North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest-25/)
-   -   Seattle's first drive - ClubMINI (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/pacific-northwest/3890-seattles-first-drive-clubmini.html)

CheckerStripe 12-18-2002 01:07 PM

Join ClubMINI for our first group drive! We will be hitting the twisties of Chuckanut on Sat. January 25th, 2003! We already have our request in for clear weather, so don't be shy and make your plans now to meet up with other MINI enthusiasts from the Puget Sound area!

:cool:

CheckerStripe 12-18-2002 01:11 PM

Keep up to date by checking in HERE!

Davbret 12-18-2002 01:13 PM

Hey, looks interesting. How long will the drive be? Where will it originate from?

I might make it up there for the run, assuming I'm not dead tired from the rally we're planning the week before here in Oregon. Details on the rally will be up in the next day. It is January 19th in Forest Grove, OR.

Anyway, I digress. Let me know more about this. As president of the Oregon club I feel a duty to come to group drives in WA. Can't guarantee anything due to the huge event we're planning the week before and my SO may castrate me over two MINI events in 1 week. :eek: :lol:

R

PKTRKT 12-18-2002 01:13 PM

I'm Bummed :???: I haven't got my Mini yet, but will stay in touch

CheckerStripe 12-18-2002 03:27 PM

>>I'm Bummed :???: I haven't got my Mini yet, but will stay in touch

No worries mate!

My MINI is not due until late Feb. so I'll either be in my Miata or my SO's Jeep Wrangler. :lol:

CheckerStripe 12-18-2002 03:31 PM

>>Hey, looks interesting. How long will the drive be? Where will it originate from?

We are currently planning to meet at 10:00 AM somewhere between Lynnwood and Marysville.
I am pre-running the event this weekend so I'll have more details soon, but I hope to be done by 5:00 or so(?).

cuny 12-18-2002 04:06 PM

>>>>Hey, looks interesting. How long will the drive be? Where will it originate from?
>>
>>
>>We are currently planning to meet at 10:00 AM somewhere between Lynnwood and Marysville.
>>I am pre-running the event this weekend so I'll have more details soon, but I hope to be done by 5:00 or so(?).
the run up from shelton to sequim is a great twisty road. ferry to port townsend or bainbridge my mini isnt here yet but i also have the miata or the land snail vw camper for assistance. fun events are mini extravagances :eek: :lol: :lol:

Davbret 12-18-2002 04:26 PM

The SO approved coming!! Woo hoo!! We're going to stay in Seattle on Saturday night and make a fun weekend of it. So you can count me in. :wink:

R

mini-rolls 12-19-2002 03:42 PM

My MINI is due to be in Port Hueneme on the 11th of JAN. I am hoping I can pick it up at NW MINI on the 24th. There is a chance, just got off the phone with them and if there are no snags it is possible........I want to make the run in "MY MINI"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MiniB 12-19-2002 03:51 PM

I'd be very surprised if people from our Vancouver, BC club weren't interested in doing Chuckanut Drive with you. I'll post a note to inform everyone of your plans.

MiniB

CheckerStripe 12-19-2002 06:43 PM

>>I'd be very surprised if people from our Vancouver, BC club weren't interested in doing Chuckanut Drive with you. I'll post a note to inform everyone of your plans.
>>
>>MiniB

GREAT!!!

I was hoping to get the word to you guys ... I hear you's guys are fond of Chuckanut! :smile:

MiniB 12-20-2002 01:00 PM

Hi,
I posted a message on our website, at least one of us will be joining you, MiniB is cleared to head south for the day. Some of us have done Chuckanut a couple of times, others, like myself, haven't had the opportunity. I'm looking forward to meeting all of your Seattle group, it's nice to see that Davbret will be coming up as well.

We'll have to figure out where we are going to be able to meet you near the start of the drive, but there's lots of time for that.

MiniB :grin:

Davbret 12-22-2002 04:00 PM

Looks like there will be at least a small caravan coming from Portland. Kim (Kimini1) and George of MINI-Madness have both said they were most likely going!!

