PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

i just move to pittsburgh pa

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just move to pittsburgh pa

hey all, ia m new to pittsburgh and in southside... any meet up? mechanic to recommends?

Old 07-21-2011, 03:26 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome!
This will be quick because I need to go get ready for work and didn't want to forget to reply.

check out http://www.meetup.com/motoringtheburgh/ and http://www.pittstopmini.org/

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is actually this weekend... http://pvgp.org/pvgp/site/default.asp Registration is closed... but maybe if you email one of the officers you could still register. (130ish MINIs going)

Old 07-25-2011, 06:12 AM
fastautoxmini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to Pittsburgh!

As far as a shop, mcb autosport in bridgeville is where I take my MINI.

I hope that you got to attend the grand prix. There is the dealership grand opening on
Wednesday night too. Check the websites Amber posted because thats the best way to see what is coming up.

Melissa

Old 05-14-2016, 08:32 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome to the Burgh.

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is really a fun event to go to, especially for the Mini crew. Lot's of car. Many fun people to meet.
Sadly we won't see it this year as we'll be traveling to France. But it's an great event for Mini fans.

I haven't needed a shop yet (car still under warranty) but i'm curious as well...

Fastautoxmini:
I'm in the South Hills area. I've got service done at mcv autosport in Bridgeville once. What's your experience with them?

I went for my other car (not a Mini) and I remember the guys where a little rough to talk to. Not rude, but not the most inviting and a bit slow to attend to ones need. I had them install some springs. They did a good job but where a little on the pricey side I thought for an independent garage. That said it's all the experience I had with them. They didn't really inspire me to come back... At the time I had a conversation with the son and he was complaining about a Mini he was working on that had broken down. I got the feel he wasn't equipped to be able to diagnostic Mini electronic equipment.
So I'll be a little hesitant to try again.

Other than that it seemed a great place for those doing a lot of racing. They seemed to have a lot of experience with that aspect, and a lot of fast car in their garage.