Pro Solo So what happened in Oscoda?

Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what happened in Oscoda?

There are no results posted for Sunday. I looked Saturday and noticed Jacobs and Garfield 1/2 in GS with times better than DS, and also I had noticed results with Chiles/Potocki 1/2 in HS. Even STX was lead by Cormier in the MCS, so things were good for the Mini on Saturday. I have been waiting patiently all day, and, no results were posted.

Does anyone know what happened?

thanks for any info

Craig Wilcox

Old 06-27-2005, 02:47 PM
MiniAutoXr
1st Gear
Oscoda Day 2

I don't know why the Sunday results are not up other than a possible lack of internet access in Oscoda.

It started raining Sunday morning about 20 minutes before Heat 1. Although it stopped about an hour (maybe 2) later, I think it made things wet enough that few people even in the later heats had any chance of improving. So Saturday's results likely reflect Sunday's results.

Despite the 2nd place class finish, Garfield did have another great Challenge run, though, eliminated in the final round by Strelniks in the Z06.

Jeff Jacobs

Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 PM
gowest
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Courtney won STX in my car and went out in the second round of the Challenge when he failed to get the car properly staged on his last run even thouh he beat the guy on both sides and didn't get a red light. Staging has been a problem for us all along at the pro's as the air dam on the much lowered car seems to be a problem. We can usually only get one staging light.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:41 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Thanks for the reply and congrats to you Jeff, thats a great win for sure! Congrats to Courtney and Mark too!

GS should really be tight going in to the Finale in Topeka it looks like!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Peru this weekend, I finally got some 710's mounted for this last weekends divisional, the slower turn-in definitely takes some getting use to compared to the Hoosiers, but I was lucky enough to have 2 days of ultra sticky concrete in Salina to get things tuned in bit. See you all there!!

Craig

Old 06-28-2005, 04:46 AM
BGarfield
4th Gear
Jeff ripped off a wicked right side on Saturday afternoon. I'm pretty sure the results wouldn't have changed Sunday morning since I didn't break out in the Challenge and thought several of my runs were very fast.
What I found most interesting was that I was trying to cut conservative lights during the Challenge, but due to grip, I kept threading the needle with .507, .509, .514 .

We learned a lot about the Kumho's this weekend, amung many things, knowing now that they really aren't a whole lot different from the S05's when it comes to overheating (not a surprise after hearing other feedback).

My co-driver, Scott Rosenberger, is still learning the car, but seems to be going from "I'm just coming out to have fun" to "I need to get faster for Toledo" .
My Ladies class co-driver, Beth McClure Strelnieks, did great by winning the L1 class AND the Ladies Challenge. Unfortunately, she said she had to cheer for her husband in the final round of the Super Challenge. That must have been what caused me to loose .

Mark clearly found time that neither Potocki nor Cone could find this time around, so congrats to him.

Courtney did great once again, making me glad I'm not in STX anymore, and proving that even WITH a .5 disadvantage on each side to the WRX's the MINI can still win.

Oh, and finally, don't make any judgements of D Stock vs. G Stock from this event. A fast slalom out and brutally slow switchbacks on the way back will keep D Stock from being faster than G Stock any day.

See you in Toledo!

Brian