R

CheckerStripe 12-26-2002 01:25 PM

Check out the web-site for an update on the starting point and time!

Chucka-MINI-nut!

Davbret 12-26-2002 01:31 PM

So are we going to run up Chuckanut and back down to Lynwood again? Having a hard time trying to tell where this route is in relation to Lynwood.

Thanks!

R

CheckerStripe 12-26-2002 01:45 PM

Lynnwood is just the starting point. We will be heading north from there up I5 and then over to Hwy. 9. Hwy. 9 will meet up with Hwy. 11 (Chuckanut) and we'll follow that to Bellingham. after lunch we'll head back down Chuckanut Drive and then stay along the water to the final destination of LaConner for a break and tasty treats! :smile:

kdyer 12-30-2002 07:40 PM

I'll be there! Got my Edie today!!!

Davbret 12-30-2002 10:06 PM

Congrats Kyder!

....and you really should consider the rally in Oregon. It's gonna be a blast...and we'll have lots of great MINI prizes from several vendors. Plus we'd love to meet you! :smile:

R

kdyer 12-31-2002 07:45 AM

Hrmmm............. But that would be a reason to "have" to drive to Portland...... I'd best start seeing if the Mrs. is cool with it. I just might be there =)

dkgross 01-03-2003 08:57 AM

WHOOWHOO!!! Glad I found you guys! See ya on the 25th!

:grin:

MiniB 01-03-2003 10:18 AM

Hi CheckerStripe,

At the present time it looks like 4 of us are coming from the north side of the border to join you on the 25th. I noted that you have a 9:30 departure from Lynnwood, what time do you think you will be arriving at the MacDonald's meeting point?

Will you be able to find any FRS radios to use during the drive? If so do you know what frequency they might be, I'm going to try and borrow a set it would be great if they matched up with yours.

Ending the drive in LaConner is a great idea, talk to you soon.

Hi Davbret,

I seem to recall that you might have new radios as of Christmas day? Are we going to be seeing one of your Christmas presents at this drive, can you share their frequency with us just in case I can match them?

MiniB

Davbret 01-03-2003 10:24 AM

Will be using channel 7 sub 21 on the radios. :wink: Anyone with sub channel capable 2-way radios should bring them. I have two.

R

CheckerStripe 01-03-2003 12:13 PM

>>Hi CheckerStripe,
>>At the present time it looks like 4 of us are coming from the north side of the border to join you on the 25th. I noted that you have a 9:30 departure from Lynnwood, what time do you think you will be arriving at the MacDonald's meeting point?
>>
>>Will you be able to find any FRS radios to use during the drive? If so do you know what frequency they might be, I'm going to try and borrow a set it would be great if they matched up with yours.
>>
>>Ending the drive in LaConner is a great idea, talk to you soon.

Schweeeeet!!! :razz: )

MiniB 01-03-2003 01:41 PM

I figure if you's guys did not want to drive all the way to Lynwood we could meet up somewhere near where Hwy. 9 / I5 / Chuckanut (Hwy. 11) meet up. That way ya'll could run CHuckanut down on the way, meet us, and back through it again! :grin:
>>
>>Spencer is bringing an extra radio for me since I don't have a set yet ... I'm used to running with a CB.
>>
>>Thanks for the praise on ending in LaConner ... I thought it would be a hoot to have a line of MINI's parade through that little tourist trap! :wink:

Thanks Davbret, the search for Channel 7 sub 21 begins tonight.

Minimoto 01-03-2003 09:31 PM

Sorry that I can't be there for this one, but if I may I'd like to offer one small bit of advice. Once you've developed a road-thirst and have reached LaConner; try the LaConner Brew Pub (when you hit the main street, turn left - it's on the left 1/2 block down - where the street makes a "Z"). I live locally and can heartily recommend the fresh brews and wood-fired pizzas...they're MINI-sized.
I look forward to catching up with the group in early march. Good motoring!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: