about... Let me see if I can sell that to my wife and I'll get back to you. :confused:

Stuart

satay-ayam 08-21-2005 05:24 AM

I sent in my registration for Nationals, but not the Pro. It will be my first time there.

It looks like I'll have enough V710 left for Nationals, if it rains though, I have no backup. But then, I'm not expecting to be in the hunt for anything other than DFL, so it's all good :lol:

-Roger Booth, HS #61 (or 63 or 91 or whatever I end up getting)

Built-by-Bones 08-24-2005 07:49 AM

Well guys,

just three weeks until GS runs, a little less for the ProFinale.

I have it on good standing that you can reserve spots for yourself and two other drivers when you arrive and organize paddock space. So a little difficult to arrange a heap of space for Mini drivers.

My plan is to arrive by mid-thursday, and I will ask for space a few rows back, I will mention that we expect about 10 Mini's and hope the nice paddock people leave a little space around me to fit the Mini's in.

So those Mini's arriving early for the Pro should be able to help reserve space for the Mini encampment. And those coming just for the Nats on Thurs/fri might be able to snag some spots vacated by the Tues/Wed drivers.

Glad to hear my exhorbitant use of plastic in May has been worthwhile. We have enough sets of V710's to run fresh rubber every day if needed.

See you in Topeka

Grant
GS # 99
car owner for GSL 99 and GSL 199

OasisT 08-24-2005 10:51 PM

Grant

If I arrive around 2PM on Friday as I hope to do, then, Ryan and I will help reserve spots as well for the guys showing up later on.

Craig

OasisT 08-31-2005 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Built-by-Bones
Well guys,

just three weeks until GS runs, a little less for the ProFinale.

I have it on good standing that you can reserve spots for yourself and two other drivers when you arrive and organize paddock space. So a little difficult to arrange a heap of space for Mini drivers.

My plan is to arrive by mid-thursday, and I will ask for space a few rows back, I will mention that we expect about 10 Mini's and hope the nice paddock people leave a little space around me to fit the Mini's in.

So those Mini's arriving early for the Pro should be able to help reserve space for the Mini encampment. And those coming just for the Nats on Thurs/fri might be able to snag some spots vacated by the Tues/Wed drivers.

Glad to hear my exhorbitant use of plastic in May has been worthwhile. We have enough sets of V710's to run fresh rubber every day if needed.

See you in Topeka

Grant
GS # 99
car owner for GSL 99 and GSL 199

Grant

Ryan and I will be there Thursday now as well since I have gate duty on Friday from 6AM-8AM, so, we can reserve 6 spots total, and, with you, Mary(?) and Carol(?), and maybe Jake and Shalyn thats another 9-15 spots for a total of 15-21 spots that we can reserve. I think we should make a list of names, and who is going to reserve for who so we can get things nicely coordinated. :0)

Built-by-Bones 09-02-2005 08:41 AM

Got my Solo welcome newsletter last night.

If I understand correctly then I can reserve space for myself and two others but they cannot then reserve space? Is that correct?

And there is little chance of the first 5 rows. Rows 1 - 3 are for chiefs, stewards, vendors, and "100 percenters" (what?) and then rows 4 and 5 will go to copmpetitors reserving "single space".

Still I plan on arriving early Thursday am.

So I will reserve a space for myself, one for Carol (she is driving in Friday) and one for Craig W.

Hopefully Mary can then reserve space (I think she arrives Thursday) for herself and two others (she is a chief of something)

When Craig and Ryan arrive, then Ryan can reserve space for himself and two others next to us. maybe Jake N.

Some of the CO guys are arriving on Thursday and I will try to get positioned near them so we can hopefully secure a large block for the Mini's.

Sound like a plan?

Grant

gowest 09-02-2005 12:45 PM

Courtney and I will be there all week so I will look for you guys. He's in the Pro but I'm not.

nygaard 09-02-2005 01:11 PM

If I understand correctly then I can reserve space for myself and two others but they cannot then reserve space? Is that correct?

And there is little chance of the first 5 rows. Rows 1 - 3 are for chiefs, stewards, vendors, and "100 percenters" (what?) and then rows 4 and 5 will go to copmpetitors reserving "single space".

So I will reserve a space for myself, one for Carol (she is driving in Friday) and one for Craig W.

Hopefully Mary can then reserve space (I think she arrives Thursday) for herself and two others (she is a chief of something)

When Craig and Ryan arrive, then Ryan can reserve space for himself and two others next to us. maybe Jake N.

Some of the CO guys are arriving on Thursday and I will try to get positioned near them so we can hopefully secure a large block for the Mini's.

Sound like a plan?

Grant

Yeah - hook me up with a spot by you and Craig. We should be getting in Thursday evening - probably after gates are closed, but we'll be there Fri AM.

Jake

OasisT 09-02-2005 01:56 PM

Sound like a plan?

Grant

Actually I'll be there Thursday as well Grant, so, if you have another name besides mine, reserve it under their name, that will get us an extra spot. Who wants me to reserve their spot? Ryan and I can hold 4 spots total, so, I'll make one of them Jake and one Shalyn???

Craig

nygaard 09-02-2005 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by OasisT
I'll make one of them Jake and one Shalyn???

Craig

Sounds good to me :thumbsup